Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ A Lie Deceved By A Truce ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Lie Deceved By A Truce

Artemis stared into space as she sighed and stared at another star.

Did Sakyo say he wasn't coming home? Did he really hate Artemis, or was this all just a dream? Did he still shivver to know she was in danger? Or did he just past it by?

She currled up into a ball in the grass near the old swing Apollo used to push her on when they were still little. The lush green and burgandy wood smeared her vishion with smiles and laughs from her childhood, like it wasn't supposed to stop and she remembered.

Falling asleep in the grass was much better than sleeping in her feather bed at the moment, until she heared real children laughter. She opened her eyes and saw a little her running around the tree while Apollo merrily smiled as he sat on the swing.

'Our place,' Artemis thought as she sat up and rubbed her cheek to get the grass off. 'Our place of peace. Where we came when I cried, where you taught me how to play a guitar.' She stood and dusted off her pants. "At least you will remain imortal as I age," she whispered to her memories. She turned away and stopped dead. "How long have you been standing there?!" she demanded. "How long?!"

The shadow that had been emiting ki stepped closer. With the moonlight coming from behind, she saw it was the new servant, Itsuki was he? His green hair flowed down in soft waves of ribbons on winds. He didn't answer, just walked up to her, ever so slowly.

"I demaned an answer! How long have you been standing there?!"

"Long enough to watch you stare."

Artemis froze. Had she said anything in those memories aloud? Had he heard what she had thought of her father? Had he followed her out here after dinner? What did he want? Had she done something to make him mad? What was going to happen to her secrets? She lowered her head as her arms dropped to her side. "You know then...."

"Yes, he didn't say he was coming back, nor did he say that he was coming back, which means both might happen." Itsuki stepped closer and got a huge blast of flames in his face.

"Your wrong!" Artemis yelled above the flames that engulfed her entire body. "He'd never leave without telling me! He'd never do such a thing!" She threw a fire ball that was about as big as a volleyball at Itsuki, causing a huge burst of flames to erupt. She stormed past him, fumes of her rage flying about and consealing her sorrow from his words.

~@~

Apollo, who had been sleeping at his work desk in his room, sat bolt up when he felt the surge in powers.

Apollo's room, unlike Artemis', was nicely decked. The walls were splashed with blue and held the imprints of suns, and clouds seemed to drift about. His room had lots of rich wood, sweet sents, and and accent of Victorian era.

Apollo felt the heat of his amulet. He stared down at his sun charm/amulet. It glowed it soft golden hue, and he knew something was wrong with his sister. Bolting out the door, after grabbing a shirt, he slowly pushed open Artemis' door and felt the sudden rush of heat from her dark flames.

To someone who didn't know her, they might have fainted. Apollo knew she was dreading something someone had said, but he didn't want to stop her from weeping. He silently closed the door and walked over to sit next to her.

"Apollo, is father coming back?"

"He's not. Not anytime soon, why do you ask, Imoto?"

"This new servant said he might or might not come back." Artemis cuddled closer. "What if he's forgotten me?"

"Don't worry, he wouldn't ever forget you. Don't you remember? He loves you, more than any father loves his daughter. He saved you from falling off of Koorime Isle the first time you slipped. He was here to help you through thick and thin. I have just been you big brother trying to help you over come when he's not here." She sniffed and he embraced her as the flames died away. "Now sleep, you need to wake up early tomorrow when we leave to show you to KoEnma. Remember, dress appropriatly and comfortably, kay?"

"Ok," Artemis mummbled, sleep in the crevest of her voice. She rubbed her eyes. "'Night, Ani."
"'Night, Imoto." He kissed her forehead and tucked her in. 'I hope KoEnma will let you be one of us, then me and you wont have to be so far appart.' He closed the door and walked to his room, yawning and stretching. Slipping into his room, he sat down at the desk to continue the search for anything that might acctually lead to what was happening to Artemis and her powers.