Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Wake, Blast From The Past ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wake, Blast From The Past

Apollo was seated in the study, doing his Reikai work again.

KoEnma had him write up a report on things around the house. At the moment, Apollo was writing it up.

Suddenly, a bang came from upstairs, followed by a crash, then another bang, and a cry of pain. Apollo dropped pen and paper and ran up the sairs. He found Artemis, currled up, blood making a river from her to his feet. A window stood with no glass. A masked demon stood over Artemis as the girl hid her face behind the pillar along the walls. She shivvered as she started to weep.

Apollo blasted the demon away and ran over to Artemis. The smaller demon-girl shook in his arms, he found her wound. A gash started from her wrist and went all the way up to her shoulder on her left arm. She cuddled up to him, one of her hands grasping his shirt.

"Make it go away, ani," she whispered to him as her tears began to turn into black liquid that streamed down her pale face. She hid her face as the attacking demon came forth to hurt them both. "Make it stop, make it disapear, make it better, ani, please, make it stop!" she cried into his shirt. "Please!" Her hand gripped harder and pulled more of his shirt into her hand.

~@~

KoEnma had just appeared when he heared the crashing and the howl of a demon dying. He was in Artemis' room and Apollo came in, carrying his baby sister. Her body looked broken.

"Artemis!" the young prince said. He searched her body for anything else broken. "Her legs, there broken, so are all the bones in her left hand."
"I know her hands broken," Apollo set her down. "Can you do anything?"

"Yes, I'll try." KoEnma suddenly looked scared. "He's-"

"NOT coming in my sister's room!" Apollo blasted the man and ran out after him.

Mind whirrling, KoEnma tried to think on what was wrong. Hadn't Apollo said Artemis was a strong girl? Hadn't he said she'd be OK, even when attacked?

But Artemis wasn't OK, she was in increadable pain. It was a wonder how she'd managed to stay for the three hours it took KoEnma to get here and Gods know how long before that. It wasn't like she might let go so easily. The room began to glow a bit and several figures and their auras were illuminated. A little girl came into KoEnma's ki and he was shocked when she walked up to Artemis and held out a white teady bear.

She was wearing a cute dress that had little blue flowers on the straps, two pockets on the front, and a little blue bow on the front. It went down to about the middle of her thighs. She was a red-head and had deep green eyes, her face was a bit tanned, but still rosey-cheeked. Her bear was white withblack eyes that seemed to hold dancing golden lights.

Artemis reached up and touched KoEnma with a small smile. "I'll be OK now, Lord KoEnma." She rested her hand on the bear and the room dimmed, until only the lights from the lamps was lit. Artemis was currled up and sleeping in KoEnma's arms. Her black ki was surrounding the two of them, her body became very warm and she currled in closer to him, as if she were simply a child begging for warmth.

The door opened slowly and Apollo came in, a small wound on his upper left arm, and he seemed to limp a lot. He came over and sat down next to them, his eyes starting to water and he smiled. His hand traveled up his wound and it vanished, he then reached out and stroked Artemis' cheek as she woke, her rubies covered again as she fell asleep.