Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Raising The Devil ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rasing The Devil

The night was filled with stars and the cresent moon.

Artemis was alone, now that Karasu was gone. She stared down at her amulet. It was shapped like the cresent moon, Apollo had a sun, all she had to do was place hers on his in a way and they had a perfect circle amulet.

She sighed and dropped the amulet back to her chest. She was alone, like every night for the past years.

She remembered Sakyo's threat. If he didn't support the Tugoro Team, they'd kill Artemis. Not Apollo, not destroy his house, kill Artemis. She meant everything to him, and h wasn't about to giver her up to death, so he let them taunt him until they nearly did kill her. Then he became cold to the rest of the world. Ever since then, he barely hugged her, said goodnights, and such. She was like the rest of the world to him. The rest of the world meant nothing to him. She now meant nothing to him. She was just another person living under his roof. He didn't care much about Apollo either. Apollo and Artemis began to grow apart, becoming ally and ally, then just friends, now they were just aquantences, just aquaintences.

She felt the blast of ki and jumped into the air. In a bright flash of light, her hair tied itself up into pigtails, her body became more muscular, her cloths became black, her eyes snapped open to reveal her azure eyes. She looked about her for Reisho, the idiot Earth Shenobi who thought he was Mr. Smart-alik.

Her eyes flared with anger and she sped down, arms in a strike range when she landed. Her forarms were suddenly covered with black swiirling winds. She stared Reisho down, knowing he wasn't scared yet, but he was definatly panicing inside. The wooden crates began to rip appart, pice by pice and the wood didn't seem to come down for a while. She was angered that he held it in.

His black eyes darted to a nearby ledge, away from his current posion. She knew where he was headed and intersepted it. Her Black Tornado fist connected with his back, causing him to go flying back down into the docks. He crashed through the docks and into the water. Her senses picked up no sign that he was waking up. She lowered herself to the ground, her ki slowly starting to open wider, and it felt something, a very faint disturbance of ki. it was somehow familiar, yet distant.

~@~

Apollo was pacing KoEnma's office as Yuske gave his report. KoEnma didn't seem to understand why thie was happening. Sensui was dead, so who'd brought him back? Whod reunited him and his group? Who had ressurected the dead? He knew he'd brought Karasu and Ani back from the dead, but Ototo, Sensui, Sniper, Game Master, all of them, alive?

Apollo finally stopped and grabbed the paper from KoEnma and scanned it for something that might help him save his imoto. He was shocked to find the reson was not writen, but it was plain, out in the open, and under KoEnma's nose! "Did you even look deeper into this, KoEnma?" he asked, setting the paper down on the desk. "Did you or didn't you?"

"No, I didn't, why does that matter?"

"'Cause, it's so simple. You might have over-thrown your father, but you never took his powers away, so now he's trying to rise to your powers, meet you evenly, then square off to kill you." Apollo smirked as he looked at Yuske, who was also smirking.

Kurama, Kuwabara, Genkai, Hiei, and Botan all looked baffled. KoEnma finally spoke up. "I never look into it because it doesn't consern my father."
"Yes, it does," Yuske said, coming forth. "Look at it. You over powered him and threw him down from his throne, now you have more power and gaining. Your going to stop collecting power someday, when you do, he'll reveal himself and you'll have less or equal amout of power. That's the problem!" Yuske waved his hands in the air with the last three words. "You don't understand what he can do! Unless you got inside his head recently-BESIDE THE POINT!" Yuske grabbed some of his hair and was pulling. "Anyhow," he continued when he got a grip on himself, "if you let him see your power now, he'll never know that you had two spies under his roof!"

Genkai's eyes suddenly snapped on Apollo. "Is this what you saw in your visions?"

Apollo, being the fore-seer, was supposedly having visions every hour of various things. Sighing he closed his eyes and saw blood, heared cries, felt pain, he seemed to touch darkness, and taste death. Everything was a blur, KoEnma's limp form, the dark looming figure of Enma, the flames, it was like a movie, yet blurry. His eyes snapped open. "You'll die if you don't stop this threat now."

~@~

Shuzuru stood there, wondering why Sakyo wanted to pick her up. She'd not heared from the man since he died in the stadium. So how did he know she still cared?

A horn honked and she saw his black Lincon. He was seated inside, waiting for her to get in. She merrily hopped in. The second the door was shut, she felt him encase her in his arms.

"I have something to show you," he whispered and let her go. "I hope you like teens. I've got two from my old lovers who died, and I don't know why." He watched her. "If you want, you don't have to come and see them."
"Where are they?"
"I'm gonna pick Artemis up from her band session, Apollo said to pick him up at the docks. I want them to meet you on Artemis' birhtday." He started the car and took off to pick Artemis up.