Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Rasing Hell In The Sun ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rasing Hell In The Sun

Everyone was talking about the fire on Civil Road, where Artemis lived. They said that Artemis was homeless now.

She just ignored the boys asking her if she needed a place to stay, or asking if she needed a ride, or something like that.

She setteled into her seat in her math class as the bell rang, making everyone silent and listening to the lecture on Algebra.

~@~

The bell rang and Artemis came out of the school, her book bag was dropped into a side pannel on her bike and she hopped on, knowing that Greg was getting home by the school bus. She took off, seeing someone was following her, she drove right past her house, up the road and to the dock, where she nearly crashed into Luigi walking along the docks. She made a sharp right to go faster, she didn't even hit the breaks, making Luigi start before he stepped out of the way of the follower.

Her sleek black motorbike could be lost in a dark warehouse, which was where she was headed. She hid and it followed. She aoutomatically started up the engine again when he was near the back, the black motorbike sped out and she lost it in a traffic jam near her home.

Apollo stood in the front yard, awaiting her arrival home.

"And where have you been, missy?" he asked playfully. A smile opened up his mouth and out came his toothy smile. "Did you have another boy on your tail?"

"Yeah, apparently obbsessed with chasing me, your pale, are you ok?" She reached up and touched his cheek. Being the shorter one, she had some difficulty trying not to use her powers to make him kneel. "Is something wrong? Oh, wait, was it cause I signaled that I knew?"

"Yes," he said, looking away. "I'm sure your probably mad at me and Sakyo for lying about what we do some nights."

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO!! I STILL WANT TO BE YOUR BABY SISTER! I STILL WANT TO BE DADDY'S SWEET CHILD!! I DON'T WANT TO BE LEFT WITH NOTHING!" She took off on her motorbike, leaving Apollo standing there with two glittering black tear gems from her eyes laying in the grass.

Her will took her back to the docks where she found Genkai and Luigi, talking. She let them be and walked over to her favorite spot. Her tear gems started to fall, making soft clank noises on the wooden docks. She stared across the water to the sunset.

Her memories seemed to flash in the light as she blinked, Apollo calling her out to swim with him, Sakyo holding her as Apollo was sent to Japan for the rest of his colage education, her time spent with her master trying to master the art of balence even when someone tried to put different weight strengths on either side.

She closed her eyes and let the spray come up and wash over her, as if she were a flower being watered. She smiled, feeling the soft brush of the cool air. Her world desolved and she stood alone, in her own dark mind, with the soft glow of her friends.

Jinx, Jin's twin sister, Shiira, Apollo's daughter, Shikon, Shiira's mother/Apollo's wife, and Suchi, Suichi Mimanomo's soon to be born daughter.

Jinx always wore black bell bottom jeans, long-sleeved black shirt that opened wider after her elbows, black mid-calf boots with no heels, and her hair was groomed neatly into two loose pigtails at the top of her neck. Shiira was a kitsune with golden ears and tail, her hair was a mix of black and yellow-red, she wore red gi and white under shirt and pants. Her mother, Shikon, was dressed like her, but in all black, her ears were black, the insides were gray, her hair was straight and black, her tail was also black with a few scattered gray hair from her father. Suchi was only 5-years-old and her eyes matched Kurama's jades, her hair was red, like her fathers, only her flush cheeks indicated that she wasn't cloned from Suichi Minamono.

Jinx and Suchi were playing near the fountain, Shiira and Shikon were fooling around with some ties and ribbons. Artemis watched, knowing that they knew her powers might go off. She stared at the cute little red-haired Suchi who was waving her to come over.

~@~

Apollo stood there, staring at the two tear gems in his palms. Now that he was in his room, he knew what he'd done.

'It cost you so much pain to know that that was the reason you were all alone at night. It cost me my baby sister. What's wrong with me? Why can't I help you? Why can't I reach you? What's wrong with me?' He set the two gems on the side as the last of their golden embers died and picked up his rining communicator. "Apollo."

"Apollo, KoEnma, did you let Artemis wander off on her own?"

"No, she just took off, why?" Apollo asked, his heart racing the clock.

"She's going to be killed if you don't stop her. She felt the death of someone else, but it was her own death. Karasu told me that she at the docks, watching the sun set. She will die if you don't help her."