Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ One Truth, One Hate, Two Hearts ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One Truth, One Hate, Two Hearts

Apollo's mind swam as he sat up in a cage. The metal bars were easily mealted, but there were three thousand pounds of cast iron above him. He sighed and laid back down. Staring up, he heard someone shift to his left.

Someone stared at him for a moment then looked away. He felt the stare again. His eyes snapped over to a pair of painfilled indigo eyes.

A single horn, shred-ended looking black hair, pale skin, pointy ears, and a frown.

"What's the matter, Shura?"

Shrua blinked the smiled. "I knew it was you. They did something to my eyes. I can't see, so when I heard you sit up, I thought you might be Apollo, I just wasn't sure."

~@~

Artemis stared at her guitar. Sakyo had finally come in through the door and come back to her life. He had sat at the piano for hours on end, playing songs that Artemis remembered from her childhood.

At the moment, he and Apollo were making a music with the violin Apollo had bought, the piano Sakyo had in herited, and Sakyo's voice. Artemis snatched up her accustic and went down stairs to the parlour where the two were seated. She watched then Sakyo stopped and looked over his shoulder at her with a grin.

"Come." Apollo pointed to a seat next to him. "Hiei's coming tonight. He's just coming and going as he wishes, so he might sneak up on up."
"Daddy, your playing again!" Artemis said happily hugging him. "I'm so happy your playing again!" She let go and sat down.

"Thank you. I'm glad your happy." Sakyo had put his hair into a loose ponytail and he wore a plain white shirt without the tie, some loose fitting black pants, and his shoes. He put his hands on the keies.

Artemis started to play her key. Apollo strung the bow.

~@~

Botan and Hinageshi, having finally dropped Hiei off stopped and listened to the guitar going. Artemis was playing solo and her music made Hinageshi sleepy. Pritty soon, Hinageshi had to ride Botan's oar home.

The second they touched Reikai's earth, Botan felt dizzy. It was like she had been drunk this whole time and hadn't noticed. She wobbled and found that something was running to her. It was a blur of blue and red. Soon, a face was made clear. Prince KoEnma was kneeling over her and Hinageshi. Checking temerature and heart beats. His brown hair stuck to his face as his did something to the two. He finally sat back, holding Botan in his arms. Hinageshi was running around him, just like a small family.

Botan fainted.

~@~

The morning sun spilled like rain on the ground through the white linen curtains of Sakyo's room. He sat up in bed and stared at his hands.

They were still a bit tingly from the playing. He smiled when he thought of Artemis' wide smile as she listened to him play.

'Now I know what was wrong before.' He saw that the fireplace hadn't been lit and tossed a small flame ball. It exploded into the flames of his fire as he got out of bed and stretched. He walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

~@~

Apollo was straining to wake his body as he lay in bed, numb from the way he slept. He finally sighed and pushed his body up with his arms.

In a slight crach, he twisted his ankle a bit and then stared down at it, his eyes wandering the pain-filled area then stepping out of bed. He walked to the dresser yanked open a stubbornly closed drawer and pulled out a small picture frame of him and Artemis as children.

Artemis' bright child eyes glittered as if stars had been planted in red firey orbs. Apollo's face and eyes were cherry red with love and trust written all over them. The picture showed little Artemis holding her white bear, Apollo holding her and the chair.

~@~

Artemis poked her head into Apollo's room and saw the oval shapped picture. The white sating dress she wore, Apollo's white tux, her teddy bear, the camera. All before she fell off Koorime Island... all before the accident to Nigenkai.

Her eyes wandered his dresser top and spotted a blinking light. She made sure no one was listening and walked over to the dresser. Taking it out of Apollo's coat pocket, she noticed it was a tape recorder. She pressed the play button and listened.

She heard nothing but rattling at first, then heared a soft cry of pain from a boy of some sort. She was shocked to find that the voice was Shura's.

Her eyes wandered Apollo's peaceful room. How could someone so gentel as Apollo have a life like this? How could he watch someone get hurt and not care? Or was there something more? Was he hiding something? What was this screaming for? What had happened to Shura?

She looked down at the recorder and opened up the thing and took the tape out and pocketed it and walked out. She needed to know what was going on. She needed to see what was so important about this Prince KoEnma where he had to keep Apollo out at nights.

~@~

Apollo had watched her take the tape from his phsyic eye. He sighed, came out, fully dressed just as she left the room.

How was he going to tell her that it was his choice to do KoEnma's bidding? How was he going to explain that Sakyo and him lied to her and took on four jobs at a time? Was she going to accept this? What if she didn't? Then what? What happens when she knows the truth? What happens when she figures it all out?

He looked out the window, his cherry red eyes watching a bird. 'What happens now, when she'll know that Genkai and Luigi were ment to let her power explode as they did me? Will she accept the truth like she always has?' He walked to the window and stared down into the peaceful street as teens started off for school. 'I wonder what your thinking, imoto. I wonder what might happen if you don't like this?' Suddenly, he spotted Artemis mounting her motorbike to go pick up Greg, her buddy from the band. She waved up at him and made a three signal. His eyes widened. 'She knows.'