Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Music, Ill At Ease, Breaking News ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Music, Ill At Ease, Breaking News

Artemis spent most of her after-school time studying her spirit text books, her normal school work, and her guitar practice.

She was playing an old song that she'd learned when she was a beginer at this. The luluby her father had always loved to sing her. Although Sakyo played it on the piano, he said it sounded better when she played it on the guitar.

A smile played on her lips as her figers danced on the guitar. She didn't know that it just came as second nature for her to pick it up right after studying. She always plaied it, right when the servants were going on their afternoon break, so they would stop in the entrance hall, which was just over the railing right out side her door, and listen as she played songs that she had learned from her father and his piano playing.

Apollo stopped dead when he heared the music of her playing and spotted the usual crowd of servants listening. He remembered how he played the violin with his father and sister at night, just to get the servants to smile for them. Now, the servants had learned, Apollo and Artemis loved to please their servants.

"A home in the feilds, Growing wild and unruly," came Artemis' voice. Apollo always closed his eyes and thought of her voice as the sun going down on a calm beach. "All they grow are my sheilds, Growing wild and unruly. Mind the flowers of the spring, And the splash of the sea, Remember the waves breaking, And the splash of the sea. Remember the daisies, the pansy and more, Remember the humming bird, See the yellow ribons galore, Just remember the humming bird."

She stopped, for a mement she was silent, then a soft note driffted out. Apollo had opened his eyes and peeked in to find that a servant girl had snuck in and Artemis was listening, playing a soft lulaby to the small child.

"Artemis, your server fans await your ending." Apollo slipped away as she tuned her electric guitar. The little servant girl was plying with the accustic guitar.

~@~

KoEnma was pacing his office. Artemis needed to know the difference between safe and unsafe! And at the moment, she was unsafe, this ment that, even with her superb skills, she was at risk to something he couldn't stop. He froze, remembering what Yuske had done to knock down Jin, how he didn't think, just did.

'What if she doesn't know how to think on her feet? Well, that means-

'No, she can't kill her powers, unless she kills herself with a knife!' KoEnma interrupted himself. "She's fine on her own, so why do I worry?!" He screwed up his hair and then stopped, hearing music. "Sakyo plays the piano?" KoEnma asked. "I thought I told him to stay in his quarters?"

Sakyo was seated at the grand piano in the empty resting court. The piano was doing fine, but it was Sakyo playing it that was a shock. KoEnma watched as Sakyo plaied the keys with ease. Like water, his hands moved like fluid.

All of a sudden, he just dropped his hands on the keies.

"Can I help you, my lord?" came Sakyo's soft reply as he closed the case up. "Or do you wish for me to tell you something that I know of my daughter?" He stood up and walked over to KoEnma with a slight bow.

"What inspired you to play the piano?"

"My life. Everytime I looked at little Artemis, I wanted to open up my father's old piano and play for her and Apollo as they grew up. Finally, Apollo was caught by a servant playing my elder sister's violin. That sparked me into teaching them music. But I stopped three years ago. That was when Artemis became frightened and she constantly tried to play on her own. She found that she was better at playing the accustic guitar than playing the piano." Sakyo looked at the black grand piano. "I guess you could say, Apollo sent me to inspire myself and Ototo forced me to stop. I was itching to play that piano since I'd seen it just sitting there. Perhaps I can try and stop."

"Do you know how to play 'Sakura Koga no Denshi'?" KoEnma asked eagerly. "I loved the song!"

"I'll teach you how to play the first virse of the song, then you practice on your own...."

~@~

Yuske went rampaging up and down his home as Genkai and Hiei argued with Kuwabara as the tag-behind.

Shizuru poked her head out of the living space which was currently experencing Yukina and Kurama in a fight.

"YUSKE! PHONE!" came Genkai's voice over the chaos of the home.

"Yuske Urameshi."
"Hey, Yuske, we got trouble. As good as this sounds to you, it's not great for me. Apollo is under a powerful mind control, but, Artemis isn't noticing anything different about him cause he's not acting up to much, but Artemis predicted a kid getting run over in your area. It'll happen in a few hours."
"Got it, thanks, KoEnma." Yuske hung the phone up and took off down the stairs of the complex and then spotted two kids playing with a basketball nearby and the ball rolled into the streets.

Yuske watched as the shorter of the two walked out to brag it.

~@~

Artemis' mind flashed and she saw the speeding bus coming at her.

The tires screech, the fatal hit, the lights, the blood, the glass, the pain. She wriggled mentaly from the pain. It was like everything was happening all over again.

~@~

Ysuke ran out in front of the bus, it nearly ran him over, but he jumped away just as it stopped short of him and the boy. He sighed in relife and checked the boy. He was in a state of shock, but he was OK, other than that.

Yuske picked the boy and his ball up and marched the boy to the sidewalk then checked the bus driver. He had been shot through the back of the head as Yuske had been busy.

Yuske sighed and did a quicky prayer for this man's soul to make a safe trip up.

He looked around and saw the bus load of people who also had been killed. All of them but the three small children aboard.

Again, Yuske got angered and he was suddenly able to see through the eyes of Artemis as she experienced the death of the driver. He felt the rush of heat, the blast of something hot through the back of his head, the sensation of the back of his chair.

He shook his head. 'Artemis is definatly not normal,' Yuske thought.