Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Baby sitting Demons ❯ Sick Days ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hiei was the first to wake up; he yawned and looked at Kurama who was still fast asleep.

" Kurama-chan? Are you awake?" He said in a childish voice. Kurama did not answer only moaned.

" K-kurama-chan?" Hiei gulped.

" Yukina-chan! Keiko-chan! Kurama-chan is dying!" Hiei screamed tears flooding his eyes.

Yukina and Keiko came running in, Hiei ran to Yukina sobbing. He was trying to tell Yukina something but she just could not make it out.

" Hiei-chan, it's ok. I'm sure Kurama-chan is fine." Yukina soothed the scared fire demon.

Keiko walked over to Kurama. The fox opened one golden eye then closed it again. His cheeks were red and he was shaking a bit.

Keiko felt Kurama's cheeks, then his forehead. " Yukina-chan will you bring me the temperature taker?" Yukina nodded, she walked off with Hiei in her arms.

" Here you go." Yukina said as she entered the room with what Keiko asked for. The human girl smiled at the koorime then to the half-koorime.

" Umm Yukina-chan.. Do I take his temperature.. like…. Like I would a dog?!" Keiko blushed even thinking about that. Yukina looked puzzled.

" I thought you put it in there mouths or under their arm." Yukina had Hiei on her lap and was rocking him gently. Keiko sweat dropped. " I just thought since he is a fox, that you would put it.. Oh never mind." Keiko blushed again. She put the thermometer under Kurama's arm and held it in place.

She waited for three minutes then took it out. Kurama was coughing softly. Keiko sighed. " Looks like you have a fever." She stated. She picked the kitsune up and walked out into the kitchen. " But you still need to eat. What would you like Kurama-chan?" Kurama said nothing but he pointed to his throat.

" Does your throat hurt?" Kurama nodded and snuggled against Keiko. " You might have the flu, or something. How about some sweet snow?" Kurama's ears perked up. Hiei also was looking at her.

" Keiko-chan, can I have sweet snow too?" Hiei asked with a hopeful look in his eyes. Keiko smiled and nodded. " Of course you can."

Yukina sat Hiei at the table on top of the books that were in his seat. Hiei looked at Kurama, his skin was paler than normal and he looked like he had an uncontrollable blush going on.

" Yukina-chan, is Kurama-chan going to be ok?" Hiei looked worried, and was about to cry until Yukina spoke up. " He will be fine, the most we will have to do is take him a some kind of human healer." Yukina said in a sweet voice and smiled. Yukina of course meant a doctor.

Keiko laughed, she loved hearing the names the demons would give the human places. Hiei seemed to calm down a bit, Keiko handed Yukina a bowl of ice cream to give to Hiei. Yukina grabbed a spoon, not that Hiei would use it but it was worth a try. She handed the bowl to Hiei who took the spoon out and started eating with his hands. Yukina giggled, some demons will never learn.

Keiko held Kurama in her arms, and was spoon-feeding him; he would shiver from the cold ice creaming going down his throat. Tears formed in Kurama's eyes. Keiko frowned. " What's wrong Kurama-chan?" Her voice held a note of worry in it.

" M-my throat hurts! And it will not stop!" Kurama burst into tears. Keiko put the ice cream down and comforted the crying fox. " Maybe we should take him to a doctor."

Keiko looked at Yukina; she was cleaning Hiei's face from all the ice cream. " All right. Is there one close by?" Keiko nodded. She stood up with Kurama in her arms. They left and were on their way to the hospital.

" Stupid cat demon. Stupid half fox breed." Yusuke muttered under his breath. Kinaka glared at him. " Human fool, I know where I'm going! It just happens to take awhile!" Kinaka clenched her teeth in aggravation. " Humans.."

The group continued their look for the `Master of Potions'. Suko stayed back in the back, but was carefully watched by either Koenma or Botan who just arrived on her oar. Youka was deep in thought paying no attention to everyone else. Kuwabara was thinking about his poor Yukina having to watch the shrimp and Kurama. He had a stupid smile on his face, Yusuke was about to pop him one until they were interrupted by a certain hyper cat demon.

" Kinaka! Kinaka! Guess what! I found a trail!" Kigame yelled happily. She jumped off the small cliff and landed on her feet.

" Ah. Perfect Kigame!" With that all said Kinaka jumped down followed by Youka.

Youka had been quite for the past hour, her thoughts were dwelling on Youko Kurama.

" I can't believe HE is Youko Kurama, that small fox child, I've heard so many stories, most of them were scary, actually they all were. He was and still would be the greatest thief in the Makai if he would start stealing again. His powers were great, he could control ANY kind of plant. Someday I will be able to control them all. " Youka let out a sigh, she was so busy in her thoughts she had no idea what the rest was talking about.

" Man. Kinaka is almost as scary as Hiei is!" Yusuke laughed, but shut up when Kinaka punched him.

Kuwabara laughed. " Yeah almost, Hiei would have your head now if you said that to him!"

Kuwabara continued his annoying laughter until Kigame tackled him to the ground. " Wanna play a game?" She asked simply.

Kuwabara stood us, the Cat girl falling to the ground with a `thud'.

" I'm busy now! The great Kuwabara Kazuma has much work to do!"

Kigame sweat dropped. " Now that was the lamest excuse I have ever got, if you don't want to have fun fine." Kigame hopped up and began running around.

" What do you feed her?" Yusuke asked Kinaka. Kinaka only smiled. " Hmmm? She eats nothing to make her this way, she is just that like that."

Yusuke scratched his head in confusion.

" Humans are stupid…" Kinaka said under her breath.

" We have been waiting for hours!" Keiko complained, she was starting to sound like Yusuke.

Yukina smiled. " I'm sure it has not been that long."

Keiko let out a small sigh, she looked down at Kurama his ears laid flat on his head, his tail laid limp, and he obviously was feeling very bad.

A boy that was in the waiting room looked at Kurama, he had a mischievous grin on his face . He ran over to the fox and pulled hard on his tail, making Kurama jump and yelp. The boy laughed, he found it amusing tormenting small kids.

" Shouldn't you take him to the vet!" He laughed and ran in circles till a small black blur tackled him.

Hiei glared at the boy, his eyes showed no mercy. " You hurt Kurama-chan!" Hiei made the boy cringe, he had never met a kid like this before.

Yukina gasped, she ran over to Hiei and grabbed him. " Hiei-chan no! You be nice!"

" But!" Hiei began but was cut off by Yukina. " No buts, if you can't play nicely then you will have to sit with Keiko-chan and I."

Hiei pouted which made the boy laugh, he found it funny, this kid was about to beat him up, and now he was being scolded. Hiei found it not funny and glared at the boy. " You touch the fox again and you die." Hiei said where only the kid could hear him. He turned around and walked to Yukina.

Finally the doctor asked for Kurama to come in.

Keiko held him in her arms, before Yukina could see Hiei ran into the room with Kurama and Keiko.

" Well hello there." He said looking at Kurama a little strangely. " Well that's a cute outfit." Kurama was too sick to even say anything. Keiko sat Kurama down on the table moving away so the doctor could look at the small fox.

Yukina walked in after a bit, she picked up Hiei and watched the doctor; she was interested in seeing how they worked. Hiei only stared at the brown-haired doctor.

" Could to open your mouth and say `Ah' please?" Kurama merely looked at him. " W-why?" He asked in a scared tone.

" Kurama-chan it's ok, just do as the doctor said." Kurama looked at Keiko then opened his mouth revealing small fangs.

The doctor gulped, these were the weirdest kids he has ever seen.

He looked down Kurama's throat using a small flashlight. The kitsune had a very red throat.

" Hmm. He might have strep throat. Hold on. I'm going to get something." The doctor went to a small table and pulled a drawer open. He took out a q-tip and a tongue depressor.

" Can you open your mouth one more time?" Kurama nodded and did as told. Hiei watched what was going on, he was glad he was not Kurama right now. " Is he going to hurt Kurama-chan?" Yukina only smiled. " He is going to help Kurama-chan get all better so you can play with him." Hiei smiled, he wanted to have fun, but there was no fun when Kurama was sick.

The doctor held Kurama's tongue down with the tongue depressor, then got the q-tip and rubbed the back of Kurama's throat making the fox gag.

Kurama began crying, he did not like how that felt. Hiei looked worried. " He's hurting him! Make him stop!" Hiei tugged on one of Yukina's hair locks. Yukina looked a bit worried herself, but Keiko said everything was all right.

" I'm going to have to give him a shot, do you have his records?" Keiko and Yukina shook their head. " Sorry, I don't think Kurama-chan has ever been to the doctor." Yukina held on to Hiei who was starting to growl at the doctor.

" Oh. If that is the case, we should give him all his shots, and then the one that will help him get better. I will be back in a little while." The doctor left the room leaving a sobbing fox behind.

Keiko picked up Kurama. " If he did not like that, he will not like those shots." Yukina nodded and looked down.

After a few minutes the doctor came back in with a nurse. " I take it that that one also has never been to the doctor." Yukina nodded, she knew they meant Hiei and she did not want to lie, which was what Keiko was about to do, she did not want Kurama AND Hiei crying.

The doctor prepared Kurama's arm for the shot, as the nurse took Hiei from Yukina, he was struggling, kicking, and screaming.

The nurse prepared Hiei's arm as well for the shot.

The doctor took one of the shots and jabbed it into Kurama's arm, the fox screamed in pain, he was to weak too try and fight them away, Hiei on the other hand had to be restrained while they gave him his shots. He was crying and yelling, this was not a day he was going to like.

Yukina looked like she could cry, she didn't like what they were doing to them. Keiko only looked down trying to drown out their cries with her thoughts on Yusuke and how he was doing.

Youka was on her hands and knee's smelling the ground. " This scent, I know where we are!" She jumped up startling the group with her out burst.

" Where are we then?" Yusuke asked rather annoyed.

" We're close to the master of potions!" Kinaka growled, Youka made her look like she had no idea where she was going, being part fox instead of full like Youka. That made her sense of smell not as good as Youka's.

Kigame jumped down from a tree she was in. " I think we should go that way!" She pointed at a huge mountain.

" You mean we have to climb?!" Kuwabara yelled. Youka, Kinaka, and Kigame nodded.

Koenma walked up to the front. " You sure that is the way?" Youka nodded again. " Yup I can smell his scent!" Her tail wagged behind her, this trip was turning out so fun for her! But she wished she were with Kurama and Hiei playing, eating cookies and sweet snow.

" Yu-chan! I'm hungry!" Youka yelled clinging to his leg.

" Yu-chan?" Kinaka repeated.

" Yup! Yu-chan is what Hiei-chan and Kurama-chan call him! So I call him that too!"

Kinaka snorted. " We don't have time to eat Youka, lets keep going."

Youka whined the rest of the way about how she was hungry and tired.

Suko walked back in the back with Botan. " This is stupid… I hope they know where we're going." Suko looked at Youka and smirked.

" Youka-chan!" She said in a sweet voice. Youka looked at Suko and ran to her. " Yeah?" Her child curiosity got the best of her.

Suko lowered her voice so Botan and the rest could not hear her. " You want to help me with something?" Youka thought for a moment then nodded. " Help with what?"

" I know who you are, you're Youka Yara. You have been cursed like me, I can help you restore your true age."

Youka looked down. " H-how did you know?" Suko smirked. " You can't fool me, you are attracted to Youko Kurama, and could it be you two were once both mates?"

Youka shook her head. " Youko Kurama would never find me to his taste, I'm not that good of a thief. Anyways. I think he likes someone else."

Youka started giggling. " What's so funny fox?" Suko asked. Youka smiled. " I thought it would be fun to stay a child and stay with Kurama forever."

Suko sweat dropped. " I doubt he would." Youka nodded. " I know! Anyways it will be better being my true age, sure I will help you."

Suko grinned. " You're not like Hiei or Kurama, you still have your memories when you were older. Once I put the spell on them they act like three year olds." Youka nodded. " How do I help?"

"Even if you are a 200 year old fox, you still were very easy to get." Suko smirked.

" What are you two whispering about?" Botan interrupted bringing Suko out of her thoughts and making Youka laugh, she was still a child, and she still acted like one, all she had were memories of when she was older. Botan smiled. " Youka-chan, maybe you should go help the others." Youka nodded and ran off.

Kinaka glared at Suko who only smiled at her. "She thinks she can fool me, I could hear your whispers."

" What's wrong?" Kigame ran up to the fox half-breed.

" Huh? Nothing.. Just thinking." Kinaka smiled at the cat demon. " Let's go. I want you to watch Youka and this Suko Ok?" Kigame nodded and saluted. " Sure!" She bounced off giggling uncontrollably.

Kinaka shook her head and sighed.

" Hey what's this?!" Yusuke yelled looking at a footprint.

" That's a footprint fool." Kinaka answered. Yusuke glared at her. " I know that! Stupid fox thing."

Keiko sighed, they finally reached home, and both Hiei and Kurama cried the whole way back, but finally feel asleep. Yukina was making tea for Keiko and herself while the two demons slept on the couch.

Kurama started coughing, he sat up and held his throat. " Kurama-chan? You want some ice cream?" Kurama nodded, he was still sleepy from the medicine the doctor gave him.

Hiei seemed to have heard this and woke up too. " Can I have sweet snow?" Keiko frowned. " Hiei-chan, there is barely enough for one, let Kurama-chan have this, he is sick." Hiei's lip trembled. " B-but I want sweet snow.. too.." Tears ran down his cheeks.

" I will go get some more, you will have to wait though." Yukina said smiling at Hiei. Hiei nodded sadly, Keiko handed Kurama the bowl of ice cream.

" Hiei-chan here." Kurama's voice was hoarse, and scratchy from his sore throat. He grabbed some of the `sweet snow' and handed it to Hiei. Hiei smiled at Kurama and started licking it. Keiko sighed. " I hope he does not get sick."

Hiei finished the ice cream, Keiko came and cleaned his hands and face. Yukina left for the store to get ice cream and a few other things.

" When you get better we can play!" Hiei said happily Kurama nodded and finished off his ice cream, Keiko cleaned his face and picked them both up. " It's time for a nap you two." Hiei looked at Keiko, he wanted to run, but the shots the `evil doctors' gave him made him very tired.

Keiko picked them both up and took them into the bedroom. Hiei feel asleep on his way there, while Kurama had a harder time, his coughing made it hard to sleep, he felt very bad.

Keiko picked him up and sat in the rocking chair. " Want me to rock you to sleep?" Kurama only nodded snuggling closer trying to keep warm, though no matter what he did he stayed cold. " K-keiko-chan. I'm still cold."

Keiko grabbed a blanket and covered him up. " I know, the fever makes you cold, the medicine will start working soon." She hugged the fox and continued rocking.

Hiei popped up next to her making her jump. " Hiei-chan? You need to get back into bed."

" I want you to rock me too." Keiko smiled and picked him up. " All right, maybe you can warm Kurama-chan up."

Hiei curled into a ball and feel asleep, shortly followed by Kurama. Keiko only sighed, she decided to rock them a bit more.

" Sleep well you two, when you wake up we will play."

Ok so sorry took so long! Been busy, but heres another chapter, I'll write soon , but I might write a chapter for another story first, but I will continue!

Hope you enjoy