Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Before there were Band-aides ❯ Some Truth Some Lies ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Renard: Ok, I'm back with another chapter and I feel all special like. And Yusuke went away so onward read *runs off to find Yusuke*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

 

Kurama reluctantly left me at my door. As he walked away, I felt almost bad for him since he did have to walk alone now.

 

The first thing I did when I got inside was toss all the stuff that was in my computer chair onto the floor. I smiled at the thud and parked myself heavily in place. Click, click, click, modem buzzing, click, click, frenzied clicking, censored words.

 

"I hate computers." Eventually, my buddy list came up.

 

ForelornLoser478: Hey

ForelornLoser478: Come on, even u don't take 5 min. 2 answer sum1

DancingArcher373: …who r u?

ForelornLoser478: Don't play games w/ me Tara, u no its me

DancingArcher373: but…u died

ForelornLoser478: well obviously I didn't. Im tlking 2 u afterall

DancingArcher373: But…

ForelornLoser478: wat? Not glad to c me?

DancingArcher373: U REJECT! *cries and glomps*

ForelornLoser478: uh…

DancingArcher373: u fucking `ject! We've spent all this time thinking u were dead

ForelornLoser478: Well, I should b, but sum1 stopped me

DancingArcher373: tell me who so I can express my undying love+devotion

ForelornLoser478: he's some guy w/ red hair

DancingArcher373: like my baby? *dreamy sigh*

ForelornLoser478: No, his hair is like…really red…like…a crayon.

DancingArcher373: that's not natural

ForelornLoser478: no…but its so bloody cooooooooooool

DancingArcher373: well, I kinda h2g, I have homework 2 do

ForelornLoser478: don't tell the others! No matter wat!

DancingArcher373: y?! Alex is locked up in her room crushed…

ForelornLoser478: things r about to get crazy and I don't want 2 be around for 2 much longer…keep it between us

DancingArcher3373: I'll try. Bye

 

With that she signed off and I was left staring at my buddy list with two names on it. Now no one was on. It was just like always, me being left alone in buzzing silence with nothing but the sad thoughts that liked to stick to me as if super glued in place. I shook my head.

 

I was thinking of Tara, trying to in vision the look on her face when I signed on. She would be wearing her usual, skull and cross bone earrings, white finger gloves, grey hooded t-shirt, plane blue jeans, slightly worn out ballet slippers, with her short strawberry blond hair in a pony-tail with smallish bangs behind her ears. The look on her face would be a mix of fury, sadness, and suffering. She would have clenched her fist, struggling to contain all then things racing through her at once. I knew Tara better then I knew Alex and Maryia. She would tell them, or at least hint overtly until they knew, then she'd swear them to secrecy.

 

I went downstairs and leaned over my sink looking out the small window. Just last night this had been the place of my ultimate escape and now it was the place of my ultimate regret. I couldn't grasp why. I guess I never really thought anyone in this world cared about me, but with Tara being angry and Alex being locked up in her room "crushed" then some one must have. Kurama saved me, and he didn't even know me. I'm sure that he probably would never let me attempt suicide now…but who was I to listen to some stranger who spent an entire several lifetimes (considering that he is technically over three thousand years old) deceiving people just for the adrenaline rush. Besides, I was nothing more than a burden, to my friends, and to Kurama and his cronies.

 

"Why am I thinking like this? O god, I just need to sleep. I'm going to drive myself insane." I tromped upstairs and went to bed.

 

The next morning I woke to my doorbell. I muttered colorful words all the way to the door where I found none other than Kurama.

 

"What do you want?" I asked as I opened the door.

 

"Good morning."

 

"O what ever. Get in here." I pulled him in by the shirt sleeve and grabbed my bathrobe from my chair. I hadn't realized it until then, but I was only wearing a long t-shirt over my short running shorts.

 

"So, ya gonna answer me? O ya, take a seat waters boiling." I said as I moved about the lower level of the house pretty much ignoring darling Kurama.

 

"I came to check on you." He answered when I gave him a mug of tea.

 

"Well thanks but I'm fine. Don't you have to hunt down some demon thing?"

 

"Yusuke is following a lead with Kuwabara. They decided there was no need for me to come."

 

"And you trusted them? The dumb asses can't even stop me, they're screwed in the face of a demon."

 

"They are a lot more capable than they seem." Kurama stared deep into his mug.

 

"Well, I guess they did win that tournament thing…and they stopped that crazy guy from world domination." I admitted, remembering some of the things the guys had told me. Kurama nodded. "So, you never did tell me what purpose I'm going to serve you in this mission besides being your handicap. Oh oh oh, am I gonna be like the damsel in distress and I get all kidnapped and you come rescue me and we fall madly in love and live happily ever after for the rest of our days as cemented by a really bad make out scene?" I asked excitedly, playing rambunctious just to get a different reaction out of him besides that calm not-fazed-by-anything reaction he always has to stuff.

 

He raised an eyebrow. Damn, struck down again.

 

"Is it that your just not sure yet?" Kurama nodded. Victory reclaimed. "That's great, are you sure you don't just want me out of your hair already? You did a nice thing, but there's nothing left for you to do now that I'm not dying." He didn't respond. "So, by not saying a word are you agreeing?" I looked down at the bandages on my wrists and traced the nasty brown lines of dried blood.

 

"You should change those to prevent infection." Kurama stated, watching me. I shrugged.

 

"What do I care? I don't really want to so I'm not going to." Kurama stood and left, but he came back a few moments later with some peroxide and gauze. I cringed instantly. "No, you aren't touching me with that vial crap." I said, instantly pulling my hands away from him.

 

"Please, this will not hurt."

 

"Yeah, if you don't call extreme and agonizing peroxide caused stinging painful." Kurama sort of blinked, only it lasted a millisecond longer then a normal blink.

 

"Please, let me just see your wrist."

 

"Fine foxboy, but if this hurts I'm suing for all your worth." I said as I revealed my tormented arms. He pushed up the sleeve of my bathrobe, and started to gently unravel the old gauze. I looked away as my bare skin was exposed. I did catch a glimpse of the scabbed slice and the red surrounding it ecetera and that was more than I needed. I smelled the peroxide, and knew that he was getting ready to soak me in it so I tensed.

 

"Relax. It won't sting long." He said as he lowered the cottan ball to my skin. The peroxide was cold and it took a moment for the pain to set in but I sucked it up.

 

Not much later I was newly wrapped and trying to hold back the giant wince that threatened to show from the alcohol. I pulled my wrists closer to my face, inhaling the alcohol fumes by accident, and coughing slightly. I shook my head at Kurama's slightly worried expression.

 

"S'all good Foxboy." I said through a yawn as I curled up in a ball on my couch and fell asleep.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

 

Renard: Sorry this chapter sucked. It's hard to find inspiration when there's homework, holidays, and sleep depravation at hand. But all of that aside, please review

 

Yusuke: HA! I'M FREE! *points in face* EAT THAT!

 

Renard: *punches* Shut up.

 

Yusuke: *attempts to tackle Renard but instead hits a wall*

Renard: *lhao* REVIEW!