Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Before there were Band-aides ❯ Walking Home ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Renard: Heyas everbody. Today I would like to give a lesson in writing a proper review.

 

Yusuke: *still bound and gagged* muh mi i e oeeh uh ohenheh hahurh hon (But this is only the opening authors note)

Renard: Ya so? It helps to inform the readers so they can keep these things in mind during the story. Anyway, before Mr. Speaks-With-His-Mouth-Full over here makes some smart comment, here are the directions for a proper review.

 

First, compliment (or insult) the story, ending the complimentary (or insulting) sentence with an exclamation mark. Then, ramble needlessly about how cool the story is, adding observations about the plot, characters, etcetera. Do not make this part any longer then four sentences unless you are very hyper. That brings us to our next part, if there is a reason for your rambling, state it in order to calm the authors nerves. When all of that is finished, restate the compliment (or insult) and close with "Please Update Soon" and an idle threat such as "Or I'll Do Something Drastic…And You Don't Want That" or crying, or angry rampages, etcetera. Now, if you love me you will onward read!

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

It was probably around six when Ms. Minamino came home, and she tried to convince me to stay for dinner. I refused, just wanting to get back to my pathetic moping and stuff. Kurama however, being a gentleman…decided that he had to walk me home.

 

"What, are you afraid I'm gonna get myself killed or raped or something?" I asked as I grabbed my coat. He shook his head but didn't answer (he was however smiling which I figured was good). In perfect silence, we left his house and started walking down the street. I began to wonder why it seemed like a good idea to walk around looking for Kurama in the first place. I also wondered why the hell I didn't call for a cab. Well, I didn't know how far away my house was from his, so I guessed it would be cool to find out. Besides, I was good with memorizing my surroundings, maybe I'd start paying him surprise visits. Ha, wouldn't that be funny.

 

Before I knew it, I was singing the words to one of the worlds very best songs ever in all creation, Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I was sure, knowing what I did about our dearest Foxboy, that he could hear me. Normally I would care, but his clueless facial expression calmed my nerves and I started unconsciously singing louder.

 

"I walk a lonely road

The only one I that have ever known

Don't know were it goes

But its home and I walk alone

 

I walk this empty street

On the Blvd. of broken dreams

Were the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk alone

 

My shadows the only one that walks beside me

My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find

Till then I'll walk alone

 

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

 

I'm walking down the line

That divides me somewhere in my mind

On the border line of the edge

And were I walk alone

 

Read between the lines of what's

F**ked up and every things all right

Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive

And I walk alone

 

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a...

 

My shadows the only one that walks beside me

My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find

Till then I'll walk alone

 

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

 

I walk this empty street

On the Blvd. of broken dreams

Were the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk a..

 

My shadows the only one that walks beside me

My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find

Till then I'll walk away!"

 

I liked to think of that as my song, and that one thought alone was in my head as I sang it. Kurama stared ahead, concentrating on directions, street signs, you know, that stuff. I could tell by his careful expression that he wanted to talk to me, and that it was probably about some slightly serious thing that could get us into another silence causing discussion as we had had earlier in the day. Man that was awful. I shook my head again, singing one of the chorus' repeatedly since it was now stuck in my head.

 

"Who wrote that?" Kurama asked suddenly. I thought he was asking because he was getting annoyed with hearing the same thing over and over and over again.

 

"Green day. It's off their cd American Idiot. I just think it fits me... and besides all that, it's a cool song. Awesome guitar solos and stuff. It's one of those songs that makes you wonder how you can hate punk rock." I smiled, knowing that he probably wished I could speak in one sentence to answer a three word question instead of four sentences. Some one told me once that I just liked to hear myself talk…in some respects I guess it's true. I liked to blame it on my overactive mind…but no ones asking now.

 

"So, why the hell did you guys let me get in the middle of this anyway? You could have just told me that I had no business getting into this and it was no big deal so get my fat ass out of there." Kurama wasn't quite expecting that, but he did recover quickly. I didn't really feel like hearing him tell me that both Yusuke and Hiei tried to get me to go, but I wouldn't. "Although, I probably wouldn't have left anyway. I'm stubborn, if I want something I get it. Although…when I need something it always seems to escape my grasp…" I remarked, looking at him from the corner of my eye. His facial expression didn't change, but I could see his arms straightening out further along his side.

 

"So, am I just gonna be a leech, or are you guys going to have use for my…'talents'?" I asked, doing air quotes around the word "talents." I knew all along that being able to read into people's emotions by seeing subtle gestures and crap wasn't going to be that useful, hell; it didn't even come in handy in everyday life. There was no way I was gonna be able to use it in battle. Besides, it's not like being able to tell how people are feeling is a big deal, anyone can do it for crying out loud. A completely self centered fool who can't see anything but the world revolving around them, knows that if some one's been crying they're sad. It doesn't take brains to see an overriding emotion. But that's just kind of how I look at random things like that anyway. Kurama didn't answer me. In fact, he was completely spacing.

 

"Hey yo, wake up kiddo! Bed time isn't until later!" I commanded, waving my hand in front of his face and snapping a few times. He came to his senses really fast, but I was having fun so I didn't notice until he was looking at my flailing hand oddly. "Hey ya sorry. So, what are you thinking about over there in your large head of yours?"

 

"Nothing important." He answered, his gaze still on the sidewalk.

 

"Ya, ya sure Foxboy. That's exactly it."

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Hiei: What was the point of that *points to lesson on review writing*

Renard: I DON'T KNOW OK?! I WAS BORED AND THINKING ABOUT REVIEWS AND POOF THERE IT IS! GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT SHORT ASS?!

 

Hiei: Hn *walks off*

Renard: *censored*

 

Yusuke: meho!

 

Renard: Ya, if u meho then I'll give u a minheh hhahoriha marhihohe hmh

 

Yusuke: Hah hoo hahing mhe? (are you mocking me?)

 

Renard: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

 

Renards Random Friend: What does meho and minheh hahockamshpaka or whatever mean?

 

Renard: Omg, get it right haha. Ok, REVIEW AND I'LL GIVE YOU A PRINCESS BALLERINA KARAOKE SET!