Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Behind the Scenes ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Millie: XD Perfect idea.
Black: *eyes her* And what is it.
Millie: *glares* None of your business.
Black: *rolls eyes.*
Yusuke: I know what it is.
Black: WHAT??!?! SHE TOLD YOU?!?!
Millie: I COULDN'T HELP IT!!! HE FORCED IT OUT OF ME!!
Black: By doing what? *glares*
Millie: >_>…<_<…OK YOU CAUGHT ME!! I JUST WANTED TO TELL SOMEONE!!! >_<
Black: grrrr….enjoy….*eye twitch*
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
“Cut cut CUT!” Sarah yelled from her director's chair, her naturally red hair covered up with a black, backwards baseball cap. She was wearing baggy, green pants and a black, tank-top belly shirt to show off her small frame. “This is all wrong Isabella. You are supposed to feel pain and hatred for Yusuke but at the same time love and warmth. WHY DON'T YOU GET IT ALREADY?!?!” She spat at her lead actress, her blue/green eyes narrowing into slits. Isabella rose from her seating position on the set to listen to Sarah's bickering.
“I am trying my hardest but you can't fucking have all three of those emotions in ONE person at the SAME TIME!!” She argued in her natural British accent, flailing her arms about like she about to take off in flight as if she were a bird. Even though they stood next to each other only a few feet away, Sarah brought her megaphone to her mouth.
“WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T!!!” She screamed through the mouthpiece. Isabella closed her hands over her ears, the noise making her eyes cross. Yusuke merely sat in his chair with his name printed on the back and shook his head.
“You know what?!?! I think I should fire you!” She continued to yell. Isabella's eyes widened and she crossed her arms.
“Well if you THINK you SHOULD then maybe it's BETTER TO!!!” She shot back, not thinking she would really go through with it. Sarah smirked.
“Oh no.” Yusuke said to himself. “This won't turn out well.” He added, taking a swig from his water bottle, ankle of his right leg resting on his left knee.
“Well then, your work is done. It's been no pleasure at all working with you. You're FIRED!!” She yelled as Isabella's luggage from the extravagant house she lived in with the rest of the cast appeared before her.
“Wha-!?!?” Her mouth dropped open at how fast she had been thrown into the unemployment line.
“No need to apologize or thank me my dear.” Sarah went on sarcastically. Hiei was watching the whole scene as well and almost laughed at what was going on. He hated Isabella with her big, fake boobs and horribly botched accent.
“Well then, I will be off but don't come crying to me when you can't find a replacement for the lead rol-“ She was cut off.
“NO NEED!” Sarah interrupted. “I already have someone in mind my dear. Now leave my set before I call SECURITY!!!” She ended through her megaphone once more. Isabella shut her mouth and walked to her limousine in a huff.
“NO USING THE COMPANY LIMO EITHER!!!” Sarah called one last statement.
“Damn.” She said to herself as she began walking towards the boiling hot, cruel streets of California.
“So who is this person you are going to call to get play the roll, sister?” Yusuke asked as he continued to sit cross legged in his rightful chair. Just then Sarah pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number, rapidly pounding away at the keys.
“The perfect person and the only one I know that will be excited about it.” She answered after the longest pause known in the history of man. Kurama walked over to the snack table to get a donut when he saw Hiei eying him.
“What?” He asked, feeling uncomfortable with the uncalled for stare. Hiei only continued to glare at glare.
“I am very disappointed in you Kurama!” He stated as he took a rough, angered bite out of his own donut.
“For what?!” He asked as he ate some yogurt with his snack.
“For bringing that poor girl into the house only to not call her the next day.” Hiei replied. Kurama only shrugged.
“What can I say? I love the ladies.” He said and leaned back to rest on the edge of the table.
“Uh, you're a player.” Hiei stated, disgusted.
“Don't hate the player, hate the game.” Kurama replied. Hiei just sat there in his own claimed wooden chair with his mouth wide open, grossed out by Kurama's idiotic state of mind. Even though Kurama played an intelligent, polite guy in the show didn't mean he was one. He was sort of jock-like; dumb and perverted. He only shrugged it off and walked away. Hiei on the other hand seemed to be a hard ass to all of his fans but in reality he was a sweet and loving guy.
“Hey Melissa I have some good news for you.” The others listened in on Sarah's conversation as she called up one of her greatest friends.
“Melissa?” Kurama asked himself in a whisper. It took a minute for this person to register in his head. “Oooooh Melissa. I remember her…wonder if she digs me. I got that vibe when she was here before.” He added to himself.
“Oh Kurama, would you please stop thinking that way for one minute?” Yusuke asked as he remembered who this girl was as well. Hiei still had that disgusted look on his face as before.
“HAH! I KNEW IT!!” Sarah yelled as she hung up the phone and did a little happy dance. “Isabella has moved out and Melissa will be here in the night flight from New York by tomorrow afternoon. So you guys better clean up the house when you guys get back. I don't want to scare my new lead actress away before we even have our first shoot.” She glared at Kurama.
“Hey, if she wants me I'm not going to deny her.” Was all he said as he put his hands up in protest. Hiei and Yusuke rolled their eyes at his statement. They continued on with the day, shooting scenes that they didn't need Melissa for. Once they were done they all went home and cleaned up the place.
“What do you want me to do with this?” Kurama called from the bathroom as he brought up a pair of dirty underwear from the laundry basket.
“Ew Kurama! Put those back in the hamper, god.” Sarah called from the living room. She was straightening up the pillows and blankets, making sure it didn't look like they lived in a poor house. In fact, that house they were living in could never look like a poor anything. The walls were all painted different colors depending on the role it played to the people who lived there. The furniture was either of antique décor or had a modern twist to it. The kitchen was a completely open space with an island in the middle and dark blue walls with pure white cabinets. The living room was a blood red color with one huge black couch in the middle; a little matching love seat to go along with it. A flat screen television hung on the wall with a perfect little black, wooden cabinet of an antique style. The computer room was a deep forest green with a dark, polished wooden desk with a brand new Macintosh sitting atop of it. The house was finally clean as the other habitants of the house retreated to the living room for a little food and entertainment.
“So when will she be here?” asked Hiei as he started making himself some Ramen noodles. Sarah paused her video game and turned around to see what everyone else was doing.
“Well she should be in about an hour now.” She answered him. “KURAMA!!!” She yelled as she saw him eating a cake with his fingers.
“Whargt?” He asked as his face was stuffed with it, icing smeared all over his face.
“That cake wasn't for you!!” She yelled. Kurama just shrugged and continued to smash the chocolaty goodness into his mouth. She glared at him and shook her head.
“This is what I get for living with three men.” She said to herself.
“Yes but we are not all idiots like he is.” Yusuke told as he sat on the couch reading a book, propped up by the armrest.
“Psh, whatever.” She sighed.
“Come and greet me like real hosts!!!” Melissa called with a laugh as she stepped through the door of the house. She had short brunette hair and artist glasses covering up her hazel eyes. She wore black fitted jeans, black flats, and an Emerald green, v-neck t-shirt. Everyone looked up from what they were doing, Kurama first and then the others. He ran to the entrance and saw her put her luggage to the side. He ran to her and pulled her into a tight embrace, his hands slowly but surely moving down to her ass.
“It's nice to see you too Kurama hehe…hey!” She yelled as he squeezed her. “PERVERT!” She yelled. Yusuke followed suit and jogged into the foyer to see her, giving Kurama a little smack on the head as he let go of Melissa.
“It's so nice to see you again Melissa.” Yusuke said as he gave her polite hug. She giggled a little in a non-preppy way and hugged her back.
“Hehe, it's nice to see you too Yusuke.” She replied and looked around the place after they parted.
“So where is everyone else? …the crazy fire kitsune that called me?” She asked. Just then Sarah ran in.
“Hey, finally you get here.” She greeted her, giving a small hug and looking around. Melissa only sweat dropped.
“Well it is a ten hour flight!” She snapped.
“I DON'T WANT TO HEAR EXCUSES!!!” Sarah argued, flailing her arms. Melissa only shook her head.
“I forgot how crazy you directors are.” She replied and took her luggage further into the house.
“So where's my room?” She asked. Yusuke picked up a few of her bags and carried them into the hallway before turning to her.
“I'll help you carry them there, just follow me.” He said as the walked down the corridor and veered off towards the right. Sarah went back into the living room and retrieved a script from the movie they were to make. When Melissa and Yusuke walked back out, a stack of stapled together paper was thrown at her. Lucky for her Yusuke caught the huge thing before it hit her head.
“HEY!!!” She yelled at Sarah.
“Read it. Memorize it. Feel it.” Was all Sarah said in return emphasizing the last tiny sentence with hand gestures towards the sky. Melissa merely shook her head.
“I'm getting some milk.” She said and walked away from her, leaving Sarah to look like a fool in the middle of the living room. Melissa laughed as she poured herself a glass and sat at the island.
“Hi Hiei.” She greeted him as he continued to cook.
“Hey Melissa. I would have gone over and given you a hug but I didn't want my food to burn.” He replied. She nodded her head as they continued to do whatever for the rest of the night. Soon the house was dead silent as everyone went to sleep to rest up for the next day.
“EVERYONE ON SET!!!” Sarah yelled, once again from her megaphone.
“What is with you and using that thing?” Kurama asked as he covered his ears. Melissa was new to all of this but she knew how she was because they had been friends for so long.
“It is the way she works. Just let her do whatever she wants, she is the director you know.” Yusuke replied.
“Yeah listen to my brother OR BE FIRED!” She yelled. Melissa rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, drifting off into her own little daydream.
“MELISSA!” She yelled.
“Huh?!? What?!” Melissa responded as she snapped back to reality.
“Did you read the script and remember what it's about?” She asked in a stern tone. Melissa went shifty eyed.
“Well….sort of…I mean you gave me ONE night to memorize A WHOLE MOVIE after a TEN HOUR FLIGHT!” She answered her, now eating a donut from the cast only table. Sarah rolled her eyes in a huff.
“Oh god well…you will be acting mostly with Yusuke and Hiei.” She told her and walked away.
~Yusuke huh?~ Melissa though. ~Sweet.~ She added. Hiei heard her thoughts and began to chuckle a little. Yusuke looked over to him.
“Hehe, what are you laughing about?” He asked in his normal voice. Hiei immediately stopped laughing.
“Oh…nothing..hehe…eh.” He retorted and looked over at Melissa. Melissa raised a brow in confusion but then just shook it off.
“Ok, so we start off this scene where Melissa and Yusuke find out that the demons want to wipe out the entire human race.” Sarah began. The two actors got into place, knowing their lines and everything.
“Aaaaaaaaaaaand ACTION!” She yelled from the sidelines.
“W-What??! Why- They…they can't. It's murder! You can't wipe out an entire race just because they seem like a threat to you!” Melissa began the scene.
“I know but they have called war on them and we have to fight on their side or we are traitors to our own kind.” Yusuke went a long. Melissa began pacing back and forth in front of the couch of the set. Yusuke leaned on the wall, arms crossed next to the breakfast bar. Melissa shook her head.
“Uh-uh, no! I'm not fighting for them. If we fight with them then we are traitors to our own families.” She went on. Yusuke looked up at her with an expression on his face to that of remembrance.
“You're right…but…I-…I already said yes to them.” He stated, now looking away from her. Her eyes widened.
“What?!” She asked frantically. “You can't be serious.” She added.
“I'm sorry but…they threatened to take everything I have…I couldn't let them do that.” He replied. Melissa looked down to the floor, a silence falling over the two.
“…if you fight with them…then you already have lost everything.” She said and grabbed her belongings, walking to the door.
“Where are you going?” Yusuke asked her. She stopped in mid stride with the door already open. She turned only her waist to look at him and then turned back to look at the floor.
“I won't be gone for long…just until this war is over.” She explained. Yusuke opened his mouth to say something but couldn't think of anything to say. She walked out the door without saying another word or waiting for him to say anything.
“Damnit!” Yusuke cursed, knocking the coffee table over.
“Aaaaand CUT!” Sarah called with a huge smile. Melissa and Yusuke smiled as well and walked over to her.
“So?” Melissa asked.
“I loved it XD” Sarah told. “Maybe we can FINALLY get somewhere here.” She added.
“You did really well.” Yusuke complimented Melissa. She blushed slightly and thanked him, walking over to the snack table so he wouldn't see the pink shading her cheeks. Hiei saw this and began laughing uncontrollably.
~Hahahahahaha! You like him don't you?!?!~ He asked her telepathically, still laughing.
~Huh? Of course not. It's Yusuke.~ Melissa answered him.
“KURAMA!!! I NEED YOU ON SET!!” Sarah called from her director's chair. Kurama was sweet talking some young blonde with a mini skirt, trying to get a hot date for the night. Sarah got fed up with waiting and couldn't find him anywhere so she got up and went over to where Hiei was still laughing at Melissa.
“Have you seen Kurama?!” She asked in an annoyed tone.
“Hey baby, you come here often?” He asked her, messing with a stray lock of her hair.
“KURAMA!!! NO FLIRTING WITH THE HELP!!!” She called to him. “YOU'RE ON SET NOW HURRY UP!!!”
“She what I have to deal with?” She asked the two that were just watching everything; Yusuke now on set. Now that the needed people were called for, the next scene could take place.
“Aaaannnnnd ACTION!!!” She called.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Millie: I promise it will get A LOT funnier in the next chapter. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!!
Hiei: I hate you.
Millie: HEY!!! >_<…Hm…you hate everyone.
Black: Wow…you made Yusuke seem…smarter.
Yusuke: HEY!!
Millie: Well helloooo…it's supposed to be behind the scenes. The stuff the no one sees….you'll get used to it. Please R&R ^_^