Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Love ❯ Introducing Yakima ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Me:Okay, so this is another fic. I got the idea from my friend Sunny. Propz goes out to you, Sunny boy.


Kurama:Who's Sunny?


Hiei:The guy's she's obsessed over.


Me:Am not! And dont worry people, I'll update my other fics too.


Kuwabara:Has anyone seen my sack of potatoes?


Yusuke:Your WHAT?!


Kuwabara:Sack.Of.Po-ta-toes.


Me:Uhm...And why do you have a sack of potatoes?


Kuwabara:It's for Eichichi. It's her lunch.


Me:o.0...I thought cats eat cat FOOD. You know, cat chow?


Kuwabara:Eichichi is a special kind of cat.


Me:We'll look for it*pats Kuwabara's head*. Don't worry your tiny little peanut sized brain over it.


Kuwabara:Yeah...wait, HEY!


Me:I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho! Thank you and enjoy! *Runs away*


Kuwabara: HEY UH----*Interrupted*


~Chapter 1~


Kurama was walking down the street, his eyes fixed on where he was walking. His school said he had to do some communtiy service, so he was looking for some opportunity. He had bad experience with the elderly home, so he wasn't going to bother trying there again.


~Flashback~


"WHERE IS MY APPLE SAUCE?"


"YOU ALREADY ATE YOUR APPLE SAUCE!"


"THEN WHERE'S MY MEDICINE?!"


"ASK THAT BOY OVER THERE! HEY BOY!"


Kurama was stuck taking care of ten elderly people and they were driving him nuts. One was forcing him to play checkers, another was forcing to make him play chess, he had to cook lunch for five of them since the others didn't want any, another wouldn't get out of bed for his daily walk, and two were complaining about apple sauce and medicine. He was ready to pull all of his hair off and he had a lot to go. He ran to the old man and gave him the medicine. Then the woman with him yanked on Kurama's hair to give her lunch. Kurama ran to the kitchen and took out the plates of lunch, but when he came back out, some man left his cane in the way and he tripped. Then guess what happened? All the plates fell on him and then he found himself getting yelled at all the old people there.


~End Flashback~


Kurama shuttered at the thought of that day. By accident, he had bumped into a girl on the sidewalk. She dropped at his feet with no sound but her books making contact with the floor. Kurama kneeled down to help her.


"I'm so sorry, miss. I wasn't looking where I was going,"Kurama picked up a few of her books and noticed that the titles were written in Braille. He looked at her struggling to find her books."Don't mind me asking miss, but are you blind?"The girl looked up at him, but her eyes were blank.


"She is,"Kurama looked up to see a woman about her mid 20's. She had layered, black hair and dark green eyes. She knelt down to pick up the girl and smiled."Thank you for helping her Mr..."


"Oh, my name is Shuiichi Minamino. It was no problem miss..."He handed the girl the books.


"Ayumi. Caswin Ayumi. This young girl is Yakima Heiroyama. I'm taking her to the orphanage center where she lives. I work there,"the woman smiled as Yakima felt infront of her for Kurama's arm. When she had succeeded, she gently shook his hand.


"Oh. Do you need any help at the orphanage?"Kurama grinned at Yakima's innocence.


"As a matter of fact, I do. And I think Yakima has taken a liking to you, Mr. Minamino,"Yakima reached out for Kurama's hand and held onto it.


"This is great. How old is she if you don't mind me asking?"Kurama and Ms. Ayumi were walking to the orphanage center.


"She's about 13 I think. About 12 1/2,"Ms. Ayumi answered.


"And she hasn't been adopted yet?"Kurama's eyes widened.


"I know... I feel so sorry for her, myself,"Ms. Ayumi looked at Yakima."Although, you must admit that she looks too young to be a preteen."


"I know. Was she always blind?"Kurama was about one foot taller than Yakima[she's 4'11"].


"No, actually, she has been blind for only two years,"she answered.


"Really? How did she become blind?"Kurama's eyes were glued on Yakima's blank face.


"We don't know, but her mother abandoned her at our orphanage and Yakima hasn't spoken since."


"I see... She CAN talk right?"Kurama questioned.


"That's what we think, but we don't know yet,"they have arrived at the orphanage door and entered. Yakima felt the familiar scent and ran to an empty corner of the room."Here, I'll sign you in as a junior helper. What would you like to help with?"


"I'm not sure. What do you think is suitable for me?"Kurama leaned against the front desk.


"Well, since Yakima seems to like you already, why don't you work with her?"The woman smiled.


"Okay, but what do I do when I work with Yakima?"Kurama looked over to the other side of the room.


"Trace her fingers across the pages of her book and read to her, but do it slowly. She has to memorize the Braille letters and know which ones are which. You should talk to her too. Maybe she'll talk to you."


"Okay."Kurama nodded.


"Can you start now?"


"Sure, ofcourse,"Kurama walked to the other side of the room and sat down next to Yakima.


Kurama looked at the pages of the book Yakima was holding. It was titled "The Lost Boy." Kurama had never heard of it before, but he tried his best to see what it was by looking at the pictures. Yakima gracefully traced her fingers along the pages and her eyes started to water. Kurama looked down and in the picture, the boy was crying too. Kurama sighed and Yakima slightly jumped.


"It's me, Shuiichi,"Kurama didn't realize that Yakima hadn't been aware he had been there.


"..."Yakima nodded.


"Why don't you talk?"


"..."Yakima shrugged.


"What do you hear?"


"..."Yakima pointed around her.


"Can you write in English?"Kurama mentally smack himself because he knew she probably couldn't, but to his surprise...


"..."Yakima nodded.


"Would you like to talk to me in writing?"Kurama asked.


"..."Yakima made the motion of her hand writing.


"I'll get you some paper,"Kurama stood up and a moment later, he came back with a pen and paper."Here you go. Don't worry about the lines."


"..."Yakima started writing.


'Thank you'


"You're welcome Yakima. Now, tell me what you hear."


'I hear... The sound of buildings falling, the wind in the winter, and the sound of your voice.'


"Hm... Nice metaphors. You can hear playing blocks hitting the floor and the air conditioner. Very nice, Yakima. Now, tell me what you smell."


'I smell the scent of roses and the smell of pine trees.'


"Pine trees???"Kurama looked towards the door and saw Hiei."Oh. That's my friend Hiei."


'I love the forest.'


"Beautiful, Yakima. Now...What do you see?"


'I see...Darkness and light.'


"How so?"


'I see darkness because I cannot see, but I can see my memories.'


"Wow. Mind telling me one?"


'Is your friend here?'


"Uhm..."Kurama looked up.


"Koenma wants us in his office, Kurama."Hiei shifted his eyes from Kurama to Yakima.


"Uh oh..."Kurama looked at Yakimas paper.


'Who's Kurama?'


~End Chapter~


Me:hehehe...


Kurama:We're on a tight schedual.


Hiei:Hmph.


Kurama:Please R&R everyone.


Me:*Tiptoes away with sack on shoulders*


Kuwabara:HEY! MY SACK OF POTATOES!


Me:Uh Oh...RUN!!!


Kuwabara:COME BACK HERE!!!


Yusuke:*Anime Fall*


Kurama & Hiei:*Sweatdrop*