Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blinded ❯ Meeting the Spirit Detectives ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kurama, Yusake, Hiei, and Kuwabara were walking through the familiar park in the city, Keiko, Boton, and Yukina were among them. They had returned from a mission that Koenma had sent them on only hours before. It seemed to every one as though the park seemed a little to quiet, in fact the whole city seemed that way. Each person pondered over it, as though they were the only ones who had noticed the unusual and uneasy silence, afraid to say something for fear that they were wrong, and there was nothing unusual at all. The silence was eerie, warning that something was wrong.
Suddenly, as though she appeared to have come out of no where, a girl came running towards them, with her head turned, so she could see what was behind her, it looked as though she was running from someone. But who? She didn’t see the gang just feet ahead of her, and ran right into Kurama, causing them both to tumble to the ground.
“Cin, when we catch you, you’re going to be sorry.” distant voices shouted that were rapidly approaching.
“You have to help me.” begged the girl.
Kurama stood up, and the four boys formed a wall in front of her. Keeping her from sight.
“Have you seen a girl run by here?” asked one of the two guys who were after her.
“No, we haven’t.” Kurama replied, keeping a kind but gentle voice.
Hearing this, the two kept on running, convinced that they knew where she was heading, the place she would have been heading if she hadn’t run into Kurama.
“Why are those guys after you, and who are you?” Kurama asked, turning to face the girl, as well as the rest of the gang.
The girl had shoulder length flaming red hair, and the same emerald green eyes as Kurama, her clothes were torn, and looked as rags that had been used to clean a floor covered in several layers of mud and dirt. She looked about Kurama’s age, it was as though Kurama were looking at his reflection in a full length mirror.
“My names Cindy, but every one calls me Cin. I can tell that you are all Spirit Detectives so I’ll tell you that I’m a fox demon. I’m running from those guys because as a fox demon, when I was younger, my brother died, and I was left in their care, in their care not only was I a slave for work, but I was also a sex slave, and I hated it, so I decided to run, besides, I have heard many rumors that my brother is some where here in the human world. Although he doesn’t know that he had ever had a sister.” she says quietly, avoiding every one’s gaze.
“Who’s your brother?” asked Kurama, becoming a bit curious.
“Yoko Kurama.”
The gangs mouth dropped, she was standing before her brother with out even knowing it.
“Then there is something you need to see.” Kurama says quietly.
Now having the ability to transform whenever he likes, he transformed into Yoko. When all the fog had cleared, he stood there motionless before Cindy. Although he know had the power to change whenever he pleased, when he changed forms, he had no idea of what was going on, so there for he is practically clueless unless it’s in a middle of a battle.
“Who are you?” questioned Cindy.
“Yoko Kurama.” he mumbled “Who are you?” he asked his voice cold and icy as though he really didn’t care who she was.
“Cindy, your younger sister.” she said, so softly that she could barley be heard.
“Are you afraid of me?” asked Yoko.
“Yes, I am.”

*

By this time, the two boys had realized that the Spirit Detectives had tricked them, and turned around. Heading towards the detectives. It wasn’t long before they could hear the voices. Soon after they rounded the corner and saw the person that had just sealed their fate. Yoko Kurama, they had been specifically told not to let Cindy fall into there brothers arms. Seeing that it was useless to try and get her back, they quietly snuck away, knowing now that their lives would soon be over.

*

“Cindy, why are you out of breath?” asked Yoko.
“Well, when you mysteriously disappeared with out a trace, I was to young and fell into the torturous care of some evil guy, they mainly used me as a sex slave, and a couple of days ago, I tried to escape, and they sent a pair of their best spies after me. So, to put it simply, I’ve been running non-stop from them for the past two days.”
“Wow, that’s awful.” the three girls chimed at the same time.
“Yes, but I got away from them, so it really doesn’t matter now.”
As she starred at the ground panting. Yoko changed back to human form. You could feel the change in energy, but thought nothing of it. Secretly, you preferred him in this form, he wasn’t as frightening.
“Cindy, come on, we need you to meet someone.” Kurama said, startling you a bit.
“Who?” she demanded, as though you expected them to betray you.
“Well, Koenma, the Prince of Sprit World.” replied Kurama.
*Crap* she thought, putting up a mind block, since she knew Hiei was a telepath the last thing she needed was for him to read her mind, and figure out what was going on. *I’m dead. Unbeknownst to the Spirit Detectives, all though she was put in torturous care, she worked as a spy for Koenma. Over the years, she had became his best spy, and running away and running into the spirit detectives was her assignment, and she was told not to let them take her to him.*
Hiei was walking along side of Cindy, but she didn’t notice. *She’s too lost in thought* Hiei thought to himself. He tried to read her mind to see why she was so lost in thought, but there was some sort of mind block preventing him from getting in. *That’s odd, she shouldn’t be using a block unless it’s something that she doesn’t want us to know. But what is it she’s trying to hide from us?*


Converting /tmp/phpdiM6BX to /dev/stdout