Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Red Marker ❯ Chapter 1: The House ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is A Lone Blade, once again trying to find a good enough idea to complete. My CYOA fic was reported and I was kicked off for a while, but I will get it up and running again just as soon as I find the motivation.

Hope you enjoy this, its not to unique, just an idea…..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Blood RedMarker:

By: A Lone Blade

Chapter 1: The House

The long, dark hallway extended out from where the figure of a human girl sat. The hallway was about 20 yards, or what the girl thought was twenty yards. It was dimly lit by two yellow lights that tagged each other in a pool of light, leaving all else in shadows. There were four wooden doors, two on either side. Three of these doors stood ajar, while one remained firmly shut. Bright light spilled through the cracks in the rotting wood, as if taunting the girl to come out. It was a door to the outside world, yet it was forbidden. And since it was forbidden, the girl hated it.

Motionless and with her arms crossed in her lap, she just stared into the darkness, thinking. She was trying to remember, trying to bring memories she didn't have into reality. All she remembered was this dark, evil house.

Long, long ago she had somehow come to this place, or perhaps she was born here. Not even she knew. It was one of the many questions that she asked herself daily, one of the questions that she figured that she would never have an answer. She knew not her name, age, or purpose. She just simply was. Sometimes she would go mad and wreck the place, hoping to tear down the accursed black walls and for once feel sunlight and wind, breathe fresh air! At those times she was convinced that she was in hell, a hell designed specially for her. She would then sit and think what had she done to deserve this in another life?

Other times the loneliness and darkness of the place would drive her insane, and her only desire would be to die. And still, in other times, she would be driven with this need to survive and would practice, practice, practice in the skills of martial arts, hoping to get stronger and be able to beat the one other living person she ever knew, the Lord.

The Lord of the house was a wily, handsome and cruel person. He had strength beyond her knowledge, and she had felt the bitter end of his sword and fist. In all the while she had living thoughts, he had been the only other living person she knew, and she hated and feared him with all of her soul.

He only came to her end of the house once in a while, but the damage he left there was enough to last many days. He would come, call her his pet and try to force himself on her. She would resist, which would anger him. He would yell, scream and hurt her until the feeling of pain was one of the major feelings in her life.

The girl that sat on the floor was now striving to think of a way out, and as she kept on coming to dead ends her frustration grew and grew until she stood up and walked down the hallway. She kept staring ahead as she passed two doors, but stopped in her tracks as she came to the one with the light. She turned and faced the door.

I hate you. God-dammit, why the hell won't you just let me see outside? She thought fiercely at the door, there are no windows in this place; the least you could do was allow me a simple glimpse? The last thought sounded pleading in her mind, almost like begging. She frowned. She didn't like that thought, the sound of being begging or needy. With a snort of contempt, she continued her walk down the hallway. Like hell I will ask questions and beg of a door. But still, one look would be nice….

She stopped again, and glance back at the door. Damn, I hate you……

--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

The door banged open as Yusuke Urameshi made his appearance. The doors were the large, highly ordinate ones that led into Koenma's office.

"Sooo, tots, you said you wanted to see me?" He strode up to the desk with his hands shoved in his pockets.

Koenma's voice floated out from behind a large stack of papers, "Yes, I did Yusuke. But not just you, I have notified the whole team. They should be here soon."

Yusuke snorted and looked around. The yellowish room was bare except for the TV behind Koenma's desk and Koenma's desk, of course. A strange fleeting sensation flashed by him, then was reduced to nothing but a distant and hostile source of energy. Yusuke smirked and turned to the corner.

"So, Hiei, Kurama, the kid's still got you guys on a tight leash, eh?"

Out from the shadows of the corner stepped the two demons, dressed in their usual attire. Kurama gave a small smile at the sight of Yusuke, "Yes, well, he seemed to like our help in the tournament (you pick which, it will work with both) that he decided to make us stay."

"Hn." Hiei just glared in the opposite direction. The only reason he was here was that Koenma hadn't cleared his record yet, and still could throw him in spirit jail.

"Yes, well…" Koenma stepped out from behind his desk, and he looked a little nervous. "Uhh, where is Kuwabara?..." Just as was speaking a loud crash sounded through the air as the doors to the office were once again thrown open. Kuwabara came panting through, an exhausted look on his face.

"*pant pant* Sorry guys, I just got the message from Botan and…*pant* came running here!" Kuwabara said, bending over with his hands on his knees.

Yusuke was hard pressed to suppress his mirth, "HA! You mean you ran all the way here when you could have just hitched it with Botan? That's rich…" He laughed behind his hand, pointing at Kuwabara.

Kurama gave another small smile and Hiei just muttered "Fool…" And walked over to a window sill.

Kuwabara got up from the ground and looked thoroughly pissed off, "Look Urameshi….."

"STOP IT NOW!" Koenma jumped into the air with frustration. "I called you guys here for a reason! Now shut-up so I can give it to you!!" He sat down with a 'Humph' and pulled out a piece if paper, pretending not to notice the surprised looks on all but two faces. Yusuke and Kuwabara had their mouths open at the toddler, though their faces were still facing each other and fingers were still flipped in each others faces. Hiei didn't say a word, and neither did he let anything occupy his face. Kurama just looked on with interest.

"Ok, we have a rather important case for the four of you, though it shouldn't be too difficult." Koenma began.

"Hn. Then why bother me about it, why not send the detective and the idiot?" Hiei's voice grated from the window sill.

"Because, Hiei, the only way it would be easy would be if you all went and worked as a team, haven't you learned that yet?" Koenma looked as annoyed as Hiei, which was quite a feat.

"Alright, Koenma, then why don't you give us the mission?" Yusuke inquired, trying to act at least half-way interested.

"Yes, uh where was I? Oh yes, I hadn't started…" He paused and threw Hiei a dirty look, to which Hiei returned an icy glare. The young ruler quickly looked away. "The mission is as follows: find house, infiltrate house and apprehend demons." Koenma, looking satisfied, sat back in his chair and folded his hands on his chest.

Yusuke, annoyed, walked up to Koenma's desk, "Mind expanding on that, kid?"

Koenma, with a tired look, continued, "The house is more like a jail, and the demons are more like slavers. In Makai, the slavery trade is growing quite rapidly, and humans are top on the list. Of course, lower class demons are also captured." Koenma paused.

"Go on.." Yusuke prompted.

"Well, these demons you are to capture are reported to have quite a few humans enslaved in their house. You are to capture or kill the demons."

"And what are we to do with the humans?" Kurama inquired.

"This is the hard part." Koenma suddenly sighed. "It's a law of slavery that you must first break the spirit of the human before they make a good slave. These demons have invented a way that is most inhumane." Koenma reached for a remote and turned on the large TV. On the screen there came a picture of a hill covered in grass with a wooden door right in the middle.

"This is the house. It has no doors, no windows and no connection to the outside world. Inside there is little light, nothing but darkness. Reportedly, these demons breed the humans in here and raise them in here, making sure that they are completely isolated."

"What do you mean, 'hard part'? Kuwabara chimed in.

"By raising these humans like this, and only introducing them to other living beings by means of torture, the humans are raised to hate the world. They begin hating everything and fear only their own master. They are raised to become demons personal assassins."

Yusuke's face had begun to transform to grim hatred. "We have to kill them, don't we?"

Koenma sighed, "Yes, you do. They are actually reportedly good fighters, yet dangerous to others. They have killed many, demons and humans alike."

"Hn. That doesn't sound too hard." Hiei stated.

"That is sad." Kurama looked thoughtful. "Of course they must be killed. It's for there own good."

"NO!" Yusuke yelled, looking furious and slammed his fist on the desk. "I WILL NOT KILL THEM!"

"Me neither!" Kuwabara came to stand next toYusuke. "There has got to be another way! It's not their fault!"

Koenma wearily looked at the two demons, "I suspected something like this to happen. Yusuke, you must understand, these people have had no other life it would be merciful if….."

"No…no.. I REFUSE!" Yusuke trembled with anger. "You can't just go and take their lives! They could change!" Still shaking with anger, Yusuke threw the small ruler a disgusted glare and stalked out of the room, followed closely by Kuwabara.

Hiei gazed after them, smirking with contempt. Pitiful humans. Kurama half-way followed them to the door under the intention of trying to get them to understand, but stopped half way when he realized that it would do no good. Hiei and Kurama both came to stand in front of Koenma's desk.

"So what were you saying about teamwork?" Hiei looked emotionlessly at Koenma.

"This will just make the job harder for the two of you. I was afraid that this would happen. He is just so thick-headed…"

Kurama gave a small smile, "I would rather him refuse to take life rather than do it with an empty conscience."

"I guess you are right. Now, the house is in the northern most end of Makai, about twenty miles east of a place called Alaiam. I don't know how many humans are in there, just make sure you kill them all, and understand?"

"Hn"

"Quite"

"There are two doors. The northern door is the guarded one, but the southern door has a shield on it. It could mean that there is something important about that slave, but I am not sure. Sources say it hasn't been opened in a while."

Both the demons nodded their heads.

"Take your time and be careful: there have been feuds between slavers of late and I don't want you to take any notice to yourselves."

The two demons turned on their heels and walked to the door. One was feeling pity for the humans and wished to help, and the other had no pity for them at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

(A/N) Whew, that seemed long. It was kind of a crappy first chapter, but I was just eager to get the story off of its feet. I really don't plan on involving Yusuke and Kuwabara much, because it's tiring (hence why the part with koenma was scarce in detail). I don't plan on having Hiei go ooc and fall all a-flutter at first sight, so don't worry. And the girl is not a mary-sue, either.