Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Red Marker ❯ Chapter 2: Training ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, here is my second chapter....

Be warned, though, I tend to take a while to update.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Training

The steady sound of water leaking from the roof resonated off the walls, and the sound was welcome to the girl who sat in the corner next to a dark pool of water. It was dark, no light to be found. The water was about two inches deep and sat in a stilled state in a corner where two walls met in a right angle. Little drops of water fell regularly from several different places, leaking in from the roof. This was how the girl could tell if it was raining outside.

The girl was again sitting cross-legged right at the edge of the minute pool with her arms behind her head and her back against one of the walls. She titled her head to the roof, and found herself closing her eyes and imagining what it would be like out in the rain... It must feel wonderful... She sighed and settled down deeper into the ground, preparing herself for a rest.

Barely ever did she actually sleep for hours at a time for sleeping brought unpleasant dreams. The dreams were the same yet different, dark and terrifying. She would find a way out of the house only to walk straight into a hell. Because of these dreams she dozed off for a few minutes at a time regularly.

Some twenty minutes later a loud crashing noise, as is a door was being slammed shut, brought her starting out of her light slumber, her hand reaching for one of the two swords that sat at her side. Eyes wide, she peered down the hallway, her hand still on the swords hilt yet not pulling it from its resting place nor unsheathing it. She strained her ears, her heart thumping. Just then her blood turned to ice. The sound of footsteps could be distinctly heard coming towards her corner.

She swore to herself for being caught in a corner, and immediately stood up, bringing both blades with her. She quietly unsheathed them, and started to stalk down the hallway, trying to tread quietly. Maybe I will get that bastard this time... She smirked to herself as she imagined shoving her katanas straight through his gut.

Just ahead, the footsteps stopped. The girl stood still, not daring to move an inch.

"Hostile as ever, my dear..." The voice came from the darkness behind her and had a low and melodically evil ring to it. "But we enjoy hostility, do we not?"

The girl swung around in the blink of an eye but was met only with shadows. Sweat glistened down her forehead as she turned yet again the other way, this time to find herself inches from the face she hated the most. She gasped and took a step back, bringing her blades to a defensive position.

"Now now, what have I told you about those tools?" The face was that of a demon with dark purple hair and gray eyes. He had long pointed ears of a bat, and the rest of the body seemed that of a human. He smiled as he talked to reveal two sets of pearly white teeth with two fangs. He was wearing a purple turban that matched his hair and had thick, leathery feet for which he needed no shoes.

At his words, the girl spat in his face. "Bad choice, my dear.." He smiled, then seemed to fade into the darkness. Suddenly a great force hit her from behind and slammed her against the opposite wall, causing her to loose grip on her blades. After impact, she fell to the floor, landing on her hands and half on her knees. Sneering, she started to get back to her feet when another hit came, this time from the front. Only this time, it was followed by another and another. After several hits to her face and stomach, the demon began to relent. The girl fell forward again, and this time fell on her stomach.

"I will now ask you about disrespect and the use of tools." He again appeared out of the mist, not even breathing hard. Tilting her head up just a bit, the girl could see the lower legs of the demon. Ignoring the pain that raced through her body, she simply smiled menacingly at the demon, knowing full well that it wouldn't end well. She watched as the foot went back then connected with her face, sending her flipping backwards to once again hit the wall.

Only then did the girl answer, though she was still smiling. "I am to respect that who I fear, and I am to never raise a tool against him." Her voice had a sort of sad yet strong melody to it.

The demon stared at her while the girl smiled back, though the playful expression on her lips never reached her eyes. She knew that smiling threw them off, for it showed that she wasn't afraid, even though she was. She was deathly afraid.

The demon cocked his head, then proceeded to smile back. "Heh, you are a strange one. And strong, too." The demon walked closer and roughly hauled the girl off the floor, bringing her to her feet. "No matter, though."

The demon began pacing around the girl, looking her up and down as if sizing her up.

"How long have you been here? I forget..."

The girl glared at him.

"Ah, yes. You are one of the ones who were born here, am I correct?"

The girl hid her surprise. She hadnt known that. "Normally, those bred here in captivity have proven to reach their standing point along time ago. You on the other hand, still refuse. You must have an amazing mind…." His eyes became dazed as he stared at her, and she suddenly felt as if there was another presence in your mind. Trying not to panic, she quickly thought of a thick concrete wall surrounding her thoughts.

The demon snapped out of his daze in an instant, then looked back at the girl with his head cocked. "Yes, a truly amazing and strong mind. Now you see my dear, we have an interested buyer for once. He is a very important demon, and I wont trouble you with his name. Just know that it is an honor to serve him."

Her gazed remained impassive but her voice dripped venom, "I do not serve anyone. Whoever he is, both you and him can go to hell."

The demon narrowed his eyes, then grabbed the girls neck with one fist before she could react. Bringing his face close to hers, she could smell the acrid stink of raw meat on his breath. "That is exactly why you have been here so long. We must break that spirit of yours."

As he said this, two figures stepped out from behind him. One was large and grotesque while the other was small and lithe. The demon released her, and stepped back so he was in line with the two figures.

"I am going to show you that everyone is your enemy. The only thing they bring you is pain. The only thing you are to do is kill them without mercy. Though," He chuckled slightly, "You wont be likely to kill these two." He gestured with his arms, bidding the two step were she could see them.

One, the large one, was obviously a demon. His face was a leathery brown and his head had sprouted two curved horns that grew with short green hair. Two huge lower canines were sticking out of his lip, dried blood on them. His waist was large with sinewy muscle, as were his arms and legs. He wore leggings that were a darker brown than his skin. The first demon, the one who had originally came, stated, "A demon."

Then the next figure steppe forward, and the girl gasped to see the figure of a man. He had what looked to be a business suit on with short-cut black hair and large expensive glasses. He wore slacks and shiny black business shoes. He was grinning rather evilly. The first demon again made a statement, "And a human. These two will begin your training." He turned his back to the girl, and made for the darkness of the open hallway. "You two, be sure that she hates you in less than a week. We don't have much time to spare."

The two smiled, than turned to face the girl. The demon cracked his knuckles, and the human fished in his suit for a while before pulling out a dagger. The girl backed into a corner in horror as they advanced, while both had a maniacal grin on their face…

_______________________________________________________________ _____

Well, that is all I feel like typing for now, so, please review!