Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Red Marker ❯ Chapter 3: Evil Laughter ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Chapter 3- Evil Laughter

Two days since the meeting with Koemna found Hiei and Kurama in Makai. Botan had led them to the same portal where Yusuke and Kuwabara had jumped in to defeat the Four Saint Beasts. With a few quick words and last minute instructions, the two demons had jumped into the portal.

They had landed gracefully and lightly on top of a hill that over looked a vile looking city that seemed to reek with a black aura. Kurama turned away from the city, and Hiei followed his lead.

"We must travel northward for around 300 miles, till we reach Alaiam. Then it is 20 miles east." The red head stopped and looked at the rolling plains of yellow hills topped with a purple sky. The fire demon stepped up next to him, and he too looked over the scenery.

"You think that Koenma could have at least found a closer portal." He spat this out with contempt.

Kurama looked over at his friend with a small smile. "We have a rather gruesome job. We had better complete it quickly."

"Hn"

Kurama gave a slightly larger smile, then sighed and rested his chin against his chest with his eyes closed. "I must say that I have become quite against the killing of humans."

Hiei snorted. "It's not like these are regular humans anymore. They probably don't even know what or who they are." Kurama gave the fire demon a sideways glance. "Trust me, Kurama, I've seen this house. I was once interested in one of that slaver's assassins. They had a good reputation." The demon paused, and then sneered as if remembering something foul. "I found the ningen horribly lacking. It would have been easier if I had killed the target myself."

Kurama paused and let the words sink in. Then he took a few steps forward, and said over his shoulder, "Then you should know the way, right? And perhaps I will let you do the killing…"

Hiei stood his ground as Kurama kept walking; he was staring at the kitsune. "No matter." He grunted, and then disappeared in a flash of black. Ahead of him, Kurama also disappeared in a flash of red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

The girl huddled into the corner as far as she could go. It had been two days since the Lord had set her shadows on her, two horrible days. They had in fact become her shadows. Everywhere she went, though it was never far due to the confines of the house, the human and the demon followed, giving her grief, pain and misery. Both the demon and the human had beaten on her, tried to kill or even rape her. Anything they could think of, they did.

Meanwhile, the girls mind was spinning. Why? Why was she to hate these two creatures? Wouldn't hating them only bring more pain? What was the Lord getting at here? Why won't they leave me alone?

She had found barely any answers to her questions. She had hoped that her first meeting with another human would be a happy moment and with somebody long forgotten and loved out of her past. But this human was nothing like that. All he enjoyed was the sight of blood spilling down her side and onto the ground. Are all humans like this? She asked herself.

She shifted positions in the corner, her eyes wide as she swept the open area in front of her. The movement brought pain due to the many cuts and bruises she had received in her various confrontations. Strangely, though, she didn't feel sad. The words of the Lord kept spinning through her head `Oh right, you were one of the ones bred here, weren't you?'

If what he said was true, then she had no past other than this dreary dark house. If this was true, then she had never seen the outside world. She had supposed she had forgotten the bite of wind on her face, but she had truly never felt it.

The pattering sound of footsteps in the far side of the hallway brought her halfway to her feet, ready to flee at any sudden movement. In front of her, she could see the shape of the demon. She cautiously moved from the corner, hoping that she could sneak by the demon without being noticed. She knew she had made a mistake the split second before she felt the piercing pain of metal in her back. It came through her right shoulder, almost making her cry out in pain. She refused to scream, though. The dagger was pulled out and she turned to face the human. The human held the bloody dagger in his right hand, bringing it up to his mouth to lick the blade.

"Heh heh, pretty girl, you taste more sour every day. Is something ailing you?" Snarling, you jump back so that your back is against the wall. The demon, who had been acting as a decoy, came to stand next to the human. They both began to advance, a murderous glint in their eyes. Shit, they are really going to kill me this time… The girl reached behind her to where her two katanas had been kept, bringing them out to face the demons.

Even as she tried to concentrate on the fighting, her thoughts kept coming back. If I was bred here, then I have no life. Then there is nothing for me to really live for. Her eyes grew large at this thought and with what she thought was understanding. Suddenly, an unbidden thought traveled across her mind. I live to kill these two. They are the source of my pain. They deserve to die. Everything like them deserves to die. Anger, unbidden anger began to course through her veins, washing away all thoughts of sunlight, wind and the feel of rain. Everybody must be like them. They must be… The girl bent her mind for some other reason, and her heart seemed to scream aloud as the anger over took it to. She concentrated on one thought, the thought of her anger blazing in a hot black and grey flame in her soul. She bent herself around the flame, molding herself to its will. It wanted to kill. My anger.. The girl chuckled to herself. MY anger is free. She opened her eyes to find her blades covered with the same kind of fire. It was grey in the middle, but the tips seemed to burn with blackness. Her gazed rose to the two creatures standing in front of her. Her heart soared at their look of fear.

Without any thoughts to her wounds and ailments, she attacked. It didn't take long. Ten cuts each and both bodies burst into dark flame then fell withering and screaming to the floor. It had all happened in what you might call a blink of an eye. Elating in the screams of her victims, the girl turned around and hacked and the bodies as many times as she could. She smiled the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a room light by sunlight, the Lord stood at the window of his room. His thoughts were of profits and his slaves, always trying to think of new ways to make more lethal assassins. His latest project had been rather stubborn.

Suddenly a knock on the oak door to his room rang through the air. Angry at being disturbed, the demon snarled for the person to enter. Through the door stepped a human with demon horns.

"My lord..." His voice was thin and raspy

"What?" The Lord's voice was harsh, making the servant flinch.

"My lord, she has finally cracked. She killed the human and demon you set on her."

A smile split across the Lord's face. It had taken a long time, but he had finally broken her. "Good good, now we can begin the second part of her training. Bring a mirror down to the south end of the house and wait for me at the door to her hallway." The Lord turned on his heels, his coat swishing out to follow him. And so the next leg of training begins. He stopped as he felt a sudden flare of energy from the girl's hallway. This slave will make me rich…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Oh darn, that's were im ending it. What mistake is the Lord making, you will have to read and find out. Oh yeah, this isn't going to be one of those fics where Hiei charges in and saves the girl and falls in love with her at first glance, (didn't I already say that?) And if you cant tell by now, there are going to be some conflicts between the two.

Next Chapter- The Mirror. YEAH! We finally get to see what the girl looks like!!