Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blossom in the Wind ❯ Blossom in the Wind ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Blossom in the Wind
Chapter 1
 
Listening to the lecture a red head quietly took notes when the lecture room door opened and a woman walked in. Everyone's eyes are on the beautiful 5'6 tall ember haired teen whose hair was cut just above her shoulders and seemed to stun the professor with her eyes as she walked up to him.
“Yeah, I was transferred from my other school and…yeah…” she told the professor in a carefree and yet lazy voice as she ran her hand through her hair and looked at the ceiling.
“May I ask what reason you transferred, Ms. Manasha?” the professor asked as he read her transcript.
“Sure…I was involved with a lot of fights,” she answered like it was no big deal which stunned everyone except three students within the other rows of desks.
“Well…” the professor looked at little rattled at learning the reason for being transferred.
“Oh, they also thought I was too smart to be in that college anymore.”
“Well, you can sit by Mr. Urameshi,” as he pointed to Yusuke with his black hair slicked back.
Natashi just shrugged and walked up the row Yusuke was sitting in. She flopped into the chair and immediately went to sleep. The professor didn't like that because her calling on her every other person to do a problem and she got every single one right. When the professor finally released them the professor was very angry and Natashi was immediately introduced to two out of the three bad boys in the school; Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Hiei.
The red head watched as his friends talk to the new student. He wasn't quite sure what to make of the teen as of yet, sure she was smart and a tomboy but other than that he had no idea.
“Kurama! Come on over!” Yusuke yelled.
Kurama just smiled and shook his head before leaving the class but not before he saw Natashi's breathe taking hazel eyes.
 
Natashi in the library typing up a paper on her laptop as she listened to her ipod when Hiei suddenly sat beside her. With a brief glance of acknowledgement she continued to type. After about an hour she glanced at her watch and decided it was time to leave for her dorm room. Packing up her things into her satchel and walking towards the door she was surprised to find Hiei follow her. She sighed as she realized, like at all her other schools, was that some boy would instantly believe that they were her guardian or something.
Almost as soon as she left the library she found herself surrounded by a gang of teens. Natashi tensed when several blocked Hiei from her before she snapped when two tried to grab her. Throwing her satchel into the air she surprised them with accurately taking a few out with punch or kick but not going unharmed. She received a split lip, a black eye, and several bruises to her body.
 
Kurama walked up to the boy's dorm and was surprised to find Natashi sitting on the porch with an ice pack over her eye. She looked at him with her good eye and said, “Hiei said you should be the person I see for these wounds.”
“What happened to you?” Kurama asked as he came over to her.
“Some guys thought I was an easy target for a gang bang but I proved them wrong,” as she lowered the ice pack from her eye. “They didn't know I'm the World Champion of the Ninjitsu Tournament.”
“Is this what you meant by too many fights?” as he examined her split lip.
“Sort of, most of the time I was defending a nerd or someone weaker.”
Kurama sighed and had her place the ice pack on her eye again, “I'll be right back,” before going to his dorm room. He came back down he found Natashi had set the ice pack down and was looking at the sky. He was about to scowl her until he noticed a faint scar running down the curve of the left side of her face close to her ear. When he reached out to touch it he startled her.
Natashi sat silently as he touched the scar with almost sad and ashamed eyes.
“Where did you get this one?” as still ran his fingers on the scar. “You would have to be laying still for someone to cut you with a knife like this.”
She looked away almost ashamed and sighed, “That's because I was…”
“What?”
“It's not a fight wound, that's all you need to know… are you going to help me?”
Silently Kurama began to fix her up.
It turned out the Natashi was a very loveable and low maintains except when it came to cars or her precious electronics. She turned out to be a better fighter than Yusuke and Kuwabara but not Hiei. They also found out she was once a pop star in America but she gave it up to be with family in Japan and to continue her education.
“Do you guys want to see my old pop star closet?” she asked the group of boys as they sat at lunch when the break drew closer.
“Yeah…wait I promised my girlfriend I would spend the break with her,” Yusuke told her.
“I'll bring pictures back don't worry.”
“I have to visit my sister,” Kuwabara answered.
“What about you two, Kurama, Hiei?” Natashi asked.
“I have nothing better to do,” Hiei stated bored.
“I'm not sure; I'm suppose to visit my mother…”
“I live about two hours from the school I could give you a lift.”
“Where do you live?”
“Maybe this will jog your memory…” she cleared her voice and answered in a childish voice, “I just wanted a taste!”
“No way!” Kurama stared at her amazed, “I've been hanging out with my neighborhood bully and I didn't even know it.”
Natashi laughed as others looked at them, “That's me alright. I thought when we met in class you recognized me but I guess not.”
“You were the bully?” Kuwabara asked.
“It wasn't intentionally,” she told them, “I just didn't know my own strength and I was never into what other girls were into since my mother died after I was born.”
“My mom is going to get a kick out of this,” Kurama mumbled.