Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Breakin In ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own

If you did not read part one (The Two Nightmares) DO NOT READ THIS!!! I repeat DO NOT READ!!!! It will make absolutely NO SENSE!! But if you like being as confused as hell, feel free to read and leave a review.

FLAMES ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

-singing water

-Chapter 1-

When the detectives stepped out of the portal they had entered a part of the Makai that they didn't recognized. It looked like something you would see in a catalogue advertising a mountain vacation! Wide open fields with dark red flowers sprinkled about. The only thing that gave it away as the Makai was the purple and black sky.

Kuwabara ran full speed toward the fields. Suddenly Ajo grabbed his arm and dragged him back. "Do not enter the field." Ajo hissed.

"Why their harmless little flowers." Yusuke said kneeling next to one. Suddenly the flower lunged at him, revealing long pointed teeth and taking a hefty bite out of Yusuke ankle. Yusuke shouted and jumped away from the killer plants.

"What are those things!!?" Kuwabara yelled, realizing that Ajo had saved him from doom.

"They're called Bokobas. They eat everything that wanders into their field." Kurama answered.

"Sometimes prisoners are thrown into their fields as execution or to get them to confess to their crimes." Hiei added. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked sickened at the thought.

"That's why all the flowers are blood red." Raye agreed. "They live off of blood of who ever enters the field."

"The shortest way to Paradise is through them." Ajo said. "But I'm pretty sure no one wants to get eaten so we'll have to cut through the forest."

Ajo gestured toward a dark green clump of trees. The detectives looked at it warily. It looked like one of the forests you see in horror films.

"Ummmm…. Are you sure its safer than the bokobas?" Kuwabara asked. He didn't like horror stories and seeing one come to life….

"Pretty sure." Raye said. "If you do want to go through the flowers you can catch up to us later." She headed toward the forest with the other detectives close behind. Kuwa stood there deciding which he wanted to face.

"Psycho flowers or ghosts." He took one step toward the plants and the all turned and bared their teeth at him. "Nevermind." He turned and ran toward the others.

"WAITT FOOORRR MMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

- - - - -

"Do you think he'll come?" Kurama asked. Looking over his shoulder at the indecisive Kuwabara.

"I'm pretty sure he's not stupid enough to get eaten." Raye replied.

"One question Ajo." Yusuke said catching up to the tiger. "Were those flowers there before?"

Ajo's eyes blanked at the question. He looked like he was thinking about how to answer it. Finally he said. "Last time I was here the flowers grew in the castle."

Yusuke was about to ask him another question, but one look at Ajo's face told him to be quiet and not ask any questions. All of them turned to footsteps approaching them, fast. The footsteps were no threat, just Kuwabara running full speed towards them.

"Changed you mind baka?" Hiei asked. "We knew you were stupid but when you didn't come we were sure you got eaten by the bokobas."

"Shut up midget, I just don't want ghosts to get me."

"Your afraid of ghosts?" Yusuke said disbelievingly.

"Then you might want to be careful." Raye said looking at Ajo will a mischievous smile on her face.

Ajo finished her sentence. "After all we ARE going into the Haunted Woods."

- - - - -

Singing water: good, bad, terrible? Please tell me what you think of my story.

Muse #676: What she's trying to say is r&r

Singing water: Muse #676 do you know what happened to the other 675 of you?

Muse #676: No

Singing water: If you don't want to find out don't contradict me! And yes read and review FLAMES ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!