Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Breakin In ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I want it! I want it! I WANT IT!!!!!!!! But I cant have it ;_;

-Chapter 2-

"The- the Haunted Woods.." Kuwabara stuttered. "Why are the called the H-Haunted Woods?"

"Let me think about that…" Raye said sarcastically. "Maybe because their haunted? Yeah that would make sense wouldn't it?"

The detectives rolled their eyes at her. Sarcastic, always sarcastic, especially when annoyed by the baka.

Kurama sighed. "The woods are known as the Haunted Woods because the ghosts of people who were killed here remain here."

"And why were people killed here?" Yusuke asked.

"Because, once you're in the woods, no one outside of it can hear you scream." Ajo said indifferently. All the detectives paled.

"So-o if we die or get hurt p-people can't hear us?" Kuwabara said nervously.

"That's how the story goes." Ajo answered. "Anyway we're here."

The trees were tall and dark and looked very old. Spanish moss hanging from all, if not most of their branches. There was a light fog covering the trees and the ground in the forest. Strangely, the fog never seemed to leave the forest.

Ajo looked at the trees and then turned to the detectives. All of them were as pale as sheets. "You have got to be kidding me. You all look like your about to shit your pants, and if this scares you there is no way in hell you'll survive the castle."

Ajo turned and headed into the woods. Raye and the other detectives soon followed one by one. Kuwabara stood by himself one the edge of the forest.

"Is it to late to change my mind?" He mumbled to himself before he followed them.

- - - - -

As they got deeper into the woods, the fog got thicker. And the branches looked like long broken fingers trying to grab them. Kuwabara looked like given the chance he would run out the forest screaming like a baby.

"Whats wrong Kuwa. Afraid of a little fog?" Raye mocked.

"No, I just…." He stuttered.

"Just what?" Hiei asked. He was getting nervous himself. There were strange energies in the forest. And he couldn't figure them out.

"I don't like this forest like this they remind me of a movie I saw!" Kuwabara yelled.

"A movie?" Kurama said disbelievingly. "You should know by now that almost everything in movies is fake Kuwabara."

"To stupid to figure that out." Hiei said shaking his head. Before Kuwa could come up with a good come back a voice from under the fog snapped at them.

"Can you be any louder!" Everyone jumped.

"Okay, maybe the woods are haunted." Yusuke said, nervously.

"They aren't called the Haunted Woods for nothing." Raye responded. Her voice was steady, but her eyes darted around the place.

All of them got their weapons ready and pointed them at the spot were the voice was coming from.

Ajo stood up. He looked at all of them. "Ok, I'm pretty sure that you guys have no reason to kill me." The detectives relaxed.

"We thought you were a ghost." Yusuke answered.

"A ghost? You thought I was a ghost?" Ajo said eyes widening.

"Yeah." Raye said nothing but continued to stare at her friend. Something was right. She started scanning him. She noticed one thing different about him.

- - - - -

Cliffy!!!!

Does my other fic suck that bad? If you get the chance please review that one too!

R&R