Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Breakin In ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Never have, never will

-Chapter 3-

"You're not Ajo." Raye said as she unsheathed her sword. All the detectives looked at her.

"Yeah, I am." He replied.

"Ajo has red eyes." Raye answered. "Both his eyes are red!" With that she lunged at the fake Ajo pinning him to the ground sword at his throat.

"Where is my friend." She hissed. The fake Ajo's eyes went wide, the detectives noticed that one eye was red (remember one of Ajo's eyes is hidden by his hair) and the other was light blue.

"H-he's." He stuttered.

"He's where." Raye snapped putting the sword closer to his throat.

"Behind that tree. He's ties to it by a Lagasa rope!" He shouted.

"Go check." Raye said looking over her shoulder. "If he is there bring the rope as well." The detectives immediately went to check. Ajo was tied to the tree. Unconscious, bruised and his sprit energy was dropping quickly. They untied him and dragged him back to the path.

"Good you weren't lying." Raye said. Before he could ask for his freedom Raye killed him.

"Was that necessary?" Kurama asked.

"Yeah." She said as she got up.

They all watched as the body disappeared in a puff of blue green smoke. "He was a ghost. He probably wanted to die anyway so he could get out of this damn forest."

"How did you know?" Kuwabara asked.

"One, no one lives in this forest except ghosts, two, all ghosts can take on other appearance but they will always have one sky blue eye." A moan disrupted their lesson on ghosts.

"Ajo." Raye ran over to Yusuke who was carrying him. Yusuke put Ajo down and Raye started checking for injuries. "He'll be ok. We just will have to stay here tonight."

"Here? As in right here?" Kuwabara said. "As in a place where a ghost already attacked us?"

"Yes. Here." Hiei snapped. "Can you please stop complaining about the ghosts scardy cat!"

"Scardy cat? Where did you learn that Hiei?" Kurama asked smiling slightly.

"Ummm…."

- - - - -

After they all set up camp they were just hanging around. They had nothing else to do.

"So why don't you tell us what you know about Lazu's security?" Raye said attempting to start a conversation.

"BoneCrusher, Haya, and many lesser but powerful demons." Hiei answered simply. Before Raye could push the subject any further Kuwabara cut her off by saying.

"What's does that rope have to do with anything?"

Raye looked irritated. She had gotten close to finding out exactly how much the detectives know. "The rope is made of a certain sprit energy that few demons have. It's very rare and there for very expensive. If we need money we can sell it."

"Why did Ajo look half dead when we found him?" Yusuke added.

"The rope has the ability to drain demon energy, the longer the demons tied the lower the demon's energy goes."

"And the bruises?" Kurama asked.

"If I knew I'd tell ya. Ajo doesn't trip often so I think he was attacked by a ghost." Raye looked at them all.

"So you have no idea what the hell happened." Hiei said.

"Pretty much. That's my theory." A moan got there attention.

"Ow, I feel like I was hit with a few fifteen ton trailers." Ajo said slowly sitting up and rubbing his head.

"Stay down tiger, you need rest so we can leave this forest ASAP." Raye told him.

"I'm fine, look" Ajo attempted to stand before he fell. "Ow. ow. ow. Ok maybe not." He added with a sheepish grin on his face.

The other detectives laughed at Ajo's expression. They all agreed to who would keep watch and how long each watch would be after they stopped laughing.

They all said there different forms of good night before heading to sleep. They left Hiei with first watch, Yusuke next, and then Raye, Kurama, last was Kuwabara. Mainly because Raye was pretty convinced that if he even saw a ghost in the middle of the night he would take off.

So that left Hiei scouting the forest for danger.

- - - - -

R&R