Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Buying into Insanity ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: “Um, You're not hot water.”
ZAP!
"What kind of shower makes a 'zap' sound?" Iris asked the pictures on her wall, but none of them deigned to answer the query. She padded into her bathroom, bathrobe loosely knotted at her middle. Nothing she'd ever learned in this ningen city had prepared her for the two men now standing confusedly in her shower.
"Um. . . ok. This bathroom is weird. I turn on the hot shower water and two attractive men appear instead of water. They should've mentioned that in my contract for this place." She muttered, not noticing that her robe was partially open or that the men were still standing in her shower.
The taller one cleared his throat and Iris' head snapped up. "Yeah. Who are you and where's my hot water?"
Again, the taller one took the initiative, stepping out of the shower, "we're sorry. I'm not sure where your hot water is, but I'm not sure how we got here instead."
"I do!" Iris cried. "Apparently, my shower has some kind of demonic portal inside of it, which, of course, means that I'll be taking all my showers downstairs from now on, but that's beside the point. You," she pointed at the smaller one, "are still in my shower. Come, let's adjourn to a more conversationally suitable area"
She motioned to them and she walked out of the bathroom and down a nearby flight of stairs that opened to a comfortable living area. As they sat, the taller boy spoke again. "My name is Shuichi Minamino and this is my friend, Hiei." he said, hoping for an introduction.
"Nice to meet you.” a long pause ensued before Iris figured out that the pair wished to know her name. "Oh! My name is---- well, really long, so just call me Iris."
“Iris. Hmm…That's a very pretty name.”
“That's neither here nor there. Anyway, Welcome!” Iris Grinned.
“Um, Could you tell us where we are? “
“Oh sure!” Iris said, perking up even further. “You're at my house!”
“Could you possibly tell me where we are, exactly? Other than at your house, I mean.” Shuichi sweatdropped.
“Kyoto,” she replied, squinting at the one called Hiei. “You're quiet, you must be claustrophobic.”
Shuichi blinked. “Claustrophobic? He's scared of tight spaces?”
Iris smiled at him. “No, silly! He's scared of clusters of people!”
“That's agoraphobia, I believe.”
Oh no, you mean angoraphobia. And that's the fear of goat fur.” She paused. “Or was it sheep fur?”
Just as Shuichi was about to get frustrated, Iris grinned. “Wow! I can't believe that I kept that going for that long! I think I'm getting better! I didn't even laugh that time.”
Shuichi paled slightly. “You mean you—“
“Played a dirty, naughty, wicked trick on poor, sweet you!” She grinned. “You'd be amazed at how quickly people get frustrated with the small-mindedness of others.”
“I believe I could tell you much on that subject.”
“Oh really? I'm working on a psychology study on just how far a person's patience can be stretched with just verbal communication. If you'd care to talk about your experiences….”
Shuichi was about to do just that when Hiei grabbed Suichi's sleeve. “Fox. Leave. Bakas. Now!”
Shuichi straightened. “Yes, well. Another time perhaps. We must be leaving; there are some people we left behind.”
Iris nodded. “I have a shower to figure out; unless of course, you'd like me to leave it so you can visit it you want.”
Shuichi smiled. “I'm sure we'll see each other again.”
They were led out of the house and given vague directions and then Iris found a working shower while the boys headed home.
As she lay in bed, writing down her findings that night, she mused about all that she had learned from those two cute boys that had mysteriously appeared in her home today. Well, I know one thing; she thought to herself before slipping off to dreamland, I'm sure glad I rented this place. Things will surely be interesting from here on.
 
 
 
Stay Tuned for the Next Chapter! ~Icey