Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Captured by a Rose ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18
 
//Damn soul reaper// Hiei cursed under his breath. Still clad in the pink kimono Botan dressed him in; he perched behind her on the back of her oar high in the evening sky. Flicking his wrist out from under its sleeve, black demon fire sparked in his fingers.
 
“And what was that?” Botan asked, glancing behind sharply at Hiei.
 
“Hmph,” he spat, pulling back his hand. Reddish flames burned in his tiny irises, each a pinpoint of rage. Shutting them, his lips curled to a subtle yet menacing grin.
 
“We're almost at Genkai's,” Botan continued, ignoring him. They left behind the landscape of city lights over forests and mountains, showered beneath silver moonlight.
 
 
“Suzaku-san, this will stop.” Though still shackled by lightning magic, Kurama stood up firmly, his voice still and even. The keen observer he was, Kurama learned quickly any trace of emotion merely betrayed his weakness, thus suddenly changing behavior.
 
//How interesting. Not the simple beauty I thought// Suzaku too shifted in demeanor, realizing Kurama's tactics.
 
“I take it you'll obey me,” stated Suzaku plainly, a cold undertone laced in his calculating voice.
 
The kitsune merely nodded, his emerald irises fixed steadily on Suzaku. Underneath that guise deep reflections stirred /My love for Yusuke is born from the compassion I gained as a human, Suzaku fails to know//
 
Upon the youkai lord snapping his pale fingers, the lightning cast snare he cast on Kurama instantly fizzled. No movement from Kurama when it did, only his attentive gaze watching back.
 
“This way.” Suzaku gestured, taking the last step off his throne, bangles by his feet jingling pleasantly as he moved. An inner twitch that shook in his walk betrayed his latent wrath. //My lovely guest, I welcome you to my abode, this is how you treat me, you'll pay dearly, I swear//
 
Kurama clearly saw this. Beneath his observant exterior, he smiled inwardly. //His reaction is good. He may have power, but I have patience//
 
 
Back in the human world at Genkai's, Yusuke lay out at the veranda gazing at the sky. It twinkled like a blanket of millions of tiny diamonds the gods might of scattered in heaven. Each star nearer to the moon seemed to brighten in every sparkle. Only the moon's silver aura washed out her celestial jewels.
 
“Kurama…” Yusuke murmured, making a fist toward the sky above. “I swear I'll kick his ass.”
 
 
In the Makai world, lavish furniture adorned Suzaku's chambers. Silken sheets drapped over his low gilded wood frame bed. Candlelight flickered off white stucco walls painted with scenes that glorified Suzaku's princely rule. Lavender incense clung to the air from the burners placed throughout. Suzaku's pale arm swept aside partly transparent curtains that hung in the vaulted entryway to his room.
 
Kurama gasped at the splendors he saw present: a large circular mirror framed in bronze above his dresser, the delicate table and chairs cast in fine metalwork, topped by the fragile china drinking set table's surface above. A bottle of red wine lay in the middle waiting for a couple's potential merriment. But this was not to be, at least to the kitsune's feigned pleasure.
 
Suzaku believed it was true, or he wanted to, seeing Kurama's thin smile as the firelight flickered in his irises. So greatly Kurama convinced Suzaku that he felt it was real, forgetting all acts on Kurama's clever part.
 
“Let's drink,” Kurama said modestly, gesturing to the chairs on either side of the table.
 
Nodding ardently, Suzaku hurried ahead too eager to think twice. Before the kitsune took his own seat he offered, “Let me” pouring wine into both of their porcelain cups. Kurama turned around filling his cup second. Smirking, Suzaku slipped powder from a vial of sleeping potion from his clothes. Thinking Kurama never noticed he stood up striding towards the kitsune.
 
Gesturing back for him to sit down, Suzaku took the side originally meant for Kurama, with the cup lacking the powdered solution. Pretending he never saw, Kurama casually settled in the seat Suzaku first occupied. The solution itself was tasteless, odorless, and colorless, perfect for sedating a victim to be assaulted unconscious. Yes, Suzaku might go that far not having experienced love like Kurama did from his human mother, Shiori.
 
Given the kitsune's acute senses even in human form, the magenta haired beauty noted odd scuffling sounds when his back was turned to Suzaku. Taking precautions, he buried a demon seed in the flesh of his left wrist. If any hidden magic or attack took effect the demon seed could absorb it, sending out from Kurama's body through plants that grew out his body.
 
With absolute self-control, Kurama suppressed all painful hints portraying a mild countenance.
 
“Please, try it first,” said the youkai lord deviously. He crossed one slender leg over the other under the table, extending one arm towards Kurama, while resting his chin on the other.
 
“I've come to appreciate your hospitality, but still…” Turning his lovely gaze downcast, Kurama acted humbly, at least in his outer guise.
 
A deceptive smile rose on Suzaku's coral lips. “Of course, go ahead, Kurama.”
 
“Well, since his lordship insists,” replied the kitsune playfully. He started to enjoy this game he almost forgot about the lingering danger. Cunning like other fox spirits his age, he knew how to enjoy himself and implement his plans at once. “I will.”
 
Flicking of his free unmarred wrist, Kurama raised his cup. The eyes of his fox spirit peered out behind his human eyes over the rim of the cup. Lifting it ever slightly, Kurama's darting tongue tasted the first sweet sip of wine.
 
Rest assured his plan worked the youkai lord drank too. It didn't take long until the alcohol's effect kicked in. Feeling tipsy, Suzaku laughed, his cheeks flushed with pink. Of course underneath the gaiety lurked Suzaku's deep-seated desires. Unrestrained lust, ambitions to conquer the humans, visceral hate for Koenma all lay inside, right behind that forced almost genuine smile.
 
Immediately, Kurama felt some dizziness spread over. The demon seed in his wrist reacted instantly, drawing in the solution dissolved in his blood. Feeling his mind start to clear, he thought, Just as I suspected, Suzaku. You're still the same as you were 700 years ago when I lived as Youko the Thief.
 
Remaining composed, Kurama hinted at no change in his demeanor projected out. Inside, however, he controlled the demon seed's growth, allowing its sprouting stalk to break through his perfect smooth skin. Growing out, it tore away at his flesh from cruel thorns poking out of the stalk. Nourished by blood and the solution, the vine like plant coiled on the floor, growing teeth in one of its blossoms. Beautiful on the outside, the blossom clamped its jaws, lined with razor sharp teeth as Kurama mentally maneuvered the plant over to Suzaku's unsuspecting feet.
 
Opening its mouth, the man-eating blossom slowly bit into the flesh of Suzaku's left ankle, so subtly he didn't even feel it. All the sleeping poison Kurama absorbed went right in Suzaku's blood carried through his arteries and vains.
 
Realizing what happened, Suzaku's eyes went wide and jaw dropped as he silently screamed in pain.
 
TBC
 
A/N: I haven't updated this for a while, but I hope it was in char enough. It seems my writing has improved since I last updated, at least I hope. Bad? Good? Okay? Thanks for reading!