Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Catching Me A Fire Youkai! ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Turin: The thanks I get… calling this fic homophobic… dang it. Call it what you will.

Hiei: Homophobe!

Turin: Wanna have a kissing scene, oniichan?

Hiei: ~.~

Kurama: arf! Arf! *v*

Turin: oh, Ladylove won the contest (by default). The only entry! n.n Kindly check out my fan art in "mediaminer.org" look for Turin under fanart section. Hehe. Shonen-ai goodies from my soon to be uploaded original series. Oh, and please, leave me a note. n.n purr…

Hiei: you call this a homophobic fic?! Then I don't ever wanna be in a yaoi fic!

Kurama: for Turin-chan's next project, how about an R-18 remix of Yuyu Hakusho? All in favor of it, say 'Aye!'

<Hiei glares at everyone in the room… but because of the sheer immensity of his orbs, had to blink for a second, a second which was enough for everyone to raise their hands and put it down again in a mock-expression of innocence>

Part 4

Where Tangles are Smoothed Out and Knots are Untied

The Conclusion???

By Turin

Mukuro did the rounds that day, personally inspecting every nook and cranny of her enormous organic castle. Finally, after a few hours, she nodded her assent to the foot soldier kowtowing before her. The youkai hastily retreated, glad to be gone with his life (and limbs) still intact.

She stretched her bionic limbs and eased her back on the swivel chair. A twinkle of amusement glittered in her eyes.

She was thinking of her protégée, Hiei.

One problem about youkais is they're horribly regionalistic. So with Kurama from Yomi's side, Hiei from my side, I'll have 2/3 of Makai… so its just time before we conquer those psychotic monks!

Now, all she had to do was make sure that Hiei become accustomed to Kurama as a potential lover. She looked at Hiei sulking across the table, arms crossed and looking really pissed off.

Well… that's easier said than done…

She cleared her throat before she addressed Yomi and Kurama sitting across the round table. As usual, Yomi was his silent self, but the youko turned ningen was more unreadable than usual.

"You all know the reason for this meeting. And it's to clear up Youko Kurama's name." Hiei's eyes turned even bigger as he started to object, but was silenced by the most deadly glare Mukuro ever gifted him. He sank back to his seat, muttering. "What my second-in-command did was unforgivable. But I am prepared to rectify that error. I want to ask you, Yomi, for Kurama's hand in marriage."

"What????!!" Hiei couldn't stop his yelp this time. Heck, even Kurama's eyes widened. "Marriage???!!! Are you crazy?!! He's not even a girl?!"

Still, Mukuro remained unperturbed. "Since when was that an issue here? You've been hanging around in Ningenkai for damn very long. But your opinion really doesn't count. What do you say, Yomi?"

The ruler of Gandara pondered Mukuro's proposal for a while, nodding silently as he did so. He stifled the memory of affection that fluttered in his heart, but he wasn't the emotional youkai of a thousand years ago. He was a politician now, and reason preceded emotions. If Mukuro's and his realms united, Raizen's territory will be theirs in no time.

"I accept."

"What the hell?!" Hiei's brows furrowed as he watched the two rulers bargain him away. Kurama remained silent as Yomi and Mukuro put the agreement in paper, using their blood as ink. But just as they were to sign their names (which will finalize the contract) Kurama finally spoke up.

"I just want to say something before any of you sign that."

Hiei breathed a sigh of relief. Yah, it was Kurama's fault that they were here, to be wedded, but… anything to stay the hangman's noose.

"I don't think it's fair that Hiei and I marry each other."

For once, Yomi showed a hint of emotion as the fine line of his eyebrow raised a little. "Kurama. Fairness is not an issue here. This, as I know you understand, is a political marriage."

For a while, it appeared that Kurama was about to say something, but at the last minute, decided not to say it after all. Once again, he looked at a space beyond Hiei's head.

Hiei glared at the fox, but lots of good that did him! First, Kurama, and now, Mukuro and Yomi?!! He tightened his fists and pounded full strength at the table. He glared at the half-mecha female. "You're not going to make me marry him! K'so! You cannot make me!"

Cold, dark youki emanated from Mukuro as she took the flustered jaganshi's defiance personally. The corner of her lips tilted slightly, and her cyborg eye glowed menacingly. "Oh… really?"

* * *

Hiei punched the metallic door with all his strength, but only dented the metal slightly. He bit his lips as his mind ran around in circles. He knew how fortified Mukuro's organic palace was. Heck, he helped upgrade it himself! But… using his own creation against him?!

"Mukuro! This isn't funny!" he yelled, pounding futilely at the door again. "Let - me - go!!!"

He heard a soft metallic laugh at the other side. "Don't humor yourself jaganshi. You can't order me around. Do you want a rematch? I could bash your pretty little face in…"

Hiei snorted in disgust at the remembrance of his defeat. Yah. It did hurt… and he wasn't a masochist to look for pain when the battle was just so pointless! What the heck was she thinking about?! She said that Yomi, Kurama, and they would have a long talk. But… why did she make him dress like this?

He eyed the gaudy creation the metal bitch he once considered a mother dressed him in.

Mukuro wrapped him in a black lace-like fabric, its front open at the chest all the way to the belt at his waist. The silky material wasn't even stitched together!

"Mukuro!" he kicked and pounded the door to no avail. Finally, youki almost spent, he sank to the ground and buried his head in his arms.

The past two days were a nightmare. First, his bestfriend tried to seduce him, then that stand-up tabloid spread the word that it was he who seduced Kurama, and now this?! Didn't anybody respect him anymore? For Kami's sake! He mastered the kokuryuha! Didn't that count for respect in Makai anymore?!

"H-Hiei?"

His eyes diminished to scary looking slits. The jaganshi's head suddenly snapped up as he thought he heard a familiar voice on the other side.

"Hiei?"

He turned around and pressed his ears closer to the door.

"Kurama?"

Silence. Sound of scraping, clearing of throat.

"I-I'm sorry…"

Hiei couldn't believe his ears as he heard those two words escape from Kurama's lips.

"What did you just say?"

"I said… I'm sorry."

Hiei's anger suddenly left him as he felt Kurama's remorse radiating through their youkis.

"It's just that I'm unaccustomed to being a youko again, and… and… the hormones just got the better of me…" pause. "But that's not an excuse! What I did was unforgivable!" Pause. Hiei could just imagine the conflict in his friend's mind. Kurama must be clenching his fists tightly as he pondered what he was about to say next. The jaganshi was surprised when he heard the sound of a key opening the door. But he wasn't mistaken as he felt Kurama gently pushing on the other side. He got to his feet and walked backwards, to give Kurama the chance to come in.

"Hiei… I…" the ningen's fiery red hair peeked though the space between the door and the frame. But even when he had come in, he was still unable to look Hiei straight in the eye. Kurama looked at the floor as if it was the most interesting scenery on the face of Makai. "Gomen."

"Kurama… are you sure you're sorry?" Hiei's deep voice echoed in the chamber. But it was devoid of any emotion. Hiei crinkled his nose as he remembered the drug-laden sweet snow Kurama gave him. He scratched his tummy through the opening of the shirt, suddenly aware that he hasn't eaten for two days. To his embarrassment, his stomach gave out a growl of protest.

"Ano… you're hungry?" Kurama's penitent tone was suddenly cut short as his eyes widened. He gulped in shock as his eyes took in Hiei's body in all its revealed and suggested detail. The dark fabric was wrapped around Hiei's neck, and joined at his waist, much like his youko outfit. The dark sheen of the cloth made Hiei's alabaster-white skin glow so beautifully in the dim light of the room.

For his part, Hiei recognized the darkening in Kurama's eyes, and the almost predatory way Kurama ran his tongue along his upper lips…

"Not again, fox!!!" Fueled by the memory of their last night together, Hiei made a run for the metallic door, only to catch a brief glimpse of Mukuro smiling evilly before the door slammed on his face. "Mukuro!!!"

"You two make up! Or better yet, make out!" she yelled before her youki finally disappeared.

"What the hell do you mean - MAKE OUT?!!"

<but as I said before, she was already out of earshot - Turin>

Hiei felt beads of sweat trickle down his brow. The room was closed. There's no way out. It's filled with talismans that prevent the use of excessive youki. He can't even summon a baby dragon if his life depended on it! His sharp nails traced five parallel lines on the door as he realized that in this arena, Kurama was stronger than him.

Slowly, he turned around, fists clenched as he prepared himself to fight to the very last drop of his youki. No way he's gonna fall prey to a youko!

But his hands unclenched by themselves when he saw Kurama's back on him.

"I said I was sorry, Hiei. I don't intend to back out on that promise. I won't take advantage of you anymore…"

Kurama closed his eyes as he reached for a seed within his scarlet mane. He gave it a light kiss and threw it in the middle of the room. It grew into a shrub half a meter in length. A sweet aroma permeated the room. Little golden seeds that smell like chocolate grew in clusters all over the shrub.

"It's my gift Hiei. It tastes like choco-covered Macadamia nuts. Your favorite."

Hiei eyed the shrub warily, recalling the sweet snow trick. "How'd I know if it wasn't drugged?"

Kurama sighed and picked up a fruit which he gingerly munched. "All right?"

Hiei's common sense rebelled, but his stomach compelled him to try something before he die of hunger. Damn it. Only two years in ningenkai, and he's getting soft! He chose the smallest of the bunch. Kurama looked at him, waiting. Finally, his stomach won out and he closed his eyes before popping the fruit in his mouth. It melted in a rich explosion of chocolate, and true to Kurama's description, its pits tasted like macadamia! The skin of the fruit also had a crispy texture, much like rice crispies, or nougats…

K'so… it is good.

"Don't be shy, Hiei. It's all for you. I just want us to be friends again."

Kurama smiled shyly as he searched for forgiveness in Hiei's eyes. At first, the koorime's eyes were unreadable, but gradually, it melted until Kurama saw the familiar glint of camaraderie in Hiei's orbs.

"It's not fun eating alone, old youko. Why don't we gather up the fruits and eat in front of the fire place?"

A slight dimple appeared in Kurama's cheeks as he smiled warmly at the invitation. For tonight, it was enough that they finally began to put the incident behind them.

"I'd be glad to, Hiei."

* * *

After a few hours, the duo finally exhausted the supply of fruits. The jaganshi yawned tiredly. He eyed the bed in the middle of the room. Kurama caught his look and smiled, nodding slightly in the bed's direction.

"I've kept you from your rest too long, Hiei. Don't mind me. I'd sleep on the floor."

Hiei wanted to protest, not really wanting to take advantage of Kurama, but the youko was adamant. Finally, since his eyes could open only halfway up, he finally relented and dragged his body to the soft bed. His back sank in the soft mattress, its coldness lulling him even deeper to sleep. He couldn't even open his eyes when the woolen blanket was wrapped around his body, and the candle lights were extinguished one by one, until the only light in the room came from the fireplace.

But there was still a question nagging at the back of Hiei's mind. With his extraordinary will power, Hiei forced himself to stay awake just a few seconds more.

"But Kurama… they're gonna marry us… I don't wanna…"

"Sh, I know you don't. I promise you won't marry anyone you don't love."

Maybe it was his imagination, but did Kurama's eyes look pensive all of a sudden? He didn't get to ask though, as the sandman refused to let him stay awake any longer.

"Oyasumi, Hiei…" Kurama whispered.

Then silence, as Hiei finally drifted to sleep.

* * *

Kurama looked wistfully at Hiei as the jaganshi slept peacefully on the soft bed Mukuro prepared for them. He'd be lying if he said that he wasn't attracted to him. Who wouldn't be? He lightly brushed away the tendrils of jet-black hair that framed Hiei's child-like face. Hiei's lips slightly opened as he muttered something in his dreams. It was then that Kurama finally gave in to his desire and placed a kiss on Hiei's lips, making a wish that hopefully, Hiei would forgive him for this too.

Hiei, what is it I feel about you?

<<<Finally! To Be Concluded!!!>>>

Tan tan tanan! Tan tan tanan! Tan tan tanan tan - Tanan tan tantan!

Hiei: Is that the WEDDING MARCH?!! O_o#

Turin: Why, oniichan, how could you deduce something like that? n.n It's just a random arrangement of the letters T, A, and N.

Tan tan tanan! Tan tan tanan! Tan tan tanan tan - Tanan tan tantan!