Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Conquering All Odds ❯ Kurama ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Conquering All Odds

Chapter Two: Kurama

~*~

Snow: Okay I didn`t get ANY reviews, but I`m starting the next chapter anyway. I stayed home from school today, so I`m freakin` bored!

Hiei: That`s only because you HATE your new school that you`re going to.

Snow: SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I MISS MY OLD SCHOOL DOESN`T MEAN I LIED ABOUT BEING SICK!

Yusuke: MEOW!

Snow: I miss my old friends…WAHHH *starts crying*

Yusuke: Meow *starts purring and sits on Snow`s lap* (A/n: he is a cat d`oh!)

Hiei: ON WITH THE FICCIE!! *dun dada duuun*

~*~

Instead of seeing himself, he saw a very cute little black kitten with big brown eyes staring back at him. His tail and little pink nose twitched.

`What happened to me?!'

~*~

Yusuke was a very confused little kitty. He didn`t know what the hell happened to him. He just stared and stared at his reflection in the puddle of water. He was covered from head to toe in soft, jet black cat fur. A tuft of fur stuck out on the top of his head. His normal sharp brown eyes were now large and round.

He extended a small, delicate paw and stared at it. Yusuke twitched his small pink nose and smelled the air. `Great, I`m a stupid cat.' He thought as he placed his paw on the cement and saw five small claws come emerge from it. `A stupid cat with lethal weapons!' He "smirked" sort of, he couldn`t really because he was a kitten.

Then he heard a voice from behind him…

"Hey look at the UGLY cat!" It was a deep husky voice. Yusuke turned around to see a large bald man wearing a black tanktop and black pants. He had a tattoo of a flaming skull with snakes crawling out of the eye sockets on his shoulder.

`UGLY?!' Yusuke yelled. He ran as fast as he could on all fours toward the towering behemoth. He jumped up high and scratched the dude`s face."MEOOOOOWWW!" Was his battle cry, which probably translated into: "I`m the best looking cat you`ll ever see, BITCH!"

Suddenly a net enclosed around him. He clawed the net frantically and hissed. "I got him, Mako!" Came another dude`s voice. He held up the net to his face and stared in at Yusuke; who took the opportunity of this and scratched the guy`s eye. "You stupid cat!" He yelled as he clutched his bleeding face.

"Let`s go drown the damn thing!" The guy named Mako yelled and snatched the net.

But then out of nowhere, Mako`s friend collapsed to the ground, with a bloody nose. "Drop the kitten, NOW." Came a calm, yet demanding voice.

Yusuke peered out through the holes in the net and saw his savior. `Kurama?' He thought and meowed.

Yes it was true; there on a trash can stood Kurama. His red hair blew gently in the night breeze as he clutched a rose in his hand. If there was one person who could stand on top of a trash can gracefully, it was Kurama.

"Why should we?" Mako growled. "I was planning on EATING him."

"I didn`t know anyone would be as cruel as to eat a defenseless kitten." Kurama glared at him.

"Oh, shut up pretty-boy." Mako charged with his mammoth bulk when Kurama calmly whispered.

"Rose whip."

The rose in his hand turned into a thorny whip and wrapped around Mako, immobilizing him. With a flick of his wrist, Kurama sent Mako flying against the brick wall of the alley. He plopped to the ground, unconscious.

Kurama walked swiftly over to the net and untangled it from around the poor Yusuke and picked him up in his arms. Yusuke looked up at Kurama with his big brown eyes and meowed.

"Well, don`t be getting into any trouble from now on, okay?" Kurama said and smiled warmly at him. He placed Yusuke on the ground and started to walk off.

`Hold on, Kurama might be able to help me!' Yusuke realized. He turned around sharply and ran after Kurama, but Kurama was too far ahead and kittens can`t run that fast. He tried hard to catch up. When he figured out he couldn`t catch up, he sat back on his haunches and…

"MEOOOOOOOOOWW!!" He yelped and Kurama abruptly stopped and turned around.

"What is it, kitty?" He asked coming toward him and bending over. Yusuke smiled to himself. `I can use my cuteness to get him to take me home. One of his plants has got to have a cure for this.' He thought as he rubbed up against Kurama`s pants leg. "Meow." He made the cutest face he could and looked up at Kurama.

"Do you want me to take you home with me?" Kurama asked, scratching behind Yusuke`s ear.

Yusuke looked up and nodded while meowing. Kurama just smiled and said. "I can`t refuse a face as cute as yours." He picked the little black kitten up. "Let`s go."

The cold wind whipped around them as they walked home and without realizing it, Yusuke snuggled deeper into the kitsune`s arms for warmth.

~*~

They got to Kurama`s house about thirty minutes later. Kurama pulled off his shoes and sat Yusuke down on the floor. "Make yourself at home." He smiled. "I`ll get you some milk." He then walked into the kitchen.

Yusuke walked around the house, his padded feet pattered on the hardwood floor. He looked around the corner to see a big living room, with a BIG television. `Alright, Kurama`s got a big screen TV.' Yusuke grinned inwardly as he tried to jump onto the couch where the remote control was.

The first try was humiliating. He tried to jump, but instead he hit the side of the couch and the springs in the cushions sent him flying back and he landed into Kurama`s potted plant.

"…me…OW…" He said as he got down, all covered in dirt.

This time he took a running start and tried to jump up, but was caught in midair by Kurama. He looked up at the red head innocently. Kurama just stared at him. "Here`s your milk." He placed a bowl of warm milk on the floor. Yusuke looked up at Kurama and meowed, which probably translated into "Thanks, but I really want to watch wrestling on your HUMONGUS big screen TV."

Yusuke drank hungrily as Kurama watched and stroked his furry head with the back of his hand. "You must not have had anything to drink in a while, huh?" He then noticed that Yusuke was covered in dirt. "And I see you`ve been in my plants already, kitty." Yusuke just kept on drinking, he was REALLY thirsty. "We`ll just have to give you a bath later."

Yusuke`s eyes widened, he didn`t want to take a bath. And he really didn`t want Kurama to GIVE him a bath either.

"I know cats hate water, but you are filthy." Kurama smiled as he took away the empty bowl and walked back into the kitchen.

~*~

Snow: END OF CHAPPIE TWO!!! Please review ya`ll! I`m starting to think no one likes me anymore! *cries*

Kurama: You`re starting to sound really pathetic.

Snow: SHUT UP KURAMA!!

Kurama: O_O

Angry Kurama Fangirls: How DARE you tell our Kurama to shut up?! Die you bitch!! *has pitchforks and flaming torches*

Snow: I am not a bitch! LEAVE ME ALONE!! *in the background lightning flashes and scary music plays*

Yusuke: MEOOOOOW!! *angry kitty glare*

AKF: Meep! *runs away*

Snow: See ya in chappie three!! ^_^

Yusuke: MEOW!

~*~