Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Conquering All Odds ❯ Fighting the Evil ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Conquering All Odds
Chapter Nine: Fighting the Evil
 
xXx
 
Snow: Hello and here's chapter nine!
 
Hiei: Whatever…
 
Snow: You're in this chapter!
 
Hiei: So, I hate everything about you…
 
Snow: Why do I love you?
 
Hiei: Huh?
 
Snow: You don't know that song? It's called [I Hate] Everything About You by Three Days Grace…
 
Hiei: Wha?
 
Snow: It's on the CD, NOW 15!!
 
Hiei: Now fif-teen?! ::confused::
 
Snow: Just forget about it!
 
Disclaimer: SnowLion no Miko doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho, so LEAVE ME ALONE!!
 
Snow: On with the-
 
Hiei: What is this Now fif-teen you speak of?
 
Snow: You interrupted me!!
 
Hiei: ::rolls eyes::
 
Snow: ON WITH THE FICCIE!!! *dun dada duuun*
 
xXx
 
Kurama maliciously smirked and threw Yusuke across the room and he hit the wall hard. The limp form of the kitten slowly fell to the ground in a pool of blood.
 
Yusuke lifted his head up and opened an eye weakly, `Kurama…' Without anymore strength left, his head lay back down and closed his eyes. Kurama's wicked laughing could be head in the distance.
 
xXx
 
Botan flew frantically to Hiei and Kuwabara, who were fighting about something in the park. “Oh thank goodness, there they are…” She muttered to herself as she zoomed down to talk to them.
 
“You idiot! You can't ask Yukina to marry you!” Hiei screamed at Kuwabara. The carrot top just looked confused.
 
“But I wasn't near her…” Kuwabara started, but was cut off by the raging demon.
 
“Kurama told me that you were asking her to marry you!” He screamed. But fortunately for Kuwabara, Botan came flying by.
 
“I've been looking all over for you two!” Botan exclaimed, hopping off her oar.
 
“What's up, Botan?” Kuwabara asked goofily.
 
“Okay, Yusuke has been turned into a kitten!” Botan told them, Hiei and Kuwabara looked shocked.
 
“Okay…maybe that wasn't the best way to tell you…” Botan scratched her head sheepishly and smiled. “Ummm, alright! Yusuke fought these two cat demons a few days ago. One of them scratched him and he was turned into a kitten! Now, I'm guessing Kurama found him somewhere and took him in, not knowing it was him.”
 
“So you're saying that Urameshi is a cute widdle kitty?” Kuwabara said jokingly.
 
“So that was the creature that was jealous of me when I went over to Kurama's house the other day when he was sick.” Hiei mused.
 
“Yes, and now there is this cat demon that is trying to take over human world. His name is Atsuki and we need you two to go to Shinjuku forest and kill Atsuki.” Botan explained. “I have already told Genkai…and she is probably over there fighting him as we speak.” Botan mounted her oar once again and hovered above the ground. “I have to go get Kurama now, see ya!” And with that the blue haired deity was off.
 
“Let's go!” Kuwabara said, running off to Shinjuku forest.
 
“Hn.” Hiei mumbled dully, jumping from tree to tree.
 
xXx
 
Yusuke's limp form lay covered in blood. Kurama laughed sadistically at the motionless spirit detective.
 
“Shuiichi?” came a small voice. It was Shiori who was in her pajamas. Her head was peeking out of a crack in her bedroom door. “Are you alright?”
 
“I'm fine mother, just peachy.” Kurama replied, almost too nicely. Shiori nodded and said that it was five o'clock in the morning and she was going to go get her usual cup of coffee at the café.
 
“I'm going to go get dressed, you better fix yourself something to eat. You need to eat so you won't get that sick again.” Shiori smiled and closed her door.
 
A few minutes later, the kind woman emerged from her room dressed in a skirt and blouse, she smiled and asked him. “When did you buy that Halloween costume, sweetie? It's cute.”
 
“I bought it a few weeks back, cats are cute aren't they?” Kurama said, sweatdropping.
 
“They sure are.” Shiori smiled. She opened the front door and left.
 
xXx
 
Meanwhile in the forest Hikari was mad at her master's actions. “Master Atsuki! Why didn't you give the command to kill that ningen woman?! She could've found out!”
 
“She is not important. The detective was our only objective and we got him.” Atsuki said, glancing at the pool of water that projected Kurama's image, and he smiled when his eyes laid on Yusuke's lifeless body.
 
“Hey.” A voice said. Atsuki and Hikari turned around to see a short man with spiky hair, an old woman with pinkish hair and a tall man with orange hair. The woman spoke. “Your plans aren't going to work, because you're going to DIE!” She charged at the cat demon and started to punch him rapidly in the stomach. He crashed into a tree.
 
Atsuki emerged from the rubble. He looked on in shock. “Genkai…” He muttered. “And Hiei and the human Kuwabara…”
 
“You got that right.” Kuwabara said, forming his spirit sword. “And Genkai's right…you are going to die!” He charged and swung with his sword at the evil cat demon. Atsuki jumped on a tree branch gracefully, dodging the assault.
 
“Bastard…” Hiei muttered, drawing his katana. He used his lightning speed to jump in the tree and swung at Atsuki. The katana slashed him across his right shoulder. Atsuki jumped to the ground to get better footing.
 
Hiei jumped down as well and charged at the cat demon. When he though he had him, another katana blocked his. Ruby red eyes scanned from the tip of the sword to its wielder, Hikari the cat lady youkai.
 
“Hn, so we finally meet, Hiei.” Hikari smirked. She walked in front of her master, still holding Hiei back with her own katana.
 
“You seem to have heard of me, though I don't know your name…not that I care, I'm about to kill you anyway.” Hiei said with arrogance.
 
“It's Hikari.” The lady youkai said. “And who in Demon World hasn't heard about the Master of the Black Dragon Technique?”
 
“Looks like I've built myself a better reputation.” Hiei smirked.
 
“Pretty much…” Hikari said, getting ready to attack Hiei once again.
 
xXx
 
Botan ran down the sidewalk to Kurama's house. She was obviously exhausted from all the work she had to be doing. She rounded a corner when she heard a familiar voice call out to her
 
“Botan!” The blue haired deity turned around and saw the face of the ice apparition, Yukina.
 
Botan ran to her and smiled. “Why hello Yukina! What are you doing?”
 
“Oh, I was going to the store to get something for Kazuma…it was called a `potato-chip'?” She said, obviously unfamiliar with the food item. Keiko or Shizuru usually went grocery shopping with the kind girl because she wasn't familiar with all the terms of the human world yet, but Botan saw no signs of them.
 
“Do you want to come with me to get Kurama?” Botan offered the confused ice demon.
 
“Oh, yes! I would like that.” Yukina's face lit up at the mention of Kurama's name, she was quite fond of the fox youkai because he was always so kind to her.
 
“Okay, let's go…but we have to hurry, alright?” Botan said, breaking into a run.
 
“Okay.” Yukina smiled as she started running right behind the bubbly girl.
 
xXx
 
Kurama walked over the motionless kitten; he picked him up and smirked. “You're not dead yet, are you?” Yusuke didn't move. Didn't breathe. Didn't twitch his nose. He was completely still.
 
The wicked man walked into the kitchen, opened a drawer and took out a knife. He held it to the kitten's throat. “Any last meows, Detective?” He laughed heartily.
 
Yusuke opened a chocolate brown eye weakly. Staring at the evil neko-kitsune, he wished that this wasn't how it had to end. The blade pressed against the soft flesh of the kitten's throat. He closed his eyes, bracing himself for the end when…
 
“Kurama?!” The door burst open, revealing a very distressed grim reaper and a horrified ice apparition.
 
Kurama dropped Yusuke to the hard floor, causing him to whimper. “No! Yusuke!” Botan cried out.
 
“Yusuke?” Yukina asked innocently. “But that's a cat…” She was cut off by a razor sharp blade being pressed against the ivory skin of her neck. Crimson eyes widened in terror as another strong arm wrapped tightly around her waist, immobilizing her. Kurama had used his lightning fast cat-speed to sneak up on Yukina.
 
“Yukina! Leave her alone!” Botan said, running towards Kurama. The red head just smirked.
 
“Take another step and she dies.”
 
xXx
 
Snow: OH NO!!!
 
Hiei: YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!
 
Snow: Leave me outta this!
 
Hiei: Shut your face!
 
Snow: Urg…see ya next time!
 
xXx