Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Conquering All Odds ❯ Atsuki's Evil Spell ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Conquering All Odds
Chapter Eight: Atsuki's Evil Spell
 
xXx
 
Snow: Hello and welcome to chapter eight!
 
Niana Kuonji: Hiya! I'm one of Snow's reviewers!
 
Snow: Hi! Niana! ::high fives::
 
Niana: ::smiles::
 
Snow: On to the disclaimer!
 
Disclaimer: SnowLion no Miko does not own Yu Yu Hakusho!
 
Hiei: You're both retards…
 
Niana: Aww! It's FLUFF-HEAD!! ::glomps::
 
Hiei: grrr…
 
Snow: ON WITH THE FICCIE!! ::dun dada duuun::
 
xXx
 
Kurama suddenly opened his eyes, they glowed a bright red. He growled deeply in his throat. `What's…happening?' He panicked; he moved his tongue around in his mouth. Kurama gasped when he felt two sharp fangs.
 
Yusuke opened his eyes. `K-Kurama?'
 
xXx
 
In Spirit World, Koenma and Botan were still in his office, trying to get information out of Zagato. “Zagato, I am losing patience with you.” Koenma warned.
 
“I'll tell, as long as you don't use that thing on me…” a frightened Zagato said, glancing at the golden box that housed the orb that had just recently sucked his partner's soul inside of it, never to be released. “Atsuki is in the human world…he is in the woods right outside Shinjuku Park, and judging by the atmosphere of the air, he has just enchanted someone…”
 
“What do you mean by `enchanted'?” Botan asked, glancing at the neko demon nervously. She was sure that Kuwabara, Hiei, Kurama and Koenma could sense the recent disturbance in the air, but didn't know if Yusuke could.
 
“Master Atsuki can cast spells on certain individuals…this is the extent of his power. All he needs to do this is a sample of the victim's DNA, a lock of hair or vile of blood will do. When he casts this spell on someone, he can turn them into a cat demon themselves, or do whatever he pleases.” Zagato said, his eyes were still focused on that cursed golden box.
 
Koenma looked at him desperately, then at the blue haired deity. “Botan, get a read on any strange energy that has just popped up.” Botan got up and walked out of the room.
 
“You had better be right about this.” The ruler of Spirit World warned the neko.
 
xXx
 
At Kurama's house, Yusuke had woken up with a start at the kitsune's almost evil appearance.
 
“Heh heh heh…” Kurama cackled menacingly. He stared at the small, black kitten with malice. “Yusuke Urameshi, I have you where I want you.” It wasn't his voice, but someone else's.
 
Yusuke's eyes widened. `He knows it's me?!' He took a step foreward, only to be met with Kurama's foot connecting with his side, sending him sprawling into the side of the couch.
 
“Foolish Spirit Detective.” Kurama smirked. His eyes glowed red and he bared his new fangs. His ears started to move to the top of his head and became pointed like a cat's ears and a cat tail spurted out from his spine.
 
`What's happened to you Kurama?!' Yusuke thought, getting up weakly with a big brown eye clenched tightly in pain.
 
xXx
 
A man with long silver hair stood in the woods. He laughed wickedly as he stared into a pool of water in a big silver bowl. His hands were outstretched across the water. In the bowl of water was projected an image of Kurama and Yusuke at Kurama's house almost like a movie screen. The red head was smirking and the small kitten was struggling to get up. “Looks like the little neko detective has his paws full…” The man laughed.
 
“Master Atsuki, is the detective dead?” A young woman said, walking to him. She had long black hair that was pulled back into a high ponytail, her cat ears and tail were black as well. She had green eyes and wore a purple kimono, a sword was strapped to her side.
 
“No, not yet. I can sense his energy fading though.” Atsuki said, studying the images of the two former allies. “Good thing he was turned into a cat, small kittens are so much easier to kill than that particular detective. Too bad that Nuriko and Zagato had to die as well.”
 
“Nuriko and Zagato were weaklings.” The woman smirked arrogantly. She walked over to her master and looked at the bowl of water as well. “And fools because they tried to take on Urameshi by themselves.”
 
“Hikari, they might have been weak, but they were loyal.” Atsuki said, placing a hand on the female neko's shoulder.
 
The woman called Hikari glanced at Atsuki's face, then down at the bowl of water. “Yeah, whatever.” She rolled her eyes jokingly.
 
“This `Kurama' person should be able to kill Urameshi without a second thought while he is under my control.” Atsuki smirked, stroking the outline of Yusuke's tail with his finger, causing ripples on the water.
 
xXx
 
“Koenma, sir!” Botan called to him, running with a piece of paper. “The strange energy is coming from Kurama's house!”
 
“Okay! First, I need you to gather Kuwabara, Hiei, and Genkai. They will go to Shinjuku and fight Atsuki. Then I need you to go check out the energy at Kurama's house, if nothing is wrong, go and tell him about Atsuki and what exactly happened to Yusuke.” Koenma commanded.
 
“Oh!” Botan remembered about the day at the park. “I saw Kurama…”
 
“So?!” Koenma interrupted.
 
“…he was holding a kitten he found that had black hair and brown eyes...just like Yusuke.” Botan finished, Koenma gasped.
 
xXx
 
Yusuke's big brown eyes examined the kitsune. The former kind hearted fox was now a maniac with cat ears. He didn't have any idea of what had happened to him, and he was very worried. `Damn! What am I supposed to do?! I'll die in a cat's body!' He thought confusedly. `If I don't fight, I'll die…but it's Kurama…' He glanced at the red head. `Since when did I care if I hurt Kurama?! But the problem is that I DO care…'
 
Kurama walked slowly, but determined at what he was about to do. It was engraved in his mind to “kill the cat.” He reached down and grabbed the skin on the back of Yusuke's neck and lifted him to his eye level. “You ready to die, cat?”
 
`Why are you doing this, Kurama?!' Yusuke looked deep into Kurama's green eyes. `It doesn't make any sense…'
 
Kurama maliciously smirked and threw Yusuke across the room and he hit the wall hard. The limp form of the kitten slowly fell to the ground in a pool of blood.
 
Yusuke lifted his head up and opened an eye weakly, `Kurama…' Without any more strength left, his head lay back down and closed his eyes. Kurama's wicked laughing could be heard in the distance.
 
xXx
 
Snow: Ohhhhh, poor Yusuke!
 
Hiei: You are a terrible person!
 
Snow: You're not one to talk…
 
Hiei: Wha?
 
Snow: Just drop it…anyways thank you all for reviewing!
 
Hiei: Shut up…
 
Snow: ::points at Hiei:: YOU are in the next chapter, fuzz-head.
 
Niana: Hey! That's what I call Hiei!
 
Snow: I just wanted to try it out…
 
Niana: Okay! ::smiles::
 
Snow: Poor poor Yusuke…
 
Hiei: Whatever! I'm gonna go kill something!
 
Snow: Yukina wouldn't like that!
 
Yukina: Why wouldn't I like that? ::innocent eyes::
 
Snow: Because you're Hiei's sis-
 
Hiei: ::death glare::
 
Snow: -system of insurance! He needs you for financial support!
 
Yukina: ::confused look:: Uhh, alright…
 
Hiei: ::walks off sulking::
 
Snow: SEE YOU NEXT TIME AND I'M SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER WAS CONFUSING TO YOU!!!
 
Hiei: Why would it be confusing?
 
Snow: HAPPY HALLOWEEN YA'LL!!!
 
xXx