Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Conquering All Odds ❯ Important Clue ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Conquering All Odds
Chapter Seven: Important Clue
 
xXx
 
Snow: Chapter seven is here! ::does a little dance::
 
Kurama: Yay…::waves a party flag around dully::
 
Snow: Hope you like it! ::peace sign::
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho!
 
Kurama: ON!
 
Hiei: WITH!
 
Botan: THE!
 
Snow: FICCIE!
 
Yusuke: MEOW!! ::dun dada duuuun::
 
xXx
 
Kurama began to eat more as Hiei pleasingly watched.
 
Yusuke just continued to give death glares to Hiei. `Damn it…'
 
xXx
 
“Well fox, I guess I shall take my leave.” Hiei said, picking up Kurama's bowl and taking it into the kitchen. Hiei came back into the living room and placed his hand on Kurama's forehead. “You're fever is getting worse, maybe I should stay with you until your mortal mother gets home.”
 
“No, Hiei I can take care of myself and I think I sense Kuwabara making a move on your sister…”
 
“How can you sense that?”
 
“Oh no! He's asking her to marry him! Hurry Hiei! Hurry!” Kurama said with a fake look of panic on his face.
 
This time he got Hiei. Mumbling something about: “Damn that idiot!” then he turned towards Kurama and said. “Get well, fox.” With that, he jumped out of the open window.
 
Yusuke was now in a rage. `Stupid Hiei, stupid Hiei. That bastard! “I just came over here to check on you.” Yeah right! You just wanted to make a move on him didn't you, you old three eyed bastard!?' He walked closer to Kurama. `How dare he flirt with MY fox?!' He stopped dead in his tracks. `MY fox? Where the hell did that come from?! Maybe I do li…NO! I don't have feelings for that…that…that kitsune!'
 
Now poor Yusuke was all flustered and his face was turning red under his fur. `Stupid stupid!' He repeated in his head until he was snapped out of his thoughts by Kurama's voice.
 
“Yuki?” Kurama called. “Come here.”
 
Yusuke sighed in his head. `He better not have noticed my little phase of jealousy…'
 
He meowed when he approached Kurama, who was sitting on the couch. The red head bent down and picked him up. He smiled. “Was little Yuki jealous of Hiei?”
 
`He noticed…'
 
Kurama stroked his head with the back of his hand. “I'm sorry you were jealous, but if it makes you feel better, I don't have feelings for Hiei.”
 
Yusuke closed his eyes and sighed in his head. `Wait…' He opened them quickly. `Why do I feel relieved?'
 
xXx
 
Meanwhile in Spirit World, Botan had just gotten the two partners of Atsuki, Nuriko and Zagato and had gathered them in Koenma's office. “Nuriko, Zagato, I need this information out of you…where are the whereabouts of your leader, Atsuki?” Koenma said, slamming his hands on his desk. Zagato and Nuriko were sitting in two chairs across from him.
 
“It is absolutely absurd that you would ask us such a question!” Nuriko said, defiantly as she flipped a piece of hair over her shoulder.
 
“We would NEVER betray out master!” Zagato yelled.
 
“You must tell us!” Botan demanded, standing up abruptly. “Atsuki is a terrible Upper A class demon! He might destroy the human world!”
 
“That's what we intended to do!” Zagato shouted, causing the blue haired deity to back away. “We hate all humans! Expesially that Yusu…”
 
“What did you say?” Koenma asked the young cat warrior. “Were you about to say Yusuke?”
 
Zagato looked away, ashamed that he let such valuable information loose. Nuriko glared at him and said under her breath. “Idiot!”
 
“Were you?!” He demanded once again.
 
“…yes!” Zagato finally said after some deliberation. “We fought him, and he killed us…but he got his just desserts.”
 
“What do you mean by `just desserts'?” Botan asked, quirking an eyebrow.
 
“…grrr…” Zagato looked as if he were going to be killed again by Nuriko if he told. “I'm not telling.” He said stubbornly. A satisfied smirk made its way across Nuriko's face.
 
Koenma brought out a golden box. “Listen, I hate to do this to any soul that refuses to cooperate…” He opened it; the box was lined with red velvet inside. A small crystal clear orb sat in the center of the box. It shimmered when the light hit it. Botan gasped. “No, Koenma, sir…”
 
“What's it do?” Zagato asked. He eyed the small sphere curiously.
 
Koenma took the orb out of the box. “This orb has the power to suck in any spirit I tell it to…a `spirit vacuum' if you will.” He stared into Zagato's eyes. “Once inside, the spirit can never be released…either tell me what happened to Yusuke and the location of you leader or I will suck you both in, never to be seen again.”
 
Zagato's eyes widened. Nuriko didn't look fazed at all by this development. “How am I supposed to know if this is a bluff or not?” She smirked.
 
“You're a fool to think that it is a lie…” Koenma said; the orb glowed faintly. “Do you want me to try it out on you?” The tone of his voice was dead serious.
 
Nuriko gulped and slowly shook her head. “Zagato…he, scratched Yusuke before he killed us.” Koenma glared at the female neko. “It usually takes a few hours for the venom in our claws to seep into the blood stream and transform a person…”
 
“You mean that Yusuke is a CAT now?!” Koenma screamed. “Now tell me where is Zagato!”
 
Before answering, Nuriko looked at the orb resting on the table, forgotten. She smirked and with her cat-like grace she snatched it and leaped onto the back of her chair. “HA!” She laughed triumphantly, holding the orb out in her hands. “Fool! Now I have the orb!”
 
Zagato smirked and stood up. “You aren't ready for that teenage form that you are in right now, the toddler form suits you better…you are just as foolish as one!”
 
“Now, capture Koenma's spirit!” Nuriko exclaimed. The orb began to float out of her clawed fingers and went to the center of the room. The glowed with a bright light that shot out and enveloped the whole room, but Koenma didn't look worried.
 
Suddenly, as a flash of light was headed to Koenma to capture his soul, a blue shield of energy formed around him and reflected the beam right back at the foolish cat.
 
“NOOO!!” Nuriko screamed. “How can this be?!” The light hit her. She turned into a beam of pink energy and shot back into the orb.
 
The light cleared from the room, and the orb floated down to Koenma, who caught it. He clasped it in his palm and looked down at it; the orb had turned from a crystal white color to a light pink. “What a shame…she was the fool. Nuriko didn't know that the orb's powers don't work on me…” He mumbled, placing the dangerous sphere back into the box. Closing it he said, “Now Zagato, would you like that to happen to you?”
 
“N-no…” He was trembling.
 
“Good, then tell me where Atsuki is.” Koenma said as he sat back down in his chair.
 
xXx
 
At Kurama's house, Shiori got home at about eleven at night, a few hours later than she promised her son. She saw her Shuiichi and his companion asleep on the couch. Not wanting to bother them, she turned off the television and went to bed.
 
Yusuke had fallen asleep on the red haired kitsune's lap. Kurama's eyes were closed in slumber as well.
 
Kurama suddenly opened his eyes, they glowed a bright red. He growled deeply in his throat. `What's…happening?' He panicked; he moved his tongue around in his mouth. Kurama gasped when he felt two sharp fangs.
 
Yusuke opened his eyes. `K-Kurama?!'
 
xXx
 
Snow: Ohhhh what's happening to our kawaii little Kurama-kun?!
 
Kurama: You should know, you're the one writing the stupid thing!
 
Snow: It's not stupid! It's my very first YAOI fic!
 
Hiei: Who cares?! I am NOT Yusuke's love rival!
 
Snow: Shut up!
 
Hiei: I'm gonna kill you! ::draws katana and starts to chase Snow::
 
Snow: MEEP! ::runs::
 
Kuruna Icefire: NO! If you kill her she won't be able to finish this fic!
 
Snow: YAY! It's my faithful reviewer at FF.net, Kuruna Icefire! ::hugs::
 
K. Icefire: ::smiles::
 
Snow's other reviewers appear out of nowhere…
 
Raining Petals: YAY! I'm here too!
 
Paladin Dragoon: Me three!
 
K. Icefire: Let's paaaartayy! ::turns on some music::
 
R. Petals: WOOT! ::starts to dance with Yusuke the kitten::
 
Yusuke: MEOW! ::smiles::
 
Snow: See ya next time!! ::is hit with a block of cheese:: WHO THREW THAT?!?
 
xXx