Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed or Not ❯ Kenson ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
OKAY! HERE IT IS! THE NEXT CHAPTER JUST I SAID!


Chapter 2: Kenson….

I sat on the ground, playing in the mud. Being as carefree as only a four year old can be. The April rain had kept me and my two older brothers and my older sister locked in the den. With the showers done, I was out making mud pies.
I looked up as I heard a twig snap. “Must have been an animal” and I go back to the mud.
The next thing I now, my head throbbed and three older boys are standing over top of me with rocks in their hands.
“Hello, Yoko” says the oldest. I look at them, trying to figure out what they wanted. I didn’t know any of them, and I had done nothing wrong. I was still on papa’s land.
“‘Ello” I say and give them a smile.
The boy who seemed to be the leader raised his hand to throw another rock at me. I flinched and closed my eyes, waiting for the connection. When I opened my eyes, another boy was standing in front of me. His short brown hair moved in the wind, to reveal a pair of gold eyes, and I let out a sigh of relieve. It was only my older brother, the one born just before me, Kenson.
“Yoko, go on home. Mama wants you.” He said.
I got up and headed back towards the den, when I noticed Kenson wasn’t fallowing. I stop and asked “What cha doin’?”
“Just going to have a word with your assaulters.”
“O-tay” I said and headed off. As soon as I was out of sight, I hid and watched, not wanting to go back without Kenson, or papa would be mad.
“Why are you protecting him?” asked the boy to the right of the leader.
“His my baby bro.” Kenson told them. “It’s my duty.”
“His a cursed child.” Said the last one.
“It doesn’t mean you have to be mean to him.” Kenson told them.
“Why?” the leader asked.
“He’s like every normal four year old kit. He cries, plays, eats, sleeps, has nightmares, and laughs. Hes just a kit shunned because of some believe! He’s a good kit, and he doesn’t deserve the fate you or anyone else is going to give him!”
I didnt understand what was going on, but I did know that Kenson was in trouble. The three boys had surrounded him. As they started to beat him, I moved to come out of my hiding place.
Just as I moved, Kenson looked towards me. He looked shocked, but shakes his head no. I know he means to stay hidden. I do as my big brother said and stay put. I fell asleep and woke with Kenson nealing over me. He looked terrible. He had bruses all over the visual skin, with a gash across his left check, which ran from the top of the bridge of his nose to his chin. Just looking at it I knew it was going to scar, and I felt guilty.
“Don’t worry about it. what’s the point of speaking your mind if you don’t take the consequences.”
“Sorrie” I say, even if he didn’t want to hear it.
“Not you fault, kiddo” he answered as he picked me up. “Mama’s probably worried sick. Let’s get home.”
“O-tay” I answered as he placed me on his back. ‘I’m lucky to have my mama, papa, brothers and sister.”
“Ya ok?”
“What?”
“Your head, silly. It has blood on it.” he tells me.
“It O-tay” I answered “No worry.”
“Okay. No worrying, but you better let mama see that when we get back. And don’t tell mama what you over heard.”
“O-tay. What cursed child?” I asked.
“it’s a special kit, that many people don’t see for what they really are.” He answered sadly.
“Me?”
“Why you?” he asked me to verify and I nod. “Because few people understand you, and you don’t look like them.”
“Sorrie”
“You have nothing to be sorry about.” He said with a chuckle. “Just prove them wrong.”
“What?”
“You’ll understand one day, kiddo, one day.” He answered with a smile, and I smiled back knowing I was safe till I understood.