Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ She sure is special ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: I dedicate this chapter to Kotori-chan who has been the first to review! But the “enjoy” part goes to everyone. =D
 
Disclaimer: I'm proud to say I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho but my OC and the oh so wonderful plot!
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 2: She sure is special
 
Kurama woke up at the smell of blood. Sure it wasn't a lot, but heck it was in the same room and his kitsune nose was sensitive about that. He sat up slowly, his wounds from his mission the day before still aching, but not as bad as last night.
 
Quickly scanning the room, his eyes rested on a beat up figure on the ground. 'So that's her...' he thought, his body frozen for a split moment and when he decided to take action to help her in return, he saw her stir and get up like anyone would after sleeping on the floor: groaning.
 
Damn that's not as comfortable as I last recall it...” she mumbled to herself, rubbing her sore butt before noticing last night's prey was awake. “Ah, so you're not dead after all.” grinned Sachi.
 
... Not yet. Should I be?” politely inquired Kurama, noticing he was lacking a shirt and shoes.
That depends on you.” replied the teenager, stretching her sore arms, yawning quietly.
 
What-- happened to you?” frowned Kurama, folding one arm over his stomach, trying to prevent more pain. Sachi looked at him with a raised eyebrow then looked at herself quickly.
 
Oh... Nothing.” she replied, turning her back on him, mentally cursing for him to keep his questions to himself. (1)
 
...” That silence proved Kurama wasn't easily fooled, but wouldn't push it.
 
Can you walk?” inquired Sachi, wheeling around on her heels, no traces of blood visible though he could still smell it. All he could see, were bruises.
 
Kurama stood up slowly. His wound was aching and pulling his flesh apart even more, but he'd survive until he got home. He nodded hesitantly, “Yeah...”
 
Sachi rolled her eyes and made him sit down rather brutally, sliding some old shoes on. “They'll fit until you get back. The hyenas kinda stole them and I didn't think it'd be worth destroying their-- plastic surgery faces. Even though they still need some facial work.” she smirked then looked at him again.
 
Your shirt's kinda dead... I'll get you one though.” she looked around then dashed out of the room and came back after a few minutes with a lose, white, button up shirt. “That should do it. Here, put it on.” But really, she forced it on him. It was like a mother dressing a child, except the kid in this case can talk and walk and dress by himself...
 
Ow!”
 
Shh. Be quiet.” ordered Sachi, pulling his arms through the sleeves. “There. All set.” she started buttoning him up quickly with expert hands, her eyes not even stopping to stare at his chest. Heck, she had the time to stare at him all night long, right?
 
Kurama on the other hand wasn't used anymore to this kind of attention. Sure his mom helped him dress sometimes, but only the refining touches like a tie or something. Never the entire shirt anymore... It felt strange, but nice, and so, his face turned a pale shade of red.
 
At that very instant, done with last button, Sachi looked up and saw the shade of his face. She laughed quietly and dropped both arms on her knees, since she was kneeling, “Know something? Your face and your hair matching looks adorable.”
 
Kurama blinked once, then felt his cheeks heat up even more before he could finally control it. Sachi laughed and stood up, “I'll take you home.” she grabbed one of his arm and jerked him up, making him wince. “Oh don't be such a baby.” she snickered and led him out the door, down the stairs and out the back door as quickly as possible.
 
'Damn... what's withher?' thought Kurama, slightly amazed but also feeling a tinge of anger. How could she treat him like a such a wuss? He wasn't a baby for crying out loud! But what she did at that moment really, well-- hurt.
 
We'll walk. I don't take my bike during the day.” said Sachi, closing the door behind him.
 
Um... bike?” he couldn't picture a goth-like girl such as her on a pink bicycle.
 
Sachi snorted, pointing with her thumb over her shoulder. “Bike. Motorcycle.” But she couldn't help the growing smirk tugging at her lips and had to bite down her lower lip to keep the chuckle quiet.
 
Kurama slightly sweat dropped and walked behind her, he still didn't know her name. Which made him wonder--
How do you know where I live?” he inquired, raising a curious eyebrow.
 
Sachi giggled quietly and stopped in her tracks. “I don't.” she smiled sheepishly and walked behind him, putting two forceful hands on his shoulders, pushing him in front. “You walk. I follow.” she nodded to herself, brushing back a strand of hair to where it came from.
 
They walked for a while in silence, Kurama slightly bending over so that his skin wouldn't be pulled even more, increasing the size of his wound. “So... what school do you go to?” asked Kurama in a semi pained voice. Damn, he'd missed the end of the sidewalk.
 
Yours.” replied Sachi, gently rubbing one sore cheek while he was walking in front of her.
 
Surprised, Kurama looked over his shoulder. “You do?”
 
Are you deaf or what? I just said so. Yes. I do. But you don't know me, obviously, first of all because I flunk all my tests and you wouldn't... hang around my crowd much.”
 
I see.” politely replied Kurama, trying to remember miscellaneous people he met at school. But he sure couldn't remember her face. And he was pretty sure he would remember her face. It was so... simple and pretty. Except covered in light bruises and scratches.
 
Look. It's better you know nothing about me. Just for your reputation's sake.” said Sachi simply, picking at her growing nails.
 
'Harsh.' thought Kurama but kept on walking slowly. “And why would that be?” he still wanted to know. He'd never really met a goth... Well ok, she wasn't really a goth. But that's as close as you get. Right?
 
After five minutes of silent walking, they reached Kurama's house “Well, there it is...” he said, looking back at the nameless girl, who looked up.
 
Oh... that was fast. 'k, see ya.” she replied, turning around and heading back to-- wherever she was headed.
 
... Wait-- what's your name?” called the fox, his curiosity poking in.
 
The girl turned halfway around, a small grin on her lips. “Sachi.” she replied, already waving with one hand, walking towards her unknown direction again.
 
Sachi-- can't you come in?” inquired the gentleman with red hair and huge bandage on his stomach. The girl laughed, her light voice echoing through the semi empty street.
 
Why should I? See ya.” she waved another hand above her shoulders and disappeared as soon as she took a left, leaving Kurama slightly confused but smiling faintly. She sure was special.
 
So he walked in, taking off his shoes to remember they weren't his. Snap, he forgot. And the shirt too... Oh well, that just gave him an excuse to search for her at school. Who knows, maybe she'd act differently at school.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
Stupid evil evil evil evil AP tests! They're OVER!! W00t!!!!! Over! Done! ... But I failed... >.> Except the french literature... but I don't think I did so well on that... Then I failed the SAT IIs... then I learned my grandpa died... @.@ This week's been all over the place...
 
So sorry if the end of this chapter sucked, I just kinda wanted to finish it to give you something to read while I-- work on my other stories... ^^;; *cough* Well I have to keep it balanced... ish... which I'm not doing... But you're welcome to read my other stories (even though I suck at summaries) some others aren't that bad, if I dare say so myself. =]
 
Some poems (one of them “words of wisdom” according to a reviewer” are on fosff.org and fictionzone.org feel free to read if you have the time.
 
Also, if you keep checking my profile from time to time, you'll see some changes in the bottom section (with all the stories thing) and that'll give you an idea of how many different ideas roam my head and explain the slow writing process...
 
Anywho, thanks for reading this really long after-- story thing... Review if you enjoyed! :P
 
(1) It does make sense, it's not an error... just have to get my meaning... @@
 
Kotori-chan: Yay! ^^ A new fan! =D Thank you thank you for being the very first one to review! This chapter shall be dedicated to you (in case you didn't read it yet) just... because. ^-^ I'm just a tad crazy these days and stupid cramming for my exams next week drives me insane and makes me procrastinate more!
 
Dragon of the Darkened Flame: Lol maybe if you had-- wings? Just a suggestion :P I hope you had the patience to wait for this chapter.
 
NiteMistris09X: Glad you liked it! And hopefully you had enough patience. :P
 
animefangirl91: Of course I'll continue. At least-- until it's over... which made no sense...
 
Kitsune of Darkness: Thank you thank you! The tests that count are over, but now we have the STAR testing... stupid standardized tests... >.> Lets hope I passed... though I'm pretty sure otherwise. >.< :P Glad you like it! I'll do my best to finish this chapter as soon as-- I find time? *cough* Lame excuse, just 2 math homeworks to make up, and a test and I'm done! Better hurry so I can finish... not like it makes a difference to you since you finished reading the chapter already... @_@ Confusing... ^^;; Anyway! Thanks for reviewing!