Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ Lucky day? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I love reviewers!!! ^-^ They make me feel special. So thank you all!
 
Disclaimer: No, still nada... Sorry but I can't own such a great series overnight... It takes time, effort and $$!
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 4: Lucky day?
 
Putting the dishes in the dishwasher after a succulent dinner, Kurama bid good night to his mother and went into his room, changing in his pajamas with half a mind. He barely noticed he put his pants on backwards. “I wonder what she meant by saying she didn't feel like killing someone anymore...” he pondered in a mutter, folding his arms under his head.
 
And what a strange phenomenon that happened with her aura. He was positive it wasn't spirit energy but it felt-- strong. Closing his eyes, Kurama heard the conversation again, words echoing in his head, bouncing off one side to echo on the other. Without noticing, he slipped into a deep sleep.
 
So deep Kurama nearly jumped out of his skin when a hand grabbed his shoulder and shook him awake. “Shuichi, you're going to be late!” Kurama's eyes widened, he overslept!? Sheesh, having Sachi on his mind before sleeping didn't seem like a good idea after all.
 
Hurrying into his pink uniform, Kurama rushed out of the house without breakfast and was halfway to school when his communicator rang. Stopping at the corner of an alley, he picked it up “Yes, what is it?”
 
I have an urgent mission for you, Yusuke's stubbornness got the best of me and Kuwabara-- couldn't possibly do this mission alone. I can't locate Hiei either...” trailed the ruler of Reikai, Koenma. Kurama sighed softly and nodded for him to continue, getting he was the one and only last resort.
 
~*~
Rose whip!” yelled Kurama, barely dodging the blast of spirit energy that nearly ripped his head off. The demon ducked at the last moment, snickering loudly at Kurama's futile attempt to stop him.
 
I will destroy that ningen city.” he sneered in his oh so ugly voice, “The likes of you won't stop me!” And another blast of spirit energy hit Kurama right in the chest, knocking him back a few feet.
 
When Kurama opened his eyes, the street was empty. The demon had vanished. “Damnit!” he cursed loudly, hurriedly getting back up on his feet, only then noticing he was bleeding again. He clenched his jaw to repress a painful groan. His wound was open again, and it was worse...
 
How long had he been out? Judging by the sun, at least twenty minutes. “Shit, this isn't good!” he snapped at himself, sniffing the air to find the lingering scent of the demon he was supposed to kill. Or at least prevent the destruction of this city! Or anything else for that matter...
 
Trying to ignore the weird stares he got from people walking by, Kurama followed the faint trail the demon had unintentionally left behind. He covered his wound as best as he could with one arm, hoping he wouldn't meet anybody he knew...
 
Finally he turned left, entering the ugly part of town where all the drunkards, rapists, murderers, thieves and fellow asylum escapee lived. Swallowing dryly, Kurama kept on walking, on the lookout for that demon. He could hear snickers and wolf whistles as he walked by. He had to suppress a frown from forming on his face, if he didn't, he'd be in trouble...
 
Hey there pretty boy.” greeted an ugly, tall and obviously drunk man. His stench was so strong Kurama wondered why he hadn't picked it up as soon as he entered this part of town. “Have any cash for me?”
 
I'm sorry I don't think I do.” politely replied Kurama, avoiding the man's blood shot eyes as he walked around him.
 
Don't give me that crap!” shouted the drunkard, spitting in an oh so fashionable manner. “You're a stinkin' rich bastard, give me your money!”
 
Kurama closed his eyes while dodging the tall man's lame attempt to grab him. “I told you I don't have any. Please don't bother me unless you want to get hurt.” replied Kurama in his usual calm manner. It was hard to believe he cursed earlier...
 
His eyes snapped open, 'There!' Kurama dashed away from the loud, obnoxious drunk and ran towards the stronger demon scent. He had to be there! With his graceful speed, Kurama avoided any obstacles and finally found himself facing the back of the demon.
 
Gotcha!” snapped the demon, suddenly turning around, his fangs growing longer as his clawed hand grabbed Kurama's throat. He was too surprised to do anything, he thought he had been quiet! His eyes were wide open until he felt something sharp sinking into his neck.
 
A loud, agonizing scream escaped Kurama's mouth as he felt himself grow weak. Since when did this type of demon suck out your blood? The demon chuckled, satisfied with his blood intake. “Hmm, demon blood. My favorite. But yours, dear Youko, is quite special and tasty.”
 
If Kurama could have asked something, he would have, but right this instant he was too drained to do anything so he helplessly watched the demon lick his bloody lips clean. 'Vampire... descendant... I-- forgot...' dizzily thought the red head, trying to fight the black dots clouding his already hazy vision.
 
He fell completely on his side, his eyes now closed, feeling blood trickle down his neck. Nobody would find him here... Nobody with good intentions at least. 'Are those-- footsteps?'
 
Hey you.” snapped a familiar voice, “What the hell are you doing with him?”
 
Get lost, onna.” growled the demon's deep voice. “He's mine.”
 
Hell no he isn't. Not if I have a say in it.”
 
A deep growl met that reply. Alright, so the demon was pissed. What next? “I'll drain you of your blood if you don't piss off!”
 
The girl rolled her eyes, crossing her arms on her chest. “Oh great. More threats. Is that one I should take seriously or is it just another empty one?”
 
To answer that, the demon leaped on her, his mouth wide open. The girl dropped down, waiting for the guy -she honestly didn't know better- to be right above her before unleashing a kick that managed to send that flying corpse into a brick wall before falling into an open dumpster.
 
A snort was heard when the lid of the dumpster fell on the head of the guy who was already getting up. “Amateur.” spat the girl, taking a few steps towards the barely conscious red head. “You seem to make it a habit to be in trouble whenever I'm around...” she mused quietly, smiling slightly.
 
Sachi's smile vanished when she noticed Kurama's skin color. It was pale. Really, really pale. “Oh, shit.” muttered Sachi, one hand pushing her hair back on her shoulders. She took out a black handkerchief from her pocket and quickly wrapped it around his neck, noticing some blood dripping out of his mouth too.
 
'This isn't going to do the trick...' she frowned deeply, hearing the dumpster explode into tiny metal pieces. Raising her head slowly, her jaw set firmly, Sachi glared at the guy who approached slowly, cracking his neck. He looked pissed. Actually, he probably was beyond pissed...
 
What did you do to him?” she inquired coldly, standing up in a blink, her fists clenched. She didn't know why the hell she cared. She just did. He seemed like a nice guy. And the fact that he was about to die pissed her off.
 
I warned you onna,” sneered the demon with a smirk, revealing his ugly fangs, “that I'd suck your blood out unless you buzzed off.”
 
Sachi glared, feeling her anger rising. What an arrogant bastard. “Is bragging all you do?” she snapped, positioning her right foot further back than her left one. She'd kick that bastard's ass back to Russia if she needed to.
 
The demon chuckled loudly, his eyes -more like snake slits- glared full heartedly at the mortal girl in front of him. “I'll take great pleasure in torturing you slowly, and I won't kill you even when you beg for death!” and he leaped on her again, his clawed hands extended in front of him.
 
Surprised at the change in speed, Sachi barely managed to dodge his frontal assault, resulting in two deep gashes in her right shoulder. The demon then rolled in the air, managing to land not on the ground, but on the wall where he kicked himself off to nearly fly towards a stunned Sachi.
 
What happened next, Sachi doesn't really know. All she can remember is feeling something sharp in her right shoulder, her head and back hitting the wall as her butt hit the floor, a black curtain assailed her vision and when she was able to see again, the guy was dead.
 
Groaning as she stood up, Sachi glanced at the corpse, frowning as she noticed he was cut in half vertically. “What the--” but she was interrupted by a cough. Whirling around, she remembered all about pretty boy! “Oh yeah-- shit!” she cursed, kneeling next to him before gently pulling him into a sitting position.
 
Apparently, blood had entered his lungs because he sure was coughing up a lot of it. “Great...” she nibbled on her bottom lip, debating whether to get him to a place before or do it now. “Screw it.” she whispered and took off the black handkerchief she had tied around his bleeding neck a few minutes before.
 
This may be awkward, but I think it'll work...” she mumbled to him, putting his head on her right shoulder as she leaned down to the right side of his neck. She saw four bite marks, like some kind of leeches would leave... except-- not? Taking in a small breath, Sachi placed her lips over the first wound. It was small, yes, but it sure let out a lot of blood.
 
Remembering something from a magazine on how to suck out poison, Sachi began to gently suck out Kurama's blood in the hope it would help heal him quicker. Meanwhile Kurama, who had been more or less out of it with just the knowledge of someone holding him, snapped his eyes open at the strange and unexpected feeling coming from his neck.
 
He knew that smell... It was-- that girl's smell. He blinked slowly, trying to push the haze haunting his mind away. 'Sa-sachi... that was her name...' he finally remembered. He felt something drip down his throat and coughed again, spitting out the nasty taste. 'It's-- it's poisoned?'
 
Sachi removed her lips from his neck, her mouth full of blood and spat it on the ground next to her, feeling her tongue itch slightly. She thought she heard the cute red head mutter something but brushed it off before sucking on the second small wound, then repeated the process until she had sucked all four wounds clean of dirty blood.
 
Wiping her lips free of the pretty boy's blood, Sachi wrapped her handkerchief around his neck -this time for good- before wiping his bloody mouth on her hand. “It's your lucky day I guess...” said the girl softly, slinging one of his arm around her neck as she pulled him up.
 
Kurama barely registered what the heck was going on, but one thing was certain: using his rose whip in his condition could only be harmful... Don't tell me you just thought the demon dropped dead of his own accord right? Of course not! Kurama, when Sachi's vision went blank -more like black- used his rose whip to slice the demon in half.
 
Great... just the night I came out to beat the shit out of someone I have to land on you. Tough luck I guess, but you're lucky I got my bike today.” she kept on talking to the barely conscious boy. “Oi! Are you listening?” she glanced down at him when he didn't answer and noticed his head was touching his chest, his long red hair covering his face.
 
A sigh escaped her lips and she walked quietly to her black motorcycle. Shifting him so that she could grab him under the arms, she slung one of his legs over the motorcycle and then sat behind him, one hand holding him at the waist. Sachi turned on her engine, took the crutch off and let the roar echo through the night as she sped towards her house.
 
Heck she had no idea where he lived anymore... Sure he showed her once, but that didn't mean she had to remember. Besides, he showed her during the day. At night, everything looked different. Letting the wind play with her hair, Sachi wove in and out of lines the cars created, well there wasn't much of a traffic close to eleven but-- nonetheless, she expertly avoided all the red lights and cops.
 
Accelerating on the last straight line, Sachi then grabbed the breaks, only to notice they didn't work. “What the bloody--!?!” She tried again and again, the front ones, the rear ones... They didn't work! “Goddamnit!” she slammed her fist on the handlebar, reaffirming her grip on Kurama's chest as she took the last turn a bit too fast and there they went flying off...
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
Wow... I can't believe I finished this already! o.o One day... I wrote it all in one day! (Short day too...) I guess I didn't feel like writing another story ^^;; You guys should feel lucky... I have a good vibe and new ideas for this story... well random, but hopefully it'll turn out ok. =D
 
So, who wants a lemon later?
 
Constantine: Yay first reviewer! :P You're the forth person to tell me you love Sachi... and I still don't know why... o.O It's an interesting phenomenon... Is she really that different from the other OCs out there? @.@ Anyway... was this chapter any good?
 
kahuffstix: ^^ Reviews make me happy, thus you make me happy! It's a wonderful feeling to start the day... >.> *cough* Excuse the hyperness and randomness... I'll get started on the next chapter asap but of course that means nothing to you since you already read it... oO