Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ Can't deny it ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Did I ever tell you guys how much I love you?? If not, well I'm saying it: I love you!!!!! The reviews make me really really happy... No joke. It made my day so much brighter and hyper-er... I went to see Pirates 2 at the first midnight showing and that totally made my day (I still have the music stuck in my head) but the reviews, made it all better! <3! And Superman was really good. I thought...
 
Notice: So there won't be a lemon after all. Good thing, because to be honest, I wasn't really sure how and when to include it. So... yeah, no lemon... ^-^
 
Disclaimer: I wish... but then again, so does everybody. I own Sachi and the wonderful plot. Don't steal!
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 7: Can't deny it
 
Talk about complications. First of all, that ningen was not supposed to get involved. And how the heck she did he had no idea but apparently she had her share of the poison too.
 
What will the almighty Jaganshi do?” snickered the demon, hopping from one foot to another teasingly, “Let her die and pitifully try to kill me? Or just end her suffering?” and he burst out in a hysterical laughter. If anyone had to take a vote for the most demented demon, he'd be the one.
 
Tsk. Talk all you want. I'm only here for one thing.” growled Hiei, aiming his katana in front of him in an offensive stance.
 
Oh yes, yes... my blood. I know, but futile. That won't heal your precious friend at all.” innocently smiled the demon, well, as innocent as he could try to be.
 
Hiei frowned, making no verbal answer. He expected the demon to explain before he killed him which could possibly cause regrets later on. Bummer! “I can see you're angry.” chuckled the demon, running a pale finger over his cold lips.
 
Angry wasn't really quite-- cutting it. Hiei felt like charging madly but knew that would solve nothing, unfortunately. If it weren't for a small whimper of pain, he'd still be glaring murderously, but now that he got back on track, he shot a glance at the suffering teenager.
 
Sachi's body was trembling on its own and although she had stopped strangling herself, she scratched her skin like a madwoman as if that could help her get rid of the pain. Hiei rolled his eyes, 'Baka onna.' and he was forced to use his Jagan to make her stop moving, or else it would make everything more difficult.
 
Her body kept shaking but at least she wasn't injuring herself any further, jeez what a moron. Well, considering the odds, she really didn't have a chance to survive, so why hurry your fate right?
 
A magnificent sight you rob me of, Hiei.” snarled the demon, getting impatient. He needed blood, and he needed it now.
 
An angered snarl made both guys turn their head towards the only girl in the room. Yes, the injured one, the crippled one, the crazy one, the masochist one, none other than Sachi! I'll cut down on theatrics and introductions now...
 
She laughed dryly, not able to stand up at all, but she still picked a fight with that asshole. “You make me sick.” she spat out, her face distorted with anger. Hiei's frown narrowed, what was that change in-- the atmosphere? No wait-- it was coming from her...
 
Yap yap yap, that's all you ever do silly girl.” replied the demon, blurring right above her, his face leaned over hers, his eyes glowing with an intense thirst for blood. “But don't worry, soon you'll be as quiet as a grave.” he growled, his hand already clamped around her burning throat.
 
Shut up. You're such an ass. Can't you die already?” hissed Sachi as his hand tightened around her throat, making her wince from both the poison and the lack of air.
 
Hiei had enough of idly waiting around and decided to take advantage of the fact that baka demon was distracted by the baka girl. Using his uncommonly rapid speed, Hiei appeared behind the demon and put his katana to his throat.
 
Move, and you die.”
 
The demon made a funny face, trying to inch away from that frighteningly close blade before he smirked. “And if you move, she dies.”
 
I don't care. I came here for you.” replied Hiei coldly, not even sparing Sachi a glance to reassure her or-- something. Nope, nothing.
 
Gasping for air, she closed her eyes, the pain seemed dulled when she had no oxygen in her blood. While drifting towards the dark, slumberous abyss of unconsciousness, Sachi had to wonder whatever happened to that injured pretty boy... 'And I was-- so sure I helped him...' she thought ironically, remembering the guy saying sucking the poison out really didn't work.
 
~*~
She can't stay here Kurama.” said the old pink haired woman, her hands clasped behind her back.
 
I know...” he replied softly, barely able to stand, “But I doubt she'll wake any time soon...”
 
If she did, she'd ask questions you're not allowed to answer. I know you understand the seriousness of the situation, so think a bit more about where she could stay until she's completely better.” sighed Genkai before leaving Kurama.
 
He couldn't believe Hiei had taken Sachi. He thought for sure the fire demon wouldn't bother. But apparently, he was wrong... If he recalled correctly, when he asked Hiei why he did such a thing, he was answered “Hn. That baka thought she helped you. I couldn't let it go to waste.” or something similar.
 
It's true that Hiei had paralyzed the demon after Sachi fainted and brought them both back to Genkai's temple. Thanks to that, Kurama was saved in time, and so was Sachi although Genkai and Hiei noticed that the poison in her was at least ten times stronger... They both wondered what made the difference because it hadn't spread as much in her.
 
Kurama blinked, 'I didn't even know he bit her... Then maybe, it's because she tried sucking out the poison that it spread faster, and since nobody did for her, it spread slower but with a deadlier concentration.' Yes, that had to be it.
 
But back to the start: what will he do with her now? Sachi's been asleep for two straight days, some poison was still within her and the injury on her leg finally seemed to get better after they got rid of that infection. 'I can't believe her bike is ruined.' he thought, wondering how the hell she could've gotten into an accident in the first place.
 
Detective Kurama to the rescue! He shivered slightly, a disgusting fact popping into his head randomly. The origin of the antidote. Gross. But, at least it did the trick. To think that a salivary gland from the demon's mouth actually secreted the normal antidote... who would have thought?
 
At least his blood was back to normal: it was red, hallelujah! And the wound from his previous mission was finally healed, thanks Yukina. If he kept on dragging it like that, healed getting injured over and over again, it would've gotten infected for sure.
 
Standing up slowly, making sure he wouldn't fall over, Kurama headed for the room next door. The quiet one with only a futon in it. Well, an occupied futon that is. Quietly sliding the paper door open, he stepped inside and stared down at the sleeping figure once again.
 
He still couldn't it figure it out. He knew there was something special about her, he didn't know what exactly... Maybe he should have Koenma dig into that, just for kicks... Oh who is he kidding? He was curious, that was all. And Hiei told him that too, he had noticed. It wasn't spirit energy, it was as if Sachi sucked up emotions from people.
 
'... She doesn't look like a madwoman when she's sleeping...' he thought, smiling at his own joke. She looked somewhat peaceful, if it wasn't for the emotionless expression she wore. 'I wonder... if what she said was true...' he remembered when she told her story to the Yankees. A stupid superstition eh?
 
I wonder what happened to your parents...” he whispered, the tip of his fingers brushing the lone strand of hair covering her closed eye. Sighing softly, he resigned himself to the one and only solution: he'd take Sachi back to his house.
 
After all, she took him to hers twice, and he was pretty banged up both times. So wouldn't it be just to pay his debt too? There was just one problem: his mom. What would she say if she found out? '... She better not find out.' he told himself and stood up.
 
After finding Genkai meditating with a cup of green tea in front of her, he took a small breath before disturbing her. “Sorry to disturb you Genkai, but I've reached a conclusion about the girl.” he told her, seeing her open her eyes.
 
And?”
 
I'll... take her to my house.” continued Kurama, looking down at his hands. He didn't know why it was embarrassing to say that to Genkai. It's not like she was his mother or anything! But when he saw her smile knowingly, he couldn't help but blush a little.
 
It's only fair... I'm in her debt.” he added to justify his action.
 
Genkai closed her eyes, the smile still on her lips, “Yes, but a hospital room could have been more suitable. The fact that you chose your house just proves one thing.”
 
Kurama raised an eyebrow, barely lifting his head to look at the wise and all knowing Genkai. “And that is--?”
 
That you want her close and under your protection.” smirked Genkai, noticing Kurama's blush become stronger than before. “It's quite natural for foxes to be protective.” she added before closing her eyes again and diving back into meditation, indicating their talk was over.
 
Kurama blinked and hurried out of the room, well, as fast as he could, he was still rather weak after all. 'I'm not protective... I just-- owe her a lot.' he miserably tried to convince himself. Inner battles are the worst and the fiercest. Hence why he lost... Maybe he was too much of a fox. Not that he could help it...
 
Oh, there you are.” said a soft, timid voice. Lifting his head up, he saw the gentle Yukina with a glass in hand and he stopped walking, otherwise he would've bumped into her. Talk about day dreaming...
 
I made this for you. It'll help heal you faster and your strength will return.” smiled the short ice koorime.
 
Oh, thank you very much Yukina-san.” he bowed his head after taking the drink. She made no answer and disappeared just as she had appeared: silently. Sighing softly, Kurama walked back into Sachi's room -which was right next to his- and sat against the wall under the window, sipping the wonder-filled drink.
 
Yukina was right, he already felt better. He wondered if such a drink would work on Sachi... 'No, stop thinking about her. She's just... tired.'
 
~*~
Luckily for Kurama, his mother happened to have stayed late at work that night, so it was easy getting Sachi inside without anyone noticing. Thanks to Shizuru -Kuwabara's dear older sister- who drove them both back safely.
 
Sighing softly, Kurama pushed his door open with his foot, his hands were too busy holding onto Sachi he had grown very fond of, hence very protective. Setting her gently on his bed, he then went to cook dinner, making sure to close the door to his room just in case his mom would... peek inside for no reason.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
So... I was *randomly* watching this episode of Dark Tournament... when Kurama has his Death Plant in him and is unconscious. Bakken hits him, and they use the word “defenseless” and... I just thought-- how ironic. ^^;;
 
Dragon of the Darkened Flame: Lol why would it sound weird?? I must say, you really really made my day and made me hyper-er!! I went to see Pirates 2 at midnight and I have the music stuck in my head, but now your reviews make me blush and super happy. ^-^ I'm so glad you like it!
 
kahuffstix: Very good point... well, better make Hiei hear that. Right Hiei? *dodges katana* ... He's not very-- talkative... >.> I hope you liked this chapter! n.n
 
chocolatecat: Lol, just like you said. I'm waiting to read the rest too! Except-- I need to write it first... @@ Bummer... :P The reviews are certainly getting more interesting. ^^;;
 
DamnBlackHeart: Oh yes yes, I do know what you mean about the interaction. Well, we'll just have to see won't we? :P I'm glad this was worth while then. >.> I still say it's all that headache's fault. ^^;; Ahem, anyway, my creativity's back and running! Hopefully it's a good thing. Hopefully...
 
bee bee: Lol, no the demon isn't gay (... I think...) :P And be reassure, I won't put a lemon. It's true that I don't know who's reading, but since I put PG13... I should suspect that. -.- Dumb me. >.>