Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ Tough luck: busted ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just can't stop writing... Maybe I'm an addict of my own story. o_O Hmm... Strange... Anyway, this creepy guy at work today kept staring at me... and he asked for my number... and where I lived. So I lied and told him I was seeing someone. Jeez... @@
 
Disclaimer: I wish, but no... Although... I own the plot most people to love in addition to my OC!
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 8: Tough luck: busted
 
Oh Shuichi, you're just so wonderful...” smiled Shiori, his dear mother, seeing the dinner ready and the table set.
 
You look exhausted... Are you alright?” asked a concerned son -one of the few.
 
Yes dear, just a bit tired... Thank you for cooking dinner.”
 
Kurama just smiled and pecked her cheek, “You're welcome. I knew you'd be tired if you stayed late.” And they both sat down and enjoyed the warm, deliciously cooked food. And after putting all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, Kurama excused himself. “I'm sorry mother but I'm quite tired as well. Good night.”
 
Have a good night Shuichi.” replied Shiori still smiling gently.
 
Sighing in relief, Kurama closed his door behind him. He blinked until his eyes adjusted to the semi darkness of his room. She hadn't moved at all. If he didn't know better, he could have thought she was dead... Walking quietly towards the bed, the fox listened intently and slightly smiled when he heard Sachi's faint breathing.
 
Now, one slight problem... where the heck was he going to sleep? Having a girl in his bed was one thing, don't get me wrong, he wasn't thinking any perverted thoughts, he was just-- troubled since he hadn't thought that far ahead. He couldn't possibly sleep on the couch or his mom would discover what he was trying so hard to hide.
 
He was about to come up with an idea when he heard a soft, almost silent whimper. Raising an eyebrow inquisitively, he sat on the edge of the bed, blinking down at the sleeping and undisturbed figure, wondering what caused her -that tough, bipolar Yankee- to whimper like a cub.
 
Before dear Kurama had time to ponder that lovely thought, an arm shot up in the air -grazing his arm in the process- and clumsily moved around, apparently searching for something that wasn't there... Or was it?
 
Oof!” Poor -or should I say lucky?- Kurama has just been grabbed and forcefully pulled down. On top of Sachi. What the heck was running through her head!? Trying to sit back up slowly, Kurama didn't notice -or purposely failed to notice- her second arm grabbing him over his shoulder and holding onto his back, like a frightened child.
 
S-sachi--” he stuttered, deeply flustered, his face red like a lobster. She was a girl, and maybe she didn't think much of a hug. But he, was a guy. And a guy... is a guy. He kept trying to sit back up but her grip really was too tight. How the heck could she manage to hold him down? ... But then again, he remembered the first time he met her: she pushed him down forcefully and that convinced him to stay down.
 
But this, was an entirely different matter. Well... ok so he didn't have a choice both times, but this time it was her fault! ... But so was last time. Confusing... Anyway! He got stuck laying on top of her from shoulder to mid stomach, thank goodness it wasn't completely on his almost healed wound, and his legs were halfway on the ground and on the bed.
 
So! To make himself more comfortable -he was pretty sure she wouldn't let go of him even a tornado tore the house down- he heaved his legs on the bed and awkwardly -really awkwardly- made it so that he was laying parallel to her. But was still more or less on her. Darn strong grip...
 
After a few quiet and extremely long minutes passed by, Kurama began to think it wasn't all that bad. At least his mom didn't come in like she sometimes did. Good thing! Very, very good thing! It could be worse right? Yeah... just think if they were both-- naked. But we all know they weren't! Hence why his shirt ended up wrinkled the next morning...
 
Speaking of which, he woke up at daybreak and blinked. Something warm was under him. Blink. His eyes widened considerably and he scurried off the sleeping teenager of the opposite sex that happened to have been his mattress all night. Not like she noticed anything... but at least she let him go now.
 
Sighing in relief, Kurama made his hair neat and shiny with one flick of the wrist and glanced down at his outfit. Wrinkled. Whoops... How the heck was he supposed to go to school in a wrinkled uniform? Drats, maybe he'd have to call in sick... He wasn't feeling too well anyway.
 
He took off the wrinkled pink jacket and started unbuttoning his white shirt so that he could take the itchy bandages off. After struggling with them for a few minutes -putting them on someone was quite different than taking them off yourself- he finally got rid of them all and dumped them in his trash can, making a mental note to empty it himself.
 
Kurama looked at his wound and saw it nearly healed although the mark on his neck was still visible. 'I wonder... if hers are still there...' he thought and advanced towards the asleep Sachi. Putting his right knee on the edge of the bed, the fox leaned forward, his hair falling down over his left shoulder and covering his cheek.
 
Hesitantly, his barely trembling fingers managed to get a light grip on Sachi's shirt from the neck line. Taking in a small breath, the daring Kurama finally made his move! He slowly, pulled the shirt sideways until the shoulder was uncovered, and lets just acknowledge that his face drew relatively closer to hers in the process.
 
That's when-- he heard footsteps stopping, the door opening and a short gasp. All coming from his dear mother. Whirling his head sideways so that he could look at her, he saw her face go from wide eyes to flustered embarrassment. How embarrassing for him.
 
I-it's not what you think!” he stuttered, instantly standing up straight. Now isn't that going to make Shiori a bit suspicious? Seriously, how many people say that when... really it is what people think at first?
 
Alright, alright, enough confusing you. But for Shuichi's dear mother, seeing his son leaning above some unknown girl with his shirt open and his hand gripping her shirt... What is a mother to think!?
 
Shiori made no reply and simply and hurriedly closed the door with her face turned the other way, but if Kurama hadn't known better, he could've sworn he saw a tiny smile on her lips.
 
Crap. Busted! What was he supposed to say now? Or-- or, how was he even supposed to act!? For one thing, the smart fox was for once at a loss. Mark that on a calendar for future reference...
 
'Great... what the hell am I going to do now?' he thought rather desperately, running a hand through his thick red hair. Gathering a small amount of courage -enough to open the door and go downstairs- Kurama took a long, calming breath and went to find his mother, who was on the verge of leaving for work.
 
Mother... It's not-- what you think.” he forced himself to stutter out, trying to control his flustered face.
 
A gentle smile answered him, “Shuichi, I have no business interfering with your love life... but you could have told me we had a guest...” Kurama's heart throbbed painfully. That look-- was she disappointed in him? Wait a second-- love life!? It was nothing like that!
 
W-wait! She's not-- I mean we're not...” Shiori just smiled and caressed his cheek once.
 
I have to go to work... You seem awfully tired. Why don't you rest today? I'm sure you'll have no problem catching up on what you'll miss at school.”
 
So... she invited, no-- she advised him to ditch huh? Cool mom. Kurama's mouth opened. There was so much more he needed to tell her, to convince her that what he did was right. But out the door Shiori went and Kurama's mouth closed at the same time as the front door.
 
Sighing once again, Kurama slowly ascended the stairs back upstairs and glanced at himself in a mirror. He didn't think he looked tired... So why would his mom tell him to stay home?
 
'... Probably to look after Sachi...' he concluded, even though... he didn't know she'd tell him something like that. I mean, Sachi just looked like she was sleeping right? So how could Shiori have known Sachi was... sort of sick? 'Motherly intuition perhaps?'
 
Entering his room once again, his eyes slightly widened. “What?” asked Sachi, an eyebrow raised inquisitively.
 
... Are you-- sure you should be up? You slept for three days straight...”
 
Sachi shrugged, “I'm fine. My shoulder just itches that's all. Besides, I heard some noise...” she mumbled, rubbing her temples briefly. She had a damn headache. Must be from not drinking anything for three days.
 
Kurama nodded but didn't say anything, he just went to get something to drink. He was thirsty himself. And since he was a gentleman, of course he took back something to drink for her. “Here.” he slightly smiled, handing her a glass full of water.
 
Thanks.” she replied softly, thankfully drinking that. Nice and fresh. Boy did it feel good to be hydrated again.
 
Nibbling on the inside of his bottom lip, Kurama hesitated between asking or not asking... Hell with it, he'd just be blunt. “So uuh... what do you remember from-- whatever you remember last?” he managed to ask in a question that made very little sense. But it made enough sense to Sachi.
 
She blinked slowly and sighed softly, trying to recall whatever happened. “... Some dude who looked like a freak... and I thought he was dead. Maybe he had an evil twin or something.”
 
Kurama inwardly sighed loudly in relief. 'Good... she doesn't remember the part about the venom... or anything.'
 
But you know... you should think about investing in a body guard.” she shook her head sadly at him.
 
An awkward stare answered her. “Huh?”
 
No it's true. Every time -and I mean every time- I run into you, you're in some sort of trouble.” softly sighed Sachi, putting a hand to her forehead as if the amount of work was tremendous.
 
Kurama chuckled, “I didn't realize... Sorry.” he slightly sweat dropped. For a second, he thought she knew something about-- his secret life. But how could she know? Besides having seen the dead body and then a living body of that demon. Yes but no, she couldn't possibly know.
 
Not like I mind helping, don't get me wrong. Kicking ass is always fun. Just that, don't make it a habit or else, I'l be forced to kick your ass to knock some sense back in you.” smirked Sachi, her eyes sparkling with light laughter.
 
I'll make a note.” laughed Kurama, shaking his head in amusement. “Oh, while you were playing Sleeping Beauty for the past few days, I've made inquires about your bike.”
 
Sachi's head perked up, interested. It was as if her ears just grew another inch.
 
The police came after you-- left the accident scene, with me.” he added in a cough before continuing, “and judging from their investigation. Your brakes were cut.”
 
A long pause ensued before Sachi chuckled softly, “Figured. Only bitches play low and dirty.” she grinned, probably thinking of some sweet revenge.
 
...” Kurama didn't answer. First because, he wasn't supposed to know about her encounter in the alley. And second, he wouldn't stick his nose in that business. He wasn't really interested in local street thugs affairs, even though one person was mixed up in them.
 
Oh don't worry, I'll be out of your way soon enough.” said Sachi when she saw him look serious.
 
Uh no that's not what I--”
 
That's ok. No need to worry about me. I'll just kick their bitchy little ass and make them pay me a new bike. Nothing outrageous, just a couple thousand bucks.” chuckled Sachi.
 
Kurama sighed softly, “Sachi... I need to ask... What-- makes you special?” he demanded, his eyes shining in a strange way. Sympathetic, almost sad.
 
The teenager turned her hazel eyes away from him, losing her smile. She could feel tears form in her eyes. She didn't know why. Not really. “... People like you.” she muttered as a reply.
 
Frowning, he inquired further. “What do you mean “people like me”? Aren't we all the same?” Says the demon. Talk about ironic.
 
... I guess not.” softly replied Sachi, still avoiding his gaze, one hand quickly wiping her eyes. She had no reason to cry! Why was she crying? “My... parents left because of some superstition...” whispered the tough girl, now resembling a frail child.
 
Ah, there it was. He didn't even have to pull it out of her, she was spilling it herself. “Superstition?” repeated Kurama, pretending to have heard that for the first time.
 
Sachi sighed, “Yeah... it's a long story...”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
Alrighty! Chapter 8: done! I know I know, I'm... trying to make it mushy then un-mushy... >.> Did it work? I'm not going to make this extremely romantic, after all “romance” isn't in the genres... So, the ending shall be... original. I hope... you'll let me know when that comes. ^^;; I think I'll end this at chapter 10. I have lots of other stories to write... and sincerely, my idea was for-- two or three chapters at most. The rest was made on the spot. *sheepish smile* So review if you wish, I really really appreciate those of you that took the time to review previously. Thank you!
 
kahuffstix: ^^ Thank you and I should add more soon... I like this story and for some reason I can write a chapter in about 2 hours if I don't have to get off the computer. o.O Unusual... but I like it. :P
 
bee bee: Lol! That is true... << >> Nope, none here. *sees shadow on the screen* Err-- *gulp* Anyway... for some reason, I write this story faster than any other and... well... I will update soon even after you read this because I have some sort of ease writing. o.O
 
chocolatecat: Hehe I did update rather quickly, but I intend to update even more quickly! The problem is... the end is near (I think...) >.> But, fear not! It should be a good ending. Err, didn't actually think of anything yet... But yeah, I'm glad you're still hooked-- I mean-- addicted-- I mean! A fan! Yeah... ^^;;
 
DamnBlackHeart: Lol yes, a random part... sort of. :P I thought it was funny too because, in my point of view he's really confident when fighting, but when it comes to love... Well... >.> I think he didn't have a lot of experience with that. :P
 
kara mcpherson: Well we'll see what happens... might or might not be romantic... but since I didn't put it as a genre, I'll do minimal... I kind of, sort of know what to do for an ending... So-- who knows, might just end sooner than I think... Once I explain everything.