Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ Secret's out! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well... this is it! The last, final chapter... I hope you're ready for this! ... As ready as you can be anyway... >_> Sorry it took this long to update, but-- I got my permit! And... I'm working all weekend again and-- it's way-- too-- hot!
 
I have to say... I had writer's block for this chapter. Sucks. What a gift to give to anxious readers. ;-; Sorry guys! I hope it meets your expectations?
 
Disclaimer: Wow, last disclaimer! Erm... I don't own any Yu Yu Hakusho stuff (well, now I do, just a Hiei plushie...) nor any characters mentioned or used for your entertainment.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 10: Secret's out!
 
So the princess got her breakfast served in bed, and she stayed the night again. Except this time, she met his mom. Dear god was he lucky. His mom was the sweetest, cutest, most adorable caring person Sachi ever met. Besides prince charming himself, of course.
 
In the end, Kurama went back to school the next day, and Sachi was left alone in the house. She still had a leg injury to heal and she didn't want to bother going to a hospital to be strapped down. She got slightly bored and figured, why the heck not try to walk?
 
And she did just that... Which was sort of a mistake. It hurt. No duh. 'Ok... so maybe I'm not all better yet.' grimaced Sachi before sitting on the chair in the front of the TV. She had managed to get halfway through Kurama's room. Woohoo, success!
 
Sighing softly, she zapped it on. Now guess, on which channel would it pop up to? Animal planet? History channel? How about just plain CNN? Correct answer? None of the above. A local news channel! Sachi rolled her eyes, 'B-o-r-i-n-g.'
 
Although, a headline caught her attention. “Breaking news! The owners of the...” The voice faded away as Sachi's eyes stared at the picture displayed on the screen. Her breath caught in her throat, her eyes widening slightly.
 
No-- fucking way.” she whispered, disbelieving. Leaving the television on, Sachi limped to the window and climbed out of it backwards. By that I mean she held onto the windowsill and let go, landing on her butt a story below.
 
So when obedient, courteous Kurama came back from school, he found his TV on and the chair pushed on the ground. “... Where did she go now?” he sweat dropped and put down his school stuff, opening his uniform jacket. It was really stuffy in this room...
 
Before turning the television off, Kurama noticed the scrolling breaking news: a couple just died in an accident. Slightly frowning, he closed his window and headed outside. Time to drag the sick back in bed.
 
Speaking of the sick-- she was limping in a hurried pace down the street, back towards her house. There was just something she needed to check. 'No-- it can't be them... It can't be!' she kept on shaking that thought from her mind, but it kept popping right back in.
 
Sneakily coming in from the back door -she always had bad experiences coming in from the front door- Sachi made her way to her room in absolute silence. Still quiet as a ghost, she closed her door and started searching for that, forgetting all about her aching leg.
 
Now go figure, she had been as silent as a spirit, and yet, her brother managed to hear her. Makes you wonder if he really was human. No worries, he actually is, he's just-- perceptive to certain things. Such as, noticing the back door creaked open.
 
Sachi had her hands on it when her door was kicked open, hence hitting the wall in a very loud manner, probably making her jump out of her skin twice. Her dear old brotherly neighbor was fuming. Guess he saw the news too. Just great, make her life living hell why don't you?
 
But don't let me stop you, go right ahead. Eh, of course he doesn't need my permission since he already had her slammed against the floor, one hand squeezing her throat tightly. Too fast for her to do anything, really. And he was stronger this time, maybe all this pent up frustration and rage. Who knows where it might come from? ... I wonder.
 
You-- you bitch!! I knew we should have gotten rid of you a hell of a lot sooner! You ruined everything!” he roared in her ear, even spitting on her lovely face.
 
Ok... That was very short lived. Barely managing to catch her breath, Sachi weakly kicked him in the chest, trying to push him off her. And failed. Right, you go girl! ... But not today. Why the hell did her day have to go from awesome to shitty in a second?
 
Get-- off, bastard!” she hissed, her eyes glaring murderously. She really would kick his ass, if it wasn't for the fact her leg throbbed like hell since she limped such a long distance.
 
~*~
Meanwhile, our favorite pretty boy was trying to remember which way was her house. 'Why is my memory failing me these past few days?' he thought, remembering that day when he forgot-- something -yes he did remember his memory failed him before. Oh great, so now he just couldn't remember? 'I give up.' he thought miserably and resumed walking.
 
~*~
Ugh--” It tasted-- like blood... Wide eyed, Sachi coughed once in surprise. That asshole actually stabbed her! Oh that-- bastard. He'd have it now! Wait... why was she so-- lightheaded?
 
Her world was getting blurry and-- out of focus... Somebody clean the lens please. How could a freaking pen hurt so much!? “D-damn you...” she hissed in between two short breaths, her fists clenching in anger.
 
Ok so maybe he hated her, and she hated him back. But that was no reason to kill her! ... Was it? Oh yeah... maybe that thing on the news... Shit, so now that Sachi was losing consciousness, what the hell was she supposed to do about her murderer?
 
Never mind! He just stood up and left her there, with a pen in her stomach and blood staining her shirt. What an ass. So! Trying to get a hold of herself, Sachi pushed herself up in a sitting position and slowly crawled to her desk, where she had been so close to finding the answer she needed.
 
Breathing heavily, she finally reached her desk, enough so that her right hand could blindly touch whatever was within reach.
 
And there it was... Her memory. Her hatred. Her sadness. Her loneliness...
 
Just a picture.
 
Sachi could feel blood trickling down her wound, just as she felt a tear trickle down her cheek. It had been so long-- so long since she saw their faces. And everything came flooding back.
 
~*Flashback*~
“Don't come near me!” screeched a terrified woman, covering her face with both hands as a small, young child sobbed confusedly at her mother's strange reaction.
 
Yes the cat had died after scratching her, and yes Sachi had hated the cat. But it was all a coincidence! She didn't kill the cat! It was all an accident and misunderstanding.
 
A few days later, Sachi woke up in a silent house. It was so quiet it scared her to death and she didn't come out of her room for a whole day until she heard somebody come in. The neighbors... and they weren't happy to find her there. They thought she had left with her parents. But no, she was still here.
 
So they had to keep her, since she was the heir of the house from being left behind. And as the year passed, especially after the wife died, a lot of-- “accidents” happened whenever Sachi was around. Of course nobody knew they were meant to kill her, but people began to fear her and perceived her as a bringer of bad luck.
 
And since that day, she felt lonelier than ever. The sadness she felt when her parents left her quadrupled and she just wanted to die or kick ass. But she took it out on others, not realizing she really sucked their anger and perceived it as her own. That's her childhood for you. All a big misunderstanding...
~*End flashback*~
 
Quiet footsteps. Definitely not that coward. Then-- who? Four fingers grabbed the door and pushed it open, revealing glowing red hair and a gentle smile. “It truly is a miracle I found your house again.” he joked softly then completely opened the door and glanced down at her.
 
His emerald eyes widened considerably. Not only was Sachi the punk stabbed, but she was crying! Now why the heck would she be crying? One possible solution: the pain was so unbearable. Heh, not so likely. Other solution: ... analyzing the current situation, something triggered it.
 
Duh, genius. 'A picture?' he raised an eyebrow while he sat in front of her, putting a gentle hand on her shoulder, which -of course- made her snap out of reminiscing mode. Sniffing quietly, Sachi slowly wiped her tears with both hands and chuckled softly.
 
Are you in some kind of trouble again?” she asked him with a tiny smile on her trembling lips.
 
Kurama smiled and shook his head, “No, not this time. Sorry to break the habit.” he apologized and stared at the pen in her flesh. “You on the other hand--”
 
Yeah... well, he caught me by surprise...” she replied miserably, wiping the tears under her nose with the back of her hand.
 
Looks like he got your liver.” frowned pretty boy, barely poking the pen. Sachi winced and held in a cough, her eyes snapping shut. “Painful I see...” he muttered and quickly decided to do what would be most efficient. Kurama stood up and immediately felt a hand firmly grab the hem of his shirt on his back.
 
Don't you dare.” she growled warningly, her eyes flashing threateningly even though they were a bit red from crying.
 
Dare to what?” he blinked innocently, looking at her over his left shoulder. “You don't seriously think you're in any shape to stop me from doing anything, are you?”
 
Watch me.” she smirked and in the blink of an eye, had him laying flat on his back.
 
'What a girl indeed.' thought Kurama, slightly amused. She wasn't your typical, ordinary, average high school girl. Nope, that's for sure. She could keep him entertained for hours. At least-- that's what he thought at the time.
 
Hearing another cough, Kurama frowned as the smell of blood got stronger. “Alright, you've pushed it far enough missy.” seriously said pretty boy, standing up quickly. “And don't spoil my victory... The only time I get to see you weakened.” he grinned before exiting the room to get a phone.
 
Sachi twitched and glared at his retreating back. 'That-- jerk...' she thought but couldn't help smirking right back at him. He was right after all. This would be the only time he'd get to help her instead of the usual her-helping-him routine they had established. It could possibly turn out quite entertaining after all...
 
Well, next thing she knew, a crowd of people were in her room. Everything was fuzzy, and the voices didn't even reach her that well... It seemed the station wasn't tuned properly. Sachi's eyebrows felt like lead, and they drooped shut as she felt hands gently grabbing her and putting on something-- that moved.
 
Once in the street however, it seemed the volume of the not-so-tuned radio was turned fully up. Murmurs, sirens, bits and pieces of exclamations, cars honking in the distance. Why the heck was everything so noisy? Then it went quiet, and even though her eyes were shut, she could feel the flashing lights of the ambulance every time they turned.
 
Heart rate dropping!”
 
Blood pressure dropping!”
 
Kurama bit his lip and asked to ride in the ambulance with them. Of course there wasn't much objection since they needed to get Sachi stabilized quickly. In the joyful car ride he went. Woohoo!
 
Emerald eyes stared at the unconscious teenager on the stretcher. He noticed how small her breaths were, and he really hoped the oxygen mask covering her mouth and nose was helping. 'Baka, of course it is.' he scolded himself. But then again, you never could be sure-- could you?
 
In between his tensed hands rested the picture Sachi had been clinging to until her body went limp. Who knew a pen could do so much damage? But it was in deep... 'Just don't die...' And he really hoped Botan wasn't in the area...
 
Beep...... Beep...... Beep...... So far so good. Thank goodness the hospital was in sight now! Beep............ Beep......... Oh no-- Was it fading!?
 
She's losing too much blood! She must have an internal hemorrhage!” shouted a paramedic.
 
Beeeep.........
 
Kurama's eyes widened as the ambulance stopped in front of the emergency entry. “Clear! Clear!” yelled another paramedic as doctors rushed out of the hospital. Ba-bmp.
 
Was she going to die? His mouth opened and a hand reached towards her, but she had already disappeared in an emergency room to be prepared for surgery.
 
Patience was always the quality in Kurama that made Hiei get angry or anxious during a fight. But right now... it seemed he didn't have any! He sat there, more or less rolling his thumbs when he wasn't biting his nails until he bled.
 
After an excruciating long wait of more or less two hours, Kurama finally got a hold of the doctor who performed surgery on her. “How is she?” he asked quickly. The doctor glanced sideways and sighed softly...
 
~*~
Now that you can finally eat and walk normally, I thought I'd take you out on a walk. How about it?” smiled Kurama, holding a small box in his hand.
 
Sachi scrutinized him for a few minutes then grinned, “Uh huh... Then what's that in your hand?”
 
A more or less innocent smile answered her. “It's a secret, and a surprise. Lets go.” And the gentleman helped the fair maiden out of the hospital room she had been stuck in. The surgery was a success, even though she'd always have a scar. Because of a pen... Lame.
 
But uuh... I should probably warn you--” started Kurama as he opened the door leading outside the hospital.
 
Sachi raised a curious eyebrow, “Hm?”
 
Apparently your secret got out.” sweat dropped Kurama, hurrying out of her reach as a couple of flashes momentarily blinded Sachi's sight.
 
The radio volume was way up again as she nearly drowned in loud questions. “How do you feel about your parents abandoning you?”
 
Do you forgive them after all these years or do you still bear a grudge?”
 
You must be delighted to inherit such a fortune!”
 
Sachi blinked and raised a hand to shield her eyes. Okay... apparently her secret got out. Roger that. Damnit, and she hoped nobody would notice. The reporters shut up and huddled around her, extending their arms as far as the humanly could to get a sound of her answer.
 
Seeing them eagerly waiting for a reply, Sachi decided to make them stretch for nothing. Who the hell were they to harass her in the first place? Up until today, she had always been a nobody in the world of Japan, and it shouldn't be about to change just yet.
 
The reporters raised curious eyebrows as they stared at the teenage girl who looked bored until her expression lit up in extreme interest and curiosity. And they all distinctly heard, “Who's bike is that?”
 
At least thirty heads turned towards the brand new 2006 Hayabusa 1300 (1) motorcycle waiting down the stairs, parked neatly right next to the curb. Kurama's eyes twinkled as he smiled and opened the box he had been holding onto in the hospital room.
 
Sachi's eyes widened and her mouth opened. Pure joy and delight were clearly stamped all over her face. She couldn't believe it! Pushing her way through the annoying crowd of questioning reporters, Sachi rushed down the stairs and nearly crashed into Kurama.
 
That was the first time she held him of her own accord... I mean, besides holding him when he was injured or-- whatever. This was actually a real hug.
 
S-sachi--” Kurama was baffled, no doubt about that. He felt pretty much about as embarrassed as when she pulled him down and he had to sleep on her...
 
Well no, actually this was worse. Much worse. Because they weren't alone: cameras were glued to Sachi's movements. Basically, this was being seen throughout Japan since Sachi's parents were the owners of the famous top class hotels all over the world... And when they both died, the picture they put of them was the one Sachi had a copy of, the one with her on it.
 
One of the questions on the headlines had been “Who is the mysterious heir to such a fortune?” and whatever other fancy questions they managed to form based off that single, old picture.
 
So, scratch Japan, people in Spain, Russia, even Brazil were seeing them hug right now!
 
That's right, he had forgotten about the international reporters. Darn it. His cover was blown. What were people at school going to say? ... On the other hand, who cares?
 
I can't-- breathe.” he choked out with a burning red face.
 
Whoops! My bad-- sorry.” giggled Sachi happily, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly. Kurama took in a deep breath and finally smiled amiably at her, holding out the keys.
 
All yours.” His eyes were kind and gentle, and Sachi felt his kindness tenfold within her since she was such a fat sponge. No wonder she had the urge to hug him to death.
 
Are you for real?” gawked the overly excited girl, grabbing the keys and staring at them before staring at the bike itself. It was black, and had a symbol on it. “Suzuki huh? Not bad, not bad...” she smiled, nodding approvingly as a hand barely grazed the seat and handle.
 
Yep, I think I'll like it.” she smiled a true, happy smile. She hadn't felt this excited or overjoyed in a long, long, long, very long time. It felt good too.
 
You better pay me back then, since you now have a fortune.” smirked Kurama, trying to snatch the keys away.
 
No way!” she glared at him playfully, “A gift is a gift. But,” she added, still smiling, “I'll buy you your own.”
 
Kurama blinked. Now that was something unexpected. Him? On a motorcycle? ... Lets just see how well these news would fare with his mother... He could already hear her disagree for so many reasons...
 
C'mon, let's get movin'!” And Sachi grabbed Kurama, pulling him behind her on the brand new, shiny, black motorcycle.
 
Laughing softly, Kurama sat behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He knew she wouldn't bother with a helmet, so he didn't bother wasting his money. But he knew this was going to be one hell of a ride.
 
The end
 
(1) Go check out this awesome motorcycle at: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSX1300RK6/Default.as px
~*~*~*~*~*~
Ok so to save my breath a couple of times I'm going to say this once: I highly doubt there will be a sequel. =( Sorry guys, but unless I come up with some-- crazy plot (or somebody gives me some ideas that make my imagination go wild) and that I feel I could write at least 5 chapters on... I really really don't think there'll be a sequel to this.
 
Sorry sorry! But I have plenty, plenty, plenty stories to work on (check my profile page to see what's coming) and even that doesn't even have all of them. Random ideas popping in keep my busy... So feel free to read other stories?
 
I never really did imagine this story would be this-- long and well liked. :P I started writing it on a whim. @_@ But I'm really really glad you all liked it! This chapter turned out really long even though I had writer's block for about-- two pages. I hope it was worth the wait. Thank you so very much for taking the time to review. =)
 
Congratulations to me for finishing this story! It's the first I ever complete! *bows*
 
chocolatecat: Hmm a sequel heh? I don't think so... But I will be working on another story... (one of many) One with Hiei this time, so if you're interested in other stories or poems of mine, feel free to visit my profile page. I try to keep it updated at least once a month. Thanks for reviewing!
 
kahuffstix: Yeah I can't believe it's the end either... Now that I think of it, I didn't really know how to end it except this really tiny, silly idea... >.> But I hope you liked it! And thanks for reviewing throughout. ^-^
 
bee bee: ^^;; So if you read the long note above, >.> you'd know there won't be a sequel :S I'm glad you enjoyed my *weird* sense of humor though. ^-^ Thanks for sticking with me throughout this story!
 
kara mcpherson: Phew, I was hoping somebody would say that... I thought there was a lot of information in chapter 9 so I'm really glad you liked it. o.o 4AM? I'm honored-- or maybe you just don't sleep... ^^;; Hopefully you'll like the end too... even though my ideas are-- pretty much vapor right now... >.>
 
DamnBlackHeart: ^^ Thanks! I'm really glad you liked it... and about Kurama forgetting about the motorcycle... >.> That's because I forgot. ^^;; I had a point-- but it just-- disappeared. o.O Ahem... anyway, I hope you enjoyed this last chapter!
 
hiei_jaganshi: Oh I didn't know you read this story. Lol. ^^;; You always have interesting reviews to post :P It's fun to read. So... enjoy this last-- chapter? o.O Lol you're so bored you review twice? ^^;; Interesting.