Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Different Paths ❯ The Betrayal ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Different Paths

Chapter Eight: The Betrayal

~*~

Snow: Here`s chapter eight!! YAY!! But sadly I didn`t get any new reviews lately. *sniffs* DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?!

Hiei: Yes, yes they do.

Snow: SHUT UP!!! *cries*

Hiei: Just do the disclaimer already, you whining buffoon.

Snow: Now you`re calling me a monkey with a blue butt?!

Hiei: I said BUFFOON not BABOON!

Snow: Whatever

Disclaimer: I don`t own YYH so leave me the hell alone!!

Snow: ON WITH THE FICCIE!! *dun dada duuuun*

~*~

"I`ve had enough with your shit!" Tsume shouted huskily. He then called to the guards. "Get him outta my sight!" The guards quickly ran over to Shuiichi and took him away.

`Damn, I didn`t kill ______' Shuiichi thought as a single tear escaped his eye.

~*~

"______!! What`s the matter with you?!" Kuronue yelled as he approached you.

Your mind shouted "NO!" but you couldn`t resist Nakuru`s power. You charged at Kuronue and slashed him with your newly acquired claws. He fell to the hard marble floor with a thud, clutching his side which was now split open.

"Why are you doing this?!" Youko screamed at you, but you maintained your emotionless façade.

"Kuronue!!" Youko yelled as he ran to his fallen comrade.

You took one of the scythes and chucked it at the silver haired kitsune. It pinned his arm to the wall. He screamed out in agony.

You walked towards Kuronue to finish the job when you heard something.

"Well done, ______." It was Nakuru. She walked out of the shadows with a glowing red jewel around her neck and a cocky smirk plastered on her face. "Why if it isn`t Youko and Kuronue." She walked over to you and stood beside you. "This girl is your friend right?"

Kuronue growled as he tried to pick himself up. But when Nakuru saw this she pointed a finger at him, a thunderbolt fired out of her finger and smashed into the bat youkai.

"AHHH!!" You heard Kuronue scream. `No, Kuronue. I need to help him!' You thought desperately. And by some twist of Fate you temporarily broke the spell.

"KURONUE!!" You screamed and ran over to the fallen bat demon. But Nakuru retaliated by squeezing the heart jewel tighter, and you collapsed to the ground, holding your aching chest.

"______..." Kuronue said as he put his hand on your cheek gently. But overcome by Nakuru`s power once again, you looked into his eyes hatefully and punched him with all your strength. He flew across the room and finally stopped when he slammed into the wall. He was either unconscious, or dead. You really couldn`t tell. And YOU were the one that caused him this pain.

"You bastard…I HATE you!!" You glared with rage at Kuronue`s limp form.

You stared at Youko, still pinned to the wall and walked over to him. You smirked and slashed his chest with your claws, leaving four, deep, bloody gashes in his flesh. "Pathetic." You said as you walked away.

Something caught Youko`s eye. It was red and glowing and hanging around your neck. `That must be how Nakuru is controlling ______!' He thought as he took out the scythe from his arm. Blood splattered on the floor and walls. "______..." He said to get your attention.

You turned around and were met face to face with Youko`s golden orbs. He flexed his claws and charged with the last bit of his strength. He sliced the jewel off of your neck and you collapsed to the ground, panting.

"Y-Youko…thanks." You said, clasping your neck.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" Nakuru screamed. "My spells are unbreakable!"

"Obviously you are losing your powers in old age, Nakuru." Youko taunted as he moved closer to the thunder youkai.

"I am NOT old you idiot!" Nakuru yelled, deeply offended and charged at the kitsune.

"Fool." Youko closes his eyes and concentrated as big, thick vines shot up from the ground and wrapped around Nakuru

"What do you think you`re doing?! YOUKO!!!" The vines wrapped tightly around the thunder goddess as she shouted. Youko snapped his eyes open as the vines started to glow and finally exploded, killing Nakuru.

"Kuronue! KURONUE!" You screamed as you hugged his body, his blood stained your clothes. `I did this to him…it`s all MY fault!' You thought as tears streamed down your face.

"______..." Came Youko`s voice, he placed a hand on your shoulder. "He`s in a critical state, let`s take him back to the cave…"

"Alright." You said, wiping the tears from your face.

~*~

The journey to the cave was a long one, and Youko was staring at you the whole time which was REALLY making you uncomfortable.

"Why are you staring at me?" You asked.

"It`s just that you`re a tiger-demon now." He replied simply.

"Well, it`s not my fault you know…" You said agitated.

"Before you go back to wherever the hell you came from, we`ll have to change you back."

"I know that."

~*~

Youko laid Kuronue down on the cave floor and you ran off to find something to bandage up his wounds with.

You walked along the edge of the hot springs and stared at your reflection in the water. You had gone from a girl to a tiger youkai in no time flat and it was mind boggling to you.

After looking for a while, you saw that the woods didn`t have anything decent to patch up wounds with, so you sat down and ripped off a strip of your kimono.

When you had ripped off all that you needed you walked into the cave and saw Youko wadding up his shirt and putting it under Kuronue`s head for a pillow. He turned his head and said. "I see you`ve used your kimono for bandages…smart one. You could`ve just used those giant leaves out there."

"These will work better than leaves, Youko." You explained as you knelt beside Kuronue began to wrap his wounds.

Youko looked out the opening of the cave. "The sun`s setting, get to bed ______."

You were done with Kuronue`s bandages and laid down next to him.

"Goodnight, Kuronue." You said. Then you closed your eyes and drifted off into sleep.

~*~

Snow: THERE`S THE 8th CHAPPIEE!!

Kuronue: *dully* Woo…hoo…

Snow: I`m sooooo happy! Please review ya`ll!

Youko: Yeah, review so she`ll SHUT UP!!

Snow: *sniffles* YOU`RE MEAN!!

Youko: AND YOU`RE A BIG BABY!!

Kuronue: Uh oh, here they go again…

Jin: SEE YA NEXT TIME!!

Snow: JIN!!! *glomps*

~*~