Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ Bippy The Fish And The Snowball Fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next day, Christmas vacation had officially started. Kurama decided it'd be best to save the x-mas tree and ice skating for today instead of yesterday. Everyone was to meet a Kurama's house. Zinnia sat on the couch with her big brother Hiei. She was bored. Kurama was already home, he was in the kitchen making something to eat. Zinnia turned to her big brother. "Hey Hiei, wanna hear a christmas carol?"she asked.


"No."he simply responded. Her ears lowered in disappointment.She sighed. Christmas time was a fun time in yet boring. Fun because of all the christmas activities such as cooking, decorating the tree, ice skating, shopping etc. And boring because you had to wait until Christmas morning to get all your presents. Indeed, Zinnia had been a good wolf cub this year. Hopefully, Santa would bring her an Xbox360. Her tail swished back and forth as she waited for her friends to arrive. That'd be Yuske, Kuwabara and....hopefully an unharmed Mitari. He'd get mugged almost everyday walking from school. She then remembered Valentine's Day. Those bullies had pummled him with snow balls. The poor blonde.(read Zinnia's Valentine.) She thought to go look for him but she figured that even the bullies had somewhat of a heart and wouldnt such a terrible thing during such a wonderful and loving holiday. Speak of the devil.........


"Please stop!!!"screamed Mitari as he entered the house with snowballs firing in through the doorway. He quickly slammed the door shut. He started panting with his back up against the door.


"Mitari-kun, you're really gonna have to learn how to defend yourself against those meanies!"said Zinnia getting off the couch. "You have to learn to fight back! And once you do they'll leave you alone!" Mitari put his head down.


"But.....Im scared...."he said quietly. Zinnia blinked.


"Dont worry! We'll help you!"she said happily. Hiei lifted an eyebrow.


"That is 'we'll' as in you and Kurama, correct?"he asked.


"Uh huh! But you forgot to include you and Bippy who will cheer us on!"she said pointing to the creature gold fish bowl on the coffee table.


"How is he going to help?"asked Mitari. Zinnia smiled.


"Because he's a really smart gold fish! See how he does that cool trick?!"she pointed to the fish. "He floats on his back! Isnt that cool?!"she asked cheerfully. Mitari frowned. Poor Zinnia was clueless. Just then Kurama walked into the room. He had heard what she had just said. He made his way over to the fish bowl. He turned to the wolf demon.


"Zinnia...."he tried to be as calm as possible. "Zinnia, dear.......Bippy......is gone...."Zinnia blinked. She shook her head.


"No he isnt, Kurama."she went over to the fish bowl and pointed to the fish floating on his back. "He's right here!"she said cheerfully. Kurama stared at the deceased fish.


"Well........yes.....and no....."


"huh?"Zinnia looked confused. She also stared at the fish. Kurama placed his hand on her head.


"You see.....fish are very strong...and they tend to have a short life span.....what Im trying to say is-"


"Zinnia, your fish is dead!"finished Hiei.


"Hiei!"shouted Kurama. Zinnia's ears lowered. She gently tapped the fish bowl. Nothing happened. She looked up at the red head.


"Kurama.....is Bippy really dead?"she asked now losing her cheerfullness. Kurama sighed.


"Yes...Bippy is dead...."he then tried to cheer her up. "But now he is in a happier place."Zinnia put her head down.


"But....I dont understand......Bippy was still a young fishy.......how did he die? I took good care of him."she explained. Hiei then remembered something.


"It could have something to do with Kuwabaka wanting to take it for a walk."Zinnia gasped.


"Kuwabara killed little Bippy!"she wailed. Her eyes filled up with tears. "Waaaaaaahhhhh! I want Bippy back! I loved him!"


"Please dont cry, Zinnia!"pleaded Mitari. "Its.....its going to be alright!"


"No, its not! Im never gonna be happy aga-"Kurama handed her an ice cream cone with a scoop of mint chocolate chip. "ooooooh!"she took and happily began licking. Kurama sighed in relief.




Later, Zinnia peeked out from the 3 foot wall made of snow. She descended behind it. She was wearing an army helmet."Okay, Mitari...."she whispered. "They're all out there waiting to take you down..."she said quickly peeking back out at all the bullies armed with snowballs. Mitari who was also wearing an army helmet gulped. "We're gonna defeat them all!"she said happily. She looked back. "Kurama? Are the snow balls ready?"she asked. Kurama finished balling up the last snow ball. He sat it on top of a neat pile of several other snow balls.


"Our ammo has been prepared, Zinnia.."he confirmed. He put on his army helmet as well.


"Yay!"she cheered. "Ready, Hiei?" Hiei squirted some strawberry icing on a hanful of snow. He tasted it. He licked his lips.


"Not bad......"Somehow Zinnia got him to wear an army helmet. She told it its so the enemy cant see him. Hiei took this the wrong way and thought it was some sort of human invisibility device. Zinnia stood up revealing herself.


"Listen up, you bunch of bullies!"she shouted. "You better stop picking on Mitari!"she screamed at them with her hands on her hips. The other kids stared at her.


"And if we refuse?"asked one kid.


"We'll take you down!"All the bullies stared at her for a second....then bursted out into laughter. They didnt take her seriously. She picked up a snow ball from off the pile. "Stop laughing!"she fired the snow ball at them. It splatted directly into one bullies face. He fell backwards. The others had looks on their faces like this O.O


"Did you see that?"asked one bully.


"It was too fast..."said another. "It's war now! FIRE!"each bully fired a snow ball in unison. Zinnia quickly dropped behind the wall of snow for protection. There was a scream. Zinnia looked back to see her brother laying in the ground covered in snow. You should never turn your back during a snowball fight. Kurama picked up a snowball and fired over at the bullies.


"Incoming!"cried Zinnia cheerfully as she threw another snowball. She quickly ducked behind the wall as a snowball fired directly for her face. "phew....that was a close one...."she placed a snow ball in Mitari's hand. "Come on, Mitari-kun!"she started. "Join in!" The blonde stared at the snowball in his hand. He peeked over the wall.


"Come on out, Mitari!"screamed a bully. "After we take you down we're gonna defeat that little ______ along with you!"Mitari tightly grasped the snowball. His hand began to shake..........but not with fear.


"Hey!"shouted Zinnia. She turned to Kurama. "who told them I was a wolf demon?"she whispered to Kurama. He shook his head.


"Zinnia, they dont know......that was meant to be an insult."he explained. Zinnia blinked.


"Oh......." there was a scream from the other side of the battlefield. Both and Zinnia and Kurama looked up. Another bully bites the dust for he layed on the ground unconscious.....and Mitari's hand was snowball-less. It appears that bully that insulted Zinnia had paid dearly. Go Mitari! "Wow, Mitari! That was so good!"said Zinnia picking up another snowball.


"It...it was?"he asked. Zinnia nodded rapidly.


"It sure was!"she fired it. She missed. "darn......"Kurama fired one. Direct hit. Finally, Hiei recovered. He sat up and rubbed the back of his head. He then remembered what happened. He turned to the bullies and charged.