Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ The Christmas Party Part 1 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Everyone waited patiently inside Kurama's house for everyone's favorite wolf cub to return. The party was not to start until Zinnia arrived. Food layed out on the coffee table, green and red decorations filled the room along with pretty red bows on the stair railing, not to mention the misltoe.Several beautifully wrapped presents were neatly nested under the Christmas tree just waiting to be opened up. Kuwabara reached for the popcorn bowl. Shizuru slapped his hand with a spoon. "Kazuma! Kurama said that no one eats until Zinnia gets ba-"just then Zinnia jumped in through the doggy door. Satisfied, Kuwabara ate a large handful popcorn not thinking once to greet her. Zinnia instantly poofed back to her human form when she saw all her friends before her.


"Hi Everybody!"she greeted cheerfully. "Im so glad to see you all!"


"Hello, Zinnia."said Yukina sweetly.


"Hey Zinnia."greeted Keiko kindly.


"We've been waiting for you, Zinn."said Botan abbreivating the cub's name.


"Hey Kid,"started Shizuru lighting a cigarette. "Where have you been?"she asked before inserting it into her mouth. Zinnia smiled.


"I've been out."was all she said. "I hope my absent hasnt ruined the party."she said rather sorrowfully now. Kurama shook his head.


"No, not at all."he said getting up out of the chair to hug the wolf demon. "We'd wait for you until next Christmas if we had to."


"Really?"she innocently tilted her head to one side.


"Yes, just get here faster next time."said Hiei who was sitting on the window sill watching the snow.


"Of course we would have!"said Botan in her usual, perky voice.


"There's no way the party's complete without you."said Keiko placing her hand on Zinnia's shoulder.


"We would have waited forever..."said Mitari shyly.


"Speak for yourself."said Yuske and Kuwabara in unison. Zinnia giggled. Kurama smiled.


"Well, now that Zinnia's here why dont we-"


"OPEN PRESENTS!"shouted Yuske and Kuwabara in unison. Kurama blinked.


"No....I was going to say 'why dont we eat dinner'."said the fox demon correcting his friends. Yuske and Kuwabara looked deeply disappointed. But Zinnia was the total opposite.


"YAY! Im so hungry I could eat a horse and his mama!"said the wolf before prancing into the kitchen.




"Amen."said Kurama finishing the grace for blessing the wonderful food they had recieved.


"That was a really nice prayer, Kurama."said Zinnia sweetly.


"Yes, it was rather lovely."said Yukina.


" It was rather long."said Yuske rolling his eyes.


"The longer, the better."said Shizuru.


"That's right, Yuske."said Kurama.


"Okay, okay, let's just eat!"whined Yuske.


"Yeah, man! Im starving!"said Kuwabara. Kurama sighed.


"Alright, everyone dig in."he said. Now everyone began to enjoy the tastey food Kurama had cooked with a little help from his mother. The only one who didnt eat the cooked food was of course, Hiei. Instead, he sat in the corner of the kitchen eating ice cream, ocassionally dipping ginerbread men into it. He found this rather delicious. The turkey had already lost all four of its limbs thanks to the barbaric eating habits of Yuske and Kuwabara. After they ripped both wings and drum sticks out, sutffing began to slowly ooze out of the turkey's openings. The smell of the it danced around everyone's noses. Zinnia even drooled a little bit. There's noting like homemade stuffing, eh? The pies would soon be devoured too. There was pumpkin, apple, cherry, blueberry, and peach. Well, actually, scratch the pumpkin pie. Its whipped cream on top of it caght Hiei's eye causing him to take the entire thing with him into the corner. He found the taste of the whiped cream like a dream, but as for the pie.....it tasted a bit odd to him....but he soon LOVED it! These human dishes were still a bit new to Yukina but she greatly enjoyed them. And as for Botan........no one could figure out where she put all that food! Out of Everyone, Kurama and Keiko had the most eating manners. Mitari didnt eat very much because he had already eaten at his own house so he really doesnt count for the whole manners thing. Shizuru mostly drank whiskey. She would probaly soon be drunk........then again...she has a high tolerance.


Later, Yuske let out a huge belch. "Oh man, that was the best meal I ever ate!"shouted the spirit detective. Kuwabara agreed.


"Yeah, I ate enough to keep me full into next year!"he sat patting his stomach. Shizuru shook her head.


"No, baby bro, you'll be hungry by time we get back home. I've already left muffins on the night stand for you."she took a sip of her whiskey bottle. Kurama wiped his mouth with a napkin and then set it down on the plate.


"Okay, now that we're all full, why dont we-"


"OPEN PRESENTS!"screamed Yuske and Kuwabara in unison.


"Yes.....open presents."finished Kurama even though Yuske and Kuwabara had already finished his sentence for him.