Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ The Christmas Party Part 4 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Zinnia slowly came down the stairs holding on the railing. Everyone gazed upon her for she was now wearing the beautiful red kimono with the green sash and bow that Yukina had given her. Mitari felt that he had never seen such a beautiful creature before. To make it even better Zinnia had also taken her braid out and let her long, thick, beautiful hair out. She finally made it to the bottom of the stairs. She turned to all her friends. "So, how do I look?"she asked.

"Hn. Nice."said Hiei


"You look great, kid."said Shizuru before taking a puff of her cigarette.


"You're gorgeous, Zinnia."said Kurama smiling.


"Just lovely!"exclaimed Botan. Zinnia was blushing madly.


"Okay, okay! Enough compliments!"her face was red as her kimono. She then got an idea. "Hey, why dont I wear Mitari's gift too?"


"M-my gift?"asked the blonde. Zinnia nodded.


"Uh-huh!"she picked up the box contain the collar and carefully put it on. "It matches my kimono."now she looked even more beautiful.


"You....you look very nice."said Mitari shyly. Zinnia smiled.


"Thank you, Mitari."she said bowing her head. Her wolf ears perked up. "Hey! Why dont I give you all my gifts next!"she suggested.


"Alright! ITS ABOUT TIME!"shouted Yuske.


"Yeah! So far Zinnia's opened up all the presents!"complained Kuwabara. Zinnia giggled.


"You guys are right. Im sorry."


"Dont apologize to them, Zinnia."said Keiko. Zinnia's ears lowered.


"But Keiko...they've been waiting a long time....."her ears perked back up. "and since they have I'll let you two open your gifts first!"she scrambled over to the tree and kneeled down. She picked up 2 neatly wrapped gifts. She smiled and handed them to her friends. Without hesitation they snatched them up quite excited. "These ones are yours."


"ALRIGHT!"screamed Kuwabara before viciously attacking the gift wrap paper as did Yuske to his own gift. While they opened their gifts Zinnia passed out the rest of her gifts to all of her other friends. One by one each person had a beautifully wrapped present in their arms with a elegant bow on top. All smiled at her and thanked her. By time Zinnia was finished wrapping gifts Yuske and Kuwabara had already unwrapped theirs.


"I hope you all like the-"


"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"screamed Yuske from the top of his lungs. "NIKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Zinnia smiled.


"Im glad you like th-"next thing Zinnia knew she was in a tight hug so tight she couldnt breathe. "Yu.....Yuske......I cant breathe......please....let me go..."she pleaded . After a few more seconds the spirit detective released her. She was now gasping for air until it was Kuwabara's turn to squeeze her to death.


"I CANT BELIEVE YOU GOT ME AIR FORCES!"exclaimed Kuwabara. "THANKS , ZINNIA!"Zinnia was too busy trying to get free from the python-like grip to respond. Kuwabara let her go. Zinnia was now on her hands and knees heavily breathing. "Sorry."apologized the carrot-top.


"It's........okay....."said Zinnia between breaths. By now everyone was unwrapping their own gifts. They were all wondering about what the wolf demon could of purchased for them. Botan was first to finish opening hers. It wasnt hard to figure out what it was because of its rather irregular shape but she pretended to be surprised anyway.


"How lovely!"started Botan examinining her gift. "How did you know that I needed a new oar, Zinnia?"asked the ferry girl. Zinnia laughed.


"I dont know.....just guessed..."she responded looking over to the old, beaten up oar which was forgotten int he corner of the room. "I hope you like it." Botan blinked.


"Like it? I LOVE IT!"she exclaimed. "Thank you, very much."Zinnia smiled.


"No problem."next Mitari opened his gift. His was irregulary shaped too. He stared down at his present.


"A tennis racket."he stated. " I like tennis." Zinnia nodded.


"Uh huh! Remember? You told me!"she reminded him cheerfully. She went over to the blonde and kneeled down next to him. "Look, I even got your initials engraved in the handle."she pointed to the racket. Mitari looked closely at it and saw the letters M.K. engraved in the wood. To him this was probaly the most wonderful gift he had ever gotten. "Thank you......very much."was all he could say.


"Your welcome, Mitari!"she hugged him. "Im glad you like it." now he blushed madly. Keiko came over to her.


"Zinnia, thank you for the sweater"she said gratefully as she held up the blue sweater. "I really did need one!"


"I know, you were talking about it all the time and then I saw it and thought 'thats perfect for Keiko!'".


"Well, I love it."she slipped it on. "How does it look?"


"Blech! Awful!"outbursted Yuske. Kuwabara started laughing. Yuske was greeted by a slap in the face.


"I DIDNT ASK YOU, YOU JERK!"she screeched. Shizuru was a bit confused with her gift.


"An ash tray and a lighter with Santa on it.........but what is this?"she held up a small packet. Zinnia's ears lowered. She laughed nervously.


"Well...."she started. All eyes were on her now. " I know your a smoker, so I bought you a new ash tray that absorbs smoke and a new lighter but I always want you to stop smoking or at least cut down, so I bought you these nicotine patches."she explained. "Smoking is bad for your lungs.....and I dont want you to die." Shizuru removed the cigarette from her mouth. She smiled.


"Thanks for caring, kid. I'll try these patches and see what happens."Zinnia smiled as well.


"Yay!"