Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ LoadingUp ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ceridwen had left the house that night in pure rage. When she had gotten back to her place she had scared twelve people and almost fought nine of them. She now lay in her tub soaking, letting the water wash away Bane's blood. She threw away the clothes she had been wearing and scrubbed every inch of her body until it hurt it was so raw.

She refused to let her grief bring her tears. She could not cry for Bane until his killers and his captors were dead. Ceridwen pulled herself out of the tub and watched the now pink water go down the drain. She tied her long brown hair into a braid and got dressed.

She wore camouflage pants with a tan tank and commando boots. She walked over to her trunk and pulled out seven of her daggers. She placed one in each boot, one behind her back, another at her left hip, and two on the insides of her thigh's where straps held them in place. She took her final dagger, the one Bane gave her for her birthday and placed it in her shirt. She had always wanted a breast dagger, as her enemies rarely checked there for concealed weapons.

After making sure each of her daggers were in positions that wouldn't cut her she pulled her swords out from underneath her bed. She had double swords crossing her back and one tied at the hilt. In London she was not allowed to carry these arms on her person, but today she was leaving London. America was where the Perils would be, training. Or she could go to Japan, where Scythe would surely be, preparing to enter the Dark Tournament. Ceridwen only had to choose who she would kill first.

As she packed one bag she remembered Bane's words to her when he told her about his mission to penetrate Scythe. "I will most likely be caught and rendered to use as a mindless slave, if I am, find me and get me out of there, even if I have to die for you to do it." He had been willing to die for their cause and now she could only think that if she had gotten there sooner, or not used so much of her energy trying to find Scythe and just track his essence that she might have saved Bane.

She had one bag packed that was full of clothes, medicine, and weapons. She had five more daggers, one sword, fifteen grenades, twenty firecrackers, and nine other types of explosives that she had created. She slung the bag over her shoulder over her traveling cloak. She gazed around the apartment that she had never paid for. The poor landlord was so easily manipulated by Ceridwen's telepathy that she had been able to stay here for five months. All that she really owned was either inside her bag or on her person. She left.

On the streets of London were the usual crowd. Many of them knew enough about her to stay out of her way. For the ones who didn't, one glare was enough to destroy any bravery they might have been able to sum up. Ceridwen quickly grew annoyed with the main streets and ducked into one of her favorite allies. She took some passages that had her near the airport in twenty minutes. If she just took one more left then she would be able to sneak into the baggage check below the airport and hide inside a piece that had already gone through the scanner. The problem was, did she have enough strength to turn into shadow at the right moment.