Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ Solace ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She could now see Bane's dead body in her arms, and it made the tears lay thicker in her eyes. She was in her own little world and never heard the door open and close. "Why am I feeling like this now? I'm not fit to be a member of the Lai organization."

"Now don't go saying things that aren't true," came Hiei's voice from a foot behind her.

"What are you doing here? Get out."

"Well I knocked and nobody answered. I didn't want you hurting yourself and I won't leave until you stop feeling this way."

"I feel fine."

"Not if you're talking to yourself and putting yourself down your not. Now sit up and look at me."

"Why do you care Hiei? What's it to you if I'm upset."

"So you admit you're upset now? I care because I'm your trainer and if anything upsets our chances at winning it's up to me to help you through it and make it so you are fit to fight. Now look at me." Ceridwen sat up and looked at Hiei, he was sitting on the bed now. "Have you been crying Ceri," he asked her. He touched her face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs, his composure softening.

"No. I just had something in my eye."

"When you have something in your eye only one waters not both and it's nowhere near as heavy as your tears are now. What the..." He pulled his right hand away from her and stared at it. The scars were fading and healthy skin seemed to be growing in its place.

"Oh no," Ceridwen said sounding panicked. "Great you touched the tears and now it's healing. Crap I'm almost done with them so it won't work. Quick Hiei get my bag!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Oh no time to explain." She summoned her bag and searched through it quickly. She pulled out ten small glass bottles. She opened two and took out a rag. She soaked the rag with the clear solution and put it on Hiei's right arm. He looked confused so she said, "My tears can heal anything. As long as it's alive it can be healed. I can even heal the dead completely as long as they haven't been dead for more than ten minutes. I haven't cried except when I tried to save someone. It worked but I had to be put in a lot of pain to cry. Anyway my point is, is that even though I can heal anything it has to have a proportioned amount of my tears or it won't heal right. In fact, if it doesn't get enough whatever needs healing will be worse off than it was before. I wish I hadn't cried at all today but I was overwhelmed."

"About what Ceri," said Hiei finally letting the information sink in his brain.

"Well, tomorrow I fight Vall and he's the reason I used so much power and wasn't able to save Bane. It was his and my fault." Tears came out steadily from her eyes but they weren't as heavy as before. Hiei reached up to wipe them away again. She gazed into his eyes and suddenly felt safe.

"It wasn't your fault Ceri. You did the best you could. Trust me." He leaned in so they were perfectly eyelevel. She never noticed before that his red eyes had small flecks of purple. It contrasted perfectly. He was much to close now. And he was getting closer! She wanted to back away or to push him from her but she couldn't bring herself to.

The next thing she knew his lips were on hers. He gently kissed her and after a minute or so she returned his kiss. He leaned her back onto the bed. She used her powers and locked the door. As he made love to her she felt oddly comforted. Her tears finally stopped and neither noticed that his arm was now completely healed.

Outside her door Kurama paused. He went to knock when he heard the small click of the door locking. He knew what was going on and he also knew that Hiei would be hurt later. He would be completely devastated when he learned the truth about Ceridwen. She couldn't feel for Hiei what he felt for her, she wasn't ready. Maybe after the Tournament he would be in great pain but for now let him believe what he wants. Kurama walked away from the door and let Hiei have his one night of happiness.