Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Ceridwen ❯ Loving Amara ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There she was, as beautiful as ever. How Hiei wished he could stop feeling this way. She wore the blue wraparound skirt, white tank and her hair was up in a French twist. She was with her friends talking animatedly. He stared at the way she moved. She wasn't packing her daggers or any weapons as far as he could tell. What was wrong with her? Didn't she know that friends of Scythe were after her? She was careless now and that hurt him. Had she forgotten training with him so fast?

Hiei now wished she would stop twirling around excitedly. It was making him want to jump from his hiding place in the tree and force her to come with him away from here and make her his mate. That's when something caught his attention. On her left hand was something glittering in the sunlight. Hiei's eyes opened wide when he realized what it was. She was wearing what humans call an engagement ring. It's a symbol meaning that the female is going to become someone's mate permanently, well in these times they can end it and find new mates but a lot of people ended up in a permanent situation.

The shock made Hiei loose his balance for a second and some leaves fell from the tree. He cursed himself for not being more careful. He saw her snap around at the slight disturbance. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply. He knew she was trying to pick up someone's essence. Why had the Lai taught her that? Hiei wished they hadn't but it was too late now. He couldn't run from her and she would find him if he stayed so why not let her?

"Hiei," she called. "Show yourself damn it! Hiei if you don't come out right now..." Hiei jumped from the tree and landed in front of her. Her friends stared at them and slowly walked to her side. "Why are you here Hiei?" Hiei glanced at her friends and then to her not saying anything. She said to her friends, "Go on and drop the stuff off at my mothers then we're done for today."

"But..." One of her friends tried to say something but she cut her off.

"No. I'll be fine, this is an old friend so go. Now!" Her friends took off and she turned back to Hiei. "So what are you doing here Hiei. I told you to leave me alone. What? Do you still love me or something?"

Hiei looked down and started to walk away. "I don't even know what love really is," he said. She walked up next to him and matched her pace to his.

"You knew well enough after the Tournament. You said you loved me to get me to stay remember." Hiei nodded. "So do you still feel that way? And don't lie to me Hiei!"

Hiei looked up at her. How had she known he was going to lie? "Yes. I still love you Ceridwen."

She didn't respond for a second and actually looked confused. Then she said, "Oh that's right! You don't know! It turns out my real name is Amara. I didn't know it until just a few months ago when I saw my mom for the first time in eleven years. I grew up in Lai after spending one year in an orphanage and I had no memory before age five until my mom lifted the spell. We're enchanters. Both my parents were."

"Well that explains a lot Ceri... Amara. So you're engaged."

"Yes I am. His name is Peter Sanford. He's really sweet, and nice, and well I guess you wouldn't like him very much."

"Are you saying I'm not nice," Hiei said his anger rising.

"No! Well, you aren't always nice but I meant that you wouldn't like him because I'm going to marry him."

"Do you love him?"

"Hiei I accepted his proposal..."

"That's not what I asked," Hiei sad walking backwards to face her now. "Do you love him?"

"Hiei what do you want me to say? Do you want me to say I'm miserable and I wish it were you I was marrying? Do you want me to say that I regret turning away from you? Do you want me to tell you that when we made love it meant something to me? Do you want me to say that I love you and not Peter?"

"Yes but I really want you to tell me the truth even more."

"Then you heard it! I am miserable and I wish I were marrying you! I regret turning away from you! It meant a lot to me when we made love. I love you Hiei! I love you and not Peter!" Amara lowered her eyes and turned her back on Hiei not wanting to see his reaction. She felt sure he would reject her now. Instead of hearing his laughter she felt his hand on her shoulder. He turned her around and kissed her on the mouth, hard. He gripped her arms and slammed her against the trunk of a tree. She barely even noticed any pain but instead focused on Hiei's mouth. They broke apart and Hiei led her into a deserted ally. He started to take off her clothes but she stopped him. "Not yet Hiei. At least wait for me to break up with Peter. I don't want to become a cheater. It was bad enough we kissed but I think it was worth it."

Hiei smiled at her and nodded. He had waited this long what were another few hours? Amara unwillingly pulled herself away from Hiei's embrace. "Wait here my love. I will return soon." Hiei nodded again. Amara ran at top speed to Peter's despite her vow to never use her powers again she tapped into her speed to get her there faster. She knocked on the door and Peter answered. He looked at her arms and face and hair.

"What happened dearest," he asked her. Amara caught her reflection in the windowpanes. Hiei had been very rough and she had so many scratched it looked like she had fallen. Her hair was halfway out of its twist. Tree bark and some gunk from the ally covered her clothes. She laughed at her appearance.

"Peter we have to talk." Peter stepped aside and she sat on his couch. "I can't marry you Peter. I have been thinking and someone else is in my heart. He has been for a while but I refused to admit it to myself. I do love you but not in the way that you need for a woman to love you. I'm sorry but it's over."

Peter nodded. He had felt this coming ever since one of Amara's friends had told him that she had met up with an old friend. An old friend who just happened to be an attractive man. She returned his ring and left. She looked happy and ran back the way she had come.

Amara was now back in the original ally. Hiei was there waiting, and had a huge grin on his face when he saw her approach. "I've been thinking Ceri... Amara, sorry. We should do this right and check in at a hotel."

Amara nodded and allowed Hiei to take her to a hotel. She gave them her credit card and then they went up to their room. There they made love and left the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on all day and night.

End

A/N: So it's finally over. I know the ending was probably expected and boring and blah blah blah but over all how was it? Let me know because this was my first fanfic. Now I have three ideas for a new one but I want you all to decide what it should be. #1 I could talk about how Ceridwen's life was in the orphanage and then the Lai organization and lead up all the way to chapter 1 Rescue Mission. #2 Or I could make a new one with a totally original plot perhaps having little to do with the Anime. #3 Or I could make Hiei and the others meet up with a descendant from the Greek Goddess of War Athena. She would be evil and Hiei and the others need her to turn good to beat someone. They need for her to increase their fighting power so they can win the fight. Pick which one you want and include it in reviews please. Thanks!