Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Exchange Student ❯ The Roller Rink and Hired Parents ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The group of teens entered the roller rink. They wanted to cheer up Zinnia for not being allowed to enter the cheerleader try outs. Once they got their skates on they entered the ring. Kuwabara was slipping and sliding around the whole ring trying not to fall. Yuske skated at top speed around the ring. Kurama skated gracefully and Zinnia skated backwards holding Mitari's hands trying to teach him to skate. She was feeling better already. "Okay, Mitari just start out by walking!"she smiled. "Just like you do everyday!". Zinnia's hands felt so smooth and soft to him just like flower petals. She smiled. "You got it?"she asked.

"I-I-I think so...."he said slowly. She smiled again.

"Okay, Imma let you go, now? Okay?"

"......okay..."she let go of his hands and skated off. Mitari's face instantly made contact with the floor. Yuske pointed and laughed as he skated by. Zinnia hadnt seen this. If she had she probaly would of helped the poor blonde up. She skated over to Hiei who was watching from outside the rink.

"Hey big bro, why dont you come skate with us?"she asked.

"I dont care for these.....ningen activities"he replied looking away from the rink. Zinnia frowned.

"But-but it's fun!"she grabbed his arm and pulled him out onto the rink. "Big brother, you're like an oyster. You stayed closed up but deep inside you theres something extra special just waiting to be discovered. And just gotta open up to see it."


Later, Hiei had kinda took a liking to the skating thing. Mitari had gottena little better as well. As for Kuwabara......he fell about 20 or 30 times and was covered in boo-boos. Zinnia had totally forgotten about the cheerleading tryouts. Until she saw a couple of girls from her school talking.

"Oh my gosh! I hope I make the cheerleading squad!"said one girl excitedly.

"I know! Im so anxious to find out!"said another girl. Zinnia sighed.


After school the next day Zinnia had to go to her parent-teacher conference. Fortunately, last night after the roller rink she was able to find 2 people to play her parents.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want me to what?"asked Shizuru as she took her ciggarette out her mouth. Zinnia smiled innocently.She had already explained the whole thing about what happened at school and stuff.

"I want you to play my mommy."she said blushing a bit from embarassment. "I have a parent-teacher conference tomorrow after school and Mr Takenaka says to bring my parents."

"Is that so?"she took a puff of her cigarette. "Well, dont worry, kid. I'll be there for you."she smuthered the butt of her cigarette in an ash tray. Zinnia was now happy. She hugged Shizuru.

"Oh thank you! Thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, no way! I refuse to!"screamed Touya. He sat under the tree in the Makai forest.

"Please, Touya? Pretty please?"she begged. "If you do this I promise to be a good puppy from now on."she gave him her big puppy dog eyes. Touya shook his head.

"I said no. Plus, you dont mean that anyway."Zinnia frowned.

" 'ey, whats all dat racket 'bout?"asked Jin as he landed next to the 2 demons. Zinnia smiled.

"Hi Jin.....buddy......ol' pal...........friend......homie......."she said trying to butter up the wind demon.

"Ya, what is up 'ome skillet buscuit?"asked the wind demon. Zinnia thought that was kinda funny. She giggled.

"Um.....nothing much. Anyway......."she explained to Jin about what happened at school and about the parent teacher conference."

"Wow....dats quite a predicament if ya ask me."said the wind master. He laughed. "Sure, I'll play your pop."Zinnia smiled. She hugged Jin. Just as she did Shizuru.

"Oh thank you! Thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~Back to Present~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss Jaganshi, where are you parents?"asked Mr Takenaka who was sitting at his desk in his office. Zinnia became a bit nervous. She sat in a chair in front of his desk.

"Dont worry, Mr Takenaka. They're coming." There was a knock at the door.

"Come in."said the principal. The door slowly opened.

"Good day to ya!"greeted Jin as he entered the office.

"We're Zinnia's parents."said Shizuru lighting a cigarette. Zinnia's eyes widened.

"Shizu- I mean mommy, dont smoke in here!"pleaded Zinnia.
Converting /tmp/phpHDwRxI to /dev/stdout