Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Exchange Student ❯ Peanut Butter Cookies ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Yuske entered the kitchen of Kurama's house. He was quite thirsty. The temperature was 97 degrees today. After fighting with a few gangs, he needed a little refreshment. He stopped when he saw Zinnia closing the oven door and then setting the timer. She had a very hopeful look on her face as she sat on the stool and started twiddling her thumbs. She then noticed the spirit detective. "Hi Yuske."she said not changing the expression on her face.


"Hey Zinnia."he greeted back opening the refridgerator and pulling out a grape soda. "Whatcha cookin'?"he asked before pulling the tab to the soda can.


"Peanut Butter Cookies."


"SWEET! Im starving! You're the best!"exclaimed Yuske. But Zinnia shook her head.


"They're not for you, Yuske."Yuske face faulted.


"They're not?"


"Nope. Im sorry."


"Then let me guess...they're for 'Big Brother Hiei!"he squealed in his best Zinnia imitation voice. Zinnia shook her head again.


"No."


"Yukina?"


"No."


"Mitari?"


"No."


"Kurama?"

"No."


"Dont tell me you made all those cookies for Kuwabaka."


"No, I didnt."she said.


"Then who are they for?"asked Yuske before taking a sip out of his soda.


"They are for Mr. Iwamoto."Yuske did a spit take.


"What the !@#$%^&*() did you just say?!"he screamed. Zinnia lowered her head.


"They're for Mr. Iwamoto."she said a little quieter.


"WHY THE !@#$%^&*() DOES HE GET COOKIES?!"shouted Yuske in her face. Zinnia sniffled.


"S-so he wont be mad at me anymore. And then he'll like me."she said tearfully. "I didnt mean to hit him with the shovel...."she wiped away her tears with her wrist but only more came. Yuske slammed the soda can onto the counter.


"You're still on that?! Listen, Iwamoto is an *sshole! He doesnt care what you do! He doesnt like you because you hang with me and Kuwabara!"


"Yuske, that is not true."started Zinnia. "Maybe Mr Iwamoto would like you guys better if you did your homework, paid attention and actually came to class."she put her hands on her hips. "When he tastes these yummy peanut butter cookies, he wont be mad at me anymore! You'll see!"she slid off the stool and exited the kitchen.



The next day. Before classes started Zinnia set the plate of cookies on Mr Iwamoto's unattended desk. She smiled as she exited the room feeling so much better. There were a dozen peanut butter cookies. But Mr Iwamoto would only be receiving 11. Zinnia had kept one for herself to go with her lunch. She was in such a happily mood that she actually skipped all the way down to Mr Akashi's class. She took her seat in the back with Kuwabara. "Hi Kuwabara!"she greeted in her normal cheerful tone. "How are you today?"


"Im alright."he said looking up from his notebook. His eyes shifted around the room "Hey Zinnia."he whispered.


"Yes?"Kuwabara leaned towards her with the notebook.


"Check out this drawing I made."Zinnia looked at the rather disturbing picture. She blinked. "It's Iwamoto with titties!"


"Kuwabara, thats so mean."she had a disapproving look on her face. The class bell rang. It was time to start the lesson. Mr Akashi entered the room looking ugly as ever. He stood in front of the entire class.


"Listen up. I want all of you to pay extra special attention."he started. "For tomorrow we will be having a test. One hundred questions. And you wont be able to use your notes either."everyone groaned. How could the situation get any worse? "And you only get 1 period to complete it." Now it had just gotten worse. Zinnia sighed. She opened her notebook and got her pencil ready to copy down any notes Mr Akashi would be writing on the chalkboard. It was going to be a long first period.



By time class was over, Zinnia had about 5 pages front and back full of notes. She sighed. She was gonna have to study a whole bunch. She fiugred she'd better get started during lunch. Now it was time for gym class. Since she was required to take a shower after class and she would be seen nude anyway, she figured it didnt make sense to dress into her gym clothes in a vacant bathroom stall. So she opened up her string bag and pulled out a clean pair of gym clothes. (Let's fast forward)


After getting dressed, Zinnia exited the locker room and then entered the gym. Today was going to be fun. Today they were going to play soccer. YAY! "Alright!"started Ms Perfetti. "You all have 2 minutes to makes teams of two! Let's hussle, people!"she said clapping her hands then blowing her whistle. Now all the kids were starting to wander the gym asking others to be on their team. Zinnia felt a hand placed on her shoulder. She turned to see Keiko.


"Hi Keiko!"she greeted happily. Keiko smiled.


"Hey, Zinnia. Would you like to be on our team?"she asked.


"I sure would!"her eyes sparkled in excitement. Now that the teams were settled, there was 6 on each side. Two kids both from different teams stood in the center of the gym floor with the ball between.


"Okay, start when you hear the whistle."said Ms Perfetti. But before she could blow into it, she heared a whole lot of commotion coming from outside the gym. What could it of been? There were also a whole lot of footsteps. Something was wrong. First, the teacher was the one to dash out of the gym to see what the problem was. And of course the students being curious or just nosey ran after her. They all stood crowding the door way. Their eyes widend as they saw paramedics rushing pass them pushing along Mr Iwamoto on a...uh.....wheel bed thingy. His face was swollen but at the sight of Zinnia he found enough strength to scream at her.


"Jaganshi, you'll pay for this!"he screamed at the top of his lungs. Zinnia's heart sank. Her eyes filled up with tears.


"Wha-what...did I do?"