Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ Misplaced Agression ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

[A/N: This is my first attempt at a fanfic. So go easy on me. Ok?]

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts 

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts 

‘...’-everyone else’s thoughts

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Yu Hakusho, although I wish I owned Kurama. *winks* But then again, wouldn’t every girl?

Please R&R and let me know if you like it. If so, I’ll update it.

[In an American airport]

A young girl watches all the people rush back and forth trying to make their flights before they are left behind while she waits for her flight number to be called over the intercom; she reaches into her red backpack, takes out her photo album and thumbs through the pictures of her family. They looked typical enough, but underneath the smiles there hid an amazing secret; one she was about to discover soon enough. She smiles at the glossy-finished photograph picture with frayed corners of her parents and her 6-year-old little sister, MyaDawn–who she playfully nicknamed “Applehead”; she chuckles because she remembered how she came up with the name.

*Flashback* 

[Living room at her house]

Her mom who was carrying a large yellow bowl of popcorn sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (A/N: You should try it; it’s yummy ^_^) had called her to come into the living room to see the DVD of her sister’s birth; Gwen didn’t get a chance to see it in person because she was out of town for a gymnastics competition. She rushes out of her room and runs down the stairs where she trips over her sister’s Barbie doll; she starts to fall but she caught herself and does a twisting flip, landing perfectly in front of her mom who shakes her head and gives Gwen a stern look.

Gwen: *pumps her fists* Yes! I stuck my dismount!

Deborah (Mom): Now what have I told you about running down the stairs like that, young lady? You could have broken your neck. I may have just had another baby, but that doesn’t mean I want my first born dead.

Gwen: *scratches behind her head and gave a weak laugh* Sorry, mom. You’re right. But look at the bright side; those gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do lessons paid off. *gives her a big grin* And besides, I wanna see what happened in that delivery room. Specifically how Dad got that shiner. *laughs*

Matthew (Dad): *walks behind Mom and wraps his arms around her, kissing her cheek* That isn’t the first time she did that to me. *looks at Mom*

Mom: *looks at him innocently* What? You were making more noise that I was with your “Breathe, honey. Breathe” and your “Push it, baby! Here it comes!” You sounded like a cheerleader on a sugar high. And the doctors weren’t gonna shut you up, so it was up to me.

Dad: *rubs his eye* Saying “shut up, dear” was too much for you?

Mom: *sarcastically* Well, I’m sorry honey but I was having SUCH a good time experiencing the unbearable pain it clouded what little judgement I had left. It was either tell you to be quiet or knock you out.

Gwen: *gives her mom a confused look* And you chose to sucker punch Dad?

Mom: *hands the bowl of popcorn to Gwen* It did both of us some good. He was finally quiet and I know I felt better. *chuckles*

Gwen: *covers her eyes and shakes her head* Dad, you may not have a glass jaw, but if you have any more kids, you may end up with a glass eye. *laughs*

Dad: Ha Ha Ha. That’s cute. Now can we watch the DVD? *picks up Mom and carries her bridal style into the living room kicking and giggling*

Gwen watches her parents cuddle on the couch and thinks to herself {Am I gonna act that goofy when I get married?} She walks in and sits on the couch between her parents and watches the footage of her mom in the middle of her contractions. Her dad was there cheering her on, his camera fixed on the pained and annoyed expression on her face, trying to encourage her. Mom is giving him AND some of the doctors death glares and mouthing some “colorful” words to the camera that Gwen hopes will be cut out. {Dang, mom. You know you could have asked to be knocked out during your birth.}

(On the DVD)

Doctor: *slips his latex gloves over his hands and looks at Mom over his blue surgical mask* Now, Mrs. Turner. How are we feeling?

Mom: *with an annoyed look on her face* WE?! What do you mean WE?! I feel like I’m pushing a Hummer through a drinking straw! How the HELL do you think I’m feeling?! *groans loudly-almost growling* GET THIS KID OUT OF ME!!!! The next person to tell me to “breathe” or “push” is gonna be picking themselves off the floor! *points to the floor with authority*

Dad: *too excited to hear the threat that Mom just made to the entire delivery room* It’s time, Honey! PUSH!!

[Living Room]

Gwen: *covers her eyes* I can’t watch. *sound of a punch being landed* OK. That sounded like it hurt. *opens her fingers and peeks through at her embarrassed father* Dad. WHY did you go and say that?

Dad: *looks at Gwen with a goofy look on his face* Your Honor, I plead insanity. *everyone laughs as the footage rolls to the point where MyaDawn is given to her mom. Everyone goes “awww” and her father looks at Gwen* Um, Gwen? Can I ask you something?

Gwen: *looks at her dad* Sure, what?

Dad: Why did you call your sister “Applehead”? *looks at her with a raised eyebrow*

Gwen: *looks as if she is accused of something* It’s not an insult, Dad. It’s just a nickname. But you gotta admit, she DID have a big head when she was born.

Mom: So did you, sweetie. *smirks*

Gwen: *pouts* That’s beside the point. This is about MyaDawn. Not me. *smirks* Besides she is growing into it nicely. {Thank goodness. Our family is weird enough as it is.}

**End Flashback**

Gwen was brought out of her memories by the loudspeaker announcing that her flight was about to leave.

P.A.: ATTENTION. FLIGHT 749 FOR TOKYO IS NOW BOARDING. PLEASE PROCEED TO GATE 16 IMMEDIATELY.

As she gathers her things to board the plane, she thinks about why she was going to Tokyo in the first place. Her parents took in a foreign exchange student from Japan last year; a girl named Keiko Ukimura. She and Gwen became best friends during her stay and have since stayed in touch through e-mail. In one of the e-mails, Keiko suggested that Gwen come to Japan and spend the year there. That almost never happened. Her parents tend to be overprotective and didn’t like the idea of their oldest so far away from them.

*Flashback*

Gwen: Please, Mom. This is the chance of a lifetime. I’ll write every day and I’ll be staying with Keiko. You know she’s nice and you met her parents. Come on, what could possibly happen? *She thinks back to the first time she went with her first Tae Kwon Do competition where her opponent grabbed her butt hours after the contest ended. She expressed her disapproval by kicking him in the crown jewels. The boy doubled over and let out a scream that could shatter glass within a 100 foot radius. She looks at her mom who was giving her the “you were saying” look* Let me rephrase that. ‘~’

Dad: *steps in and tries to convince her mom that this is a good idea* Come on, honey. She’s responsible. You know as well as I do that kid deserved what he got. And besides we have friends that will take care of her. (A/N: You’ll find out who his friend is later)

Gwen: Please, please, mom? *bats her eyelashes and gives her the puppy dog pout*

Mom: *caves in–as usual ^_~* Okay, okay. You can go to Japan. But you better write every day. *whispers in Gwen’s ear* Oh, and if you see a talking Pikachu doll....(A/N: Don’t own Pokemon or that kawaii Pikachu.)

Gwen: Get it for Applehead. I know. *smiles and gives her mom a huge hug* Thanks, Mom! *hugs her dad* Thanks, Dad! You guys ROCK!

Mom: *looks at her husband* Did you hear that, baby?

Dad: Yeah, we ROCK! *they both start to dance like Bill Cosby.....(shudders)...scary thought*

Gwen: *looks at her parents in complete embarrassment* Guys, I just gave you a compliment, don’t make me regret it. *smiles*

**End Flashback**

Gwen: *smiles* You gotta love ‘em.

[On the plane]

Gwen hooks up her laptop and starts listening to her downloaded music when she looks at her silver bracelet that her mother had given to her before she left home. It had jewels of every color in each of its seven coin settings. Upon looking at it, you’d think it was a piece of costume jewelry, but it was very real. She didn’t know why her mother had given it to her now; she had always thought that she’d get it when she graduated or something special like that. She was not the only one looking at the bracelet; a man with short blonde hair, a long black duster jacket and shades was also looking at it with great interest when his cell rang.

Man: *flips open his cell* Talk to me. (Indistinct voice from the phone) Yes, she’s right in front of me and she has the bracelet. (Voice) Don’t worry, Master. She won’t interfere with your plans...or anyone else’s for that matter. *evil chuckle*

[Tokyo Airport]

Gwen arrives in Tokyo where she has a difficult time looking for the baggage claim; not only was it huge, it was also terribly crowded. She wanted to find the baggage claim desperately because along with her belongings, she brought her pet ferret, Trixie. She was about to throw up her hands and admit defeat when she sees a sign that had her name painted in big red capital letters. She followed the sign until she came upon the person holding it up and jumping excitedly.

Gwen: Keiko!! *runs and hugs her friend* Man, am I glad to see you. How are you, girl?

Keiko: *hugs back and smiles* I’m great! Things have been kinda crazy lately, but good. Lemme look at you.

Keiko takes a long look at her long-distance friend. Gwen had long, straight black hair in a ponytail, dark brown eyes, a red tank top and black hipster flare jeans with hand-painted flowers on the cuffs. She had an amazing figure from all the gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do she did.

Keiko: I better warn you. I have a couple of girl-crazy friends and when the see you, they’ll freak. So be on your guard. *laughs*

Gwen: Oh, don’t worry about me, KU-KU. (A/N: Her nickname for her) I can handle myself just fine. *chuckles* But you can help me with something. Just WHERE is the baggage claim around here? I have to find Trixie. *anxious because she knows how her ferret gets*

Keiko: Oh, she’s here too? Cool! Follow me.

After finding the baggage claim and getting some lunch, Keiko’s parents drive Gwen to where she will be staying for the year. It was a nice two-story house with plenty of room for Gwen and her stuff; it even had a special place just for her ferret.

Gwen: Now you don’t mind that I brought my ferret, do you?

Mrs. Ukimura: Of course not. We’ve been meaning to get Keiko a pet for a while. Speaking of whom, Keiko, will you show Gwen her room?

Keiko: Okay, Mom. *gets Gwen’s lighter bags* Come on. I can’t wait for you to meet my friends. I gotta tell you that some of them aren’t exactly normal. `~`

Gwen: Neither am I, so we’ll get along just fine. *grins*

After Gwen unpacks her things, Keiko takes her to her “boyfriend’s” apartment where all but ONE of her friends are waiting for her.

Keiko: *knocks* Hey, Yusuke! Open up. I want you to meet someone. *silence* Yusuke? *knocks harder* YUSUKE, YOU JERK! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!

Yusuke: Man! Can’t I finish ONE game of Need for Speed without being interrupted? (A/N: Not mine.) *gets up and opens the door* Geez, Keiko! You coulda just ope-

He stopped in mid-rant when he sees Gwen for the first time. He was literally awestruck by her beauty. So much so that he started to drool all over himself.

Gwen: *snaps her fingers in front of his face to wake him up* Close your mouth, hun. You’re lettin’ flies in.

Keiko laughs at Yusuke’s expression (O.O) when he finally comes out of his trance.

Yusuke: *shakes hid head* Oh, yeah, sorry about that. Come on in. *The girls walk in and Kuwabara bolts towards Gwen and grabs her hand*

Kuwabara: HI! I’M THE GREAT KAZUMA KUWABARA! WHAT’S YOUR NAME? WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FOOD? WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC? WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Gwen: Gwen, red, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, anything danceable and DO I LOOK LIKE I’M ON CRACK? *pulls her hand away*

With that Yusuke falls over laughing his head off.

Yusuke: Well, congratulations Kuwabara. You just broke the record for consecutive turn downs in one lifetime. *still laughing*

A girl with blue hair and a bubbly personality introduces herself and the rest of the gang.

Botan: Hello, I’m Botan. It’s nice to finally meet you. *shakes her hand and notices her bracelet* My, what a gorgeous bracelet! Where did you get it?

Gwen: My mother gave it to me before I left home.

Botan: Well, I’ve never seen anything like it before. It’s absolutely beautiful! *still gawking at it*

Hiei: *looks at the scene with his annoyed expression* Will you let the girl’s hand go already? You’re frightening her. *in his usual stoic attitude*

Botan: *looks at Hiei and rolls her eyes* Oh, and Mister Sunshine over there is Hiei. *points her thumb over to where Hiei was sitting.*

Gwen: *looks at him and cocks her head to one side looking him over, paying attention to his gravity-defying hair* Man! And I though I got bad hair days.

Hiei: Hn! *glares at her*

Yukina: Oh, never mind him. He’s always like that. *shakes Gwen’s hand* I’m Yukina. Nice to finally meet you, Gwen. Keiko told us a lot about you.

Shizuru: Yeah, like your love for Tae Kwon Do. I’m Shizuru. *shakes Gwen’s hand* The knucklehead that tried to propose to you was my little bro. I was gonna use the Jaws of Life to pry him off of you but it looked like you can handle yourself all right.

Gwen: Thanks.

Keiko: *looks around the room* Hey where’s Kurama?

Yusuke: His mom called and asked him to pick up some things from the store for her. He’ll be here later. *goes back to his video game, which he stinks at* GO, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SCRAP METAL!! GO!!

Gwen: *looks at Yusuke’s feeble attempt to beat the course’s high score* You really think you can beat the record like that?

Yusuke: *turns and looks at Gwen with a smug look* You think YOU can do better, girlie? *hands her the controller*

Gwen: *takes the controller* Sure. But not with this hunk o’ junk. *goes to “options” and chooses the fastest car there* Now, sit back and let me show you how it’s done. *she completes the course in record time, much to Yusuke’s surprise*

Yusuke: *folds his arms and mutters under his breath* Hmmph. Beginner’s Luck.

Kuwabara: *laughs* You got beat by a girl! *points and laughs....and gets beat down by Yusuke...again*

Gwen: *looks at Keiko and points to Yusuke and Kuwabara fighting* Does that always happen?

Keiko: *sweatdrops and gives a frustrated sigh* Yeah, pretty much.

Gwen: I.....uh. I think I’ll walk to the store. I need a caffeine hit in the worst way.

Keiko: I’ll go with you. I wanna get something to snack on too. You guys want anything?

*everyone yells out their order* Okay, we’ll be back in a flash.

The girls walk two blocks from Yusuke’s place to the nearest store which had the best chocolate bars in the city. Keiko walks in but Gwen hears a strange sound coming from a nearby alley, like punches landing and groans. She walks around and she sees four very large thugs kicking someone in the stomach repeatedly. She sensed something weird about them, but shrugged it off. She takes a closer look and sees a red-headed boy in a pink suit; the pants legs and sleeves were badly torn from the brawl he was in and he was bleeding from the cuts on his arms, legs and face. He looks at Gwen and reaches his hand out to her.

Red-head: *in a groaning whisper* Help me. Please.

She looks at his brilliant green eyes that were pleading to her, then looked at the brutish thugs laughing and jeering at this poor soul and her anger grew. Which was rare because she hardly got mad at all, let alone so easily. She despised bullies and seeing a four-on-one deal made her that much more furious. She balled her fist and shouted to the thugs.

Gwen: LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Thug 1: * turns to her and laughs* Well would you lookee what we got here. This little hippy chick came to rescue you, Red. Ain’t that cute?

Thug 2: What should we do to her, boss?

Thug 3: *looks her over with a hungry look crossing his ugly face* She’s hot. I have a few ideas. *leers at her lustfully*

Gwen: *puts her left hand on her hip* Stick your tongue back in your head, dog boy.

Thug 3: Or what? You’re gonna put it back in for me, baby? *laughs*

Gwen: *as if by an unseen force, she walks to Thug 3 and punches him square in the mouth* Something like that.

Thug 4: So we got ourselves a funny girl. *snaps his fingers* Get her!!

The thugs turn their attention away from the pummeled victim lying on the ground and quickly surround Gwen. They swiftly position themselves and move in for attack, but suddenly stop. Not because they wanted to, but because they were paralyzed. A white aura surrounded all of the thugs and they were lifted into the air and mercilessly slammed together like cymbals. After the “meeting of the minds” ended, (A/N: What minds? ^_~) Gwen nodded her head down and they dropped to the asphalt with resounding thuds. Thug #1 looked at Gwen and saw that she was standing fists clenched, her ponytail blowing in a wind that nobody felt, and her eyes that were supposed to be dark brown were milk white, as if she was possessed.

Thug 1: Girl, you just made a BIG mistake! NOBODY does that to the CRIMSON DRAGONS and lives to tell about it! ATTACK!!

They all charge at her at once with chains and pipes and anything they picked up off of the ground, but that didn’t help them one bit since they were thrown out of the alley and into the one on the other side of the street by the same force that slammed them together before. They slowly got up and ran away screaming like chickens with their heads cut off when Gwen came out of her trance-like state. She shook her head to regain some composure when the red-headed boy grabbed her ankle and weakly said “thank you”.

She tries to pick him up when Keiko finds her in the alley.

Keiko: *gasps* Gwen! *looks at Kurama* What happened? *runs to help her*

Gwen: Some thugs were beating this guy up, and I ran to help.

 

Keiko: Well, where are they now?

Gwen: They bolted. And the strange this is...from the time they started to surround me to now....it’s all a blur. I don’t remember what happened. *She didn’t remember, but a certain red-head saw it all before he passed out*

Keiko: *looks at Gwen funny* Uh.....huh. Well, tend to his wounds; I’ll call Yusuke and the guys for help. *takes out her cell and dials Yusuke’s number* Yusuke, it’s Keiko. Come to the alley beside Osaka’s store and hurry! Kurama’s hurt!

***End of Chapter One***

I hope you like it so far. If I get enough reviews, I’ll update it.

Come on, I can’t give it to you all at once, now can I? *chuckles*

CIAO for now.













< br>