Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ Never Use the "B" Word ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

AnimeJunkie: *runs around her room chasing her ferret* TRIXIE! GET BACK HERE! *looks at the readers* Sorry. Give me a sec, ok? *corners Trixie and picks her up* Bad, girl. Why’d you run, huh? You know you’re gonna be in this chapter, don’t you? *Trixie squeaks and nuzzles AJ’s nose* Atta girl.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters, blah blah blah, yakkity shmakkity. *smiles* Anyhoo... *soap opera type music plays* We now return to Family Secrets. *looks at the person at the stereo* Thanks, Mom.

 

Mom: Anytime, honey.

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts

‘...’-everyone else’s thoughts

*********************************************************** *******************

Last time on FAMILY SECRETS.....

Keiko: Well, where are they now?

Gwen: They bolted. And the strange thing is...from the time they started to surround me to now...it’s all a blur. I don’t remember what happened. *She didn’t remember, but a certain red-head saw it all before he passed out.*

Keiko: *looks at Gwen funny* Uh....huh. Well, tend to his wounds; I’ll call Yusuke and the guys for help. *takes out her cell and calls Yusuke’s number* Yusuke, It’s Keiko. Come to the alley beside Osaka’s store and hurry! Kurama’s hurt!

****************************************************************** ************

[Yusuke’s apartment]

The door opens and Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei carry Kurama to the couch in the living room where Botan, Yukina and Shizuru were waiting.

Botan: *gasps and covers her mouth* Oh my....what happened? *runs to the couch*

Shizuru: He looks like death warmed over. *in her usual deadpan tone*

Yukina: *using her healing powers on Kurama* He’ll be okay. Who did this to him?

Keiko: You better ask Gwen that. She witnessed it. *points to Gwen*

Gwen goes into detail about the events that happened in the alley earlier.

Gwen: ...and from the time they surrounded me to the time they ran away is all a blur. I blanked. That’s when Keiko found me and called you guys.

Yusuke: *paces back and forth* Hold up, you mean to tell us that you can’t remember how those thugs got beat up OR who did it? *looks at her in disbelief*

Gwen: *shrugs* Yeah. Believe me, I wish I could remember but I can’t. I don’t know why I zoned out like that. {I never did that before.}

Everyone was brought out of their thoughts by the sound of Kurama groaning.

(A/N: Gwen won’t make the connection between Shuichi and Kurama until later. ^_^)

Kuwabara: Kurama! You’re okay!

Kurama: *moans* Yes, I am. Thanks to her. *looks at Gwen and smiles*

Gwen looks at Kurama and notices just how beautiful his eyes were. They were the most amazing shade of green she’d ever seen; almost emerald-like. They complimented his flaming red hair perfectly, even if it was messed up from the fight.

Gwen: *smiles* I’m just glad you’re ok.

Kurama: *sits himself up* Well, as you’ve heard, my name is Kurama. And you are...

Gwen: *puts her arms behind her back* I’m nobody special. (A/N: That’s what SHE thinks.)

Kurama: After what you did, I beg to differ. Please tell me your name; I want to thank you properly for saving my life.

He looks at Gwen again with those gorgeous eyes of his. (A/N: Okay girls, all together now. SIGH, SWOON, DROOL! *Hears a thud in the background and looks at a fangirl who fainted* It never fails, does it?)

Gwen: It’s Gwen. *smiles and extends her hand to be shaken* Nice to meet you, conscious that is. *chuckles*

Kurama: Pleasure’s all mine. *kisses her hand*

Gwen thinks to herself as Kurama kisses her hand–{He is so sweet, not to mention cute. I bet he has a girlfriend. THAT would be just my luck.}

Kurama: /She’s beautiful. I bet someone like her has a boyfriend. Just my luck./

Hiei: *looks as if he’s about to toss his cookies* Kurama, if it’s not too much trouble, can you tell us what happened to you?

Kurama: Well, I was on my way back here from running that errand for my mother when I was dragged into an alley.

*Flashback*

[Alley beside Osaka’s Store]

Kurama was thrown down onto the asphalt where a tall, muscular thug stands over him. (A/N: He has the same build as Chu from the Dark Tournament) He had shoulder-length, greasy black hair and icy blue eyes that seemed to glow. He stared at Kurama with contempt as he spoke.

Thug 1: Where do you think you’re going, boy? Don’t you know this is Crimson Dragon turf you walked into? There’s a toll to walk through here so pay up!

Kurama: *gets up and brushes himself off* I’m sorry to tell you that you’re not getting a cent from me; and if you think otherwise, you’re sadly mistaken.

Thug 1: And if YOU think you’re getting out of this alley in one piece, YOU’RE sadly mistaken. *just then the other 3 thugs slink out from their hiding places to surround a very confident Kurama* (A/N: Don’t you just love that about him?)

Kurama: *looks around him to see not one, but four thugs* Typical. Well, if that’s how you want it. *the thugs throw punches and kicks but none of them connect because Kurama easily dodges them all*

Thug 2: *a thin, lanky dude, bald with a dragon tattoo on his head* Quit movin’ so much. *tries to get his punches to connect, but fails*

Thug 3: *short, chubby dude with a green mohawk* He’s too fast! He can’t be human. *can’t seem to connect with his assault*

Thug 4: *looks like Thug 1, but shorter and he has brown hair (looks kinda like Kaiba’s hair)* He’s not human. So what do ya say, Boss? Should we kick it up a notch? (Disclaimer: I don’t own Emiril Lagasse *don’t know how that’s spelled...sorry* or his catchphrases. Please don’t sue me.)

Thug 1: For once, you have a good idea. *pumps up his fist and yells* DRAGON ROAR!!!!

Before Kurama’s eyes, the four seemingly ordinary thugs morph into four dragon demons with shiny crimson scales, ivory-like claws and sharp fangs. (A/N: Imagine the dragon dudes from Jackie Chan Adventures....which I ALSO do not own. ^_^)

Kurama: Just as I thought. “A” class demons. I need to end this quickly. *grabs a rose from his hair* ROSE WHIP!! *he is shocked to discover that nothing happens* /What’s going on? I can’t use my whip!/ *tries to call for his whip again to no avail* /I can’t even summon my Youko powers./

Thug 1: AWWW, what’s the matter? Your little Rose Whip broken? *laughs*

Kurama: *feels his energy draining and looks at Thug 1 with disgust* What have you done to me?

Thug 1: Well since you won’t live long enough to worry about your powers, I suppose I could tell you. I am Akira, Leader of the Crimson Dragons. We are part of the Shogi Clan of demon dragons that were sealed away in the most barren part of Spirit World until someone set us free.

Now we pledge our loyalty to our new master. As to why your powers aren’t working, we Shogi have the ability to block another demons powers, as long as they are not stronger than ours. And since you’re a weak little “B” class demon, well...YOU do the math!

Thug 3: *attacks Kurama from behind* Sorry, Boss. I couldn’t wait anymore. *has a cheesy grin on his face*

Akira: It’s okay. Now we can have some REAL fun! DRAGONS ATTACK!!!

The Crimson Dragons attack a helpless and energy-sapped Kurama with devastating blows, slashing his clothes and cutting his body until he lies face down, almost motionless. After a while, the Dragons revert back to their human guises and continue to beat Kurama until Gwen walks in on them. (A/N: if you remember what happened in Chapter One, insert it here. ^_^)

**End Flashback**

Kurama: And that’s what happened.

Gwen: *looks at Kurama like he had grown a second head* Say what?

Kurama: It’s true. *looks at Gwen* You mean you never knew you could do that?

Gwen: That’s the first time I heard about it.

Hiei: *walks to Gwen and looks her over* Are you sure she did all that, Kurama? She looks like another weak ningen to me.

Gwen: *crosses her arms and looks at Hiei* Well, apparently I’m not as weak as you think, Short Stack.

Hiei: *glares at her* WHO ARE YOU CALLING “SHORT” YOU NINGEN B****! (A/N: you know what word to insert here.)

Now few things set Gwen off, but when you call her out of her name.......WHOA BOY!! Her fists clench, her eyes turned milky white, her hair flew up and Hiei went flying into the wall with a resounding crash! She calms down and returns to normal to see Hiei shaking and rubbing his head.

Gwen: *shocked* OH, MAN!! WHAT HAPPENED? I think I blacked out again.

  

Hiei: *staggers when he stands up* Hn. I stand corrected.

Kuwabara: *laughs* You’re barely standing at all, runt.

Hiei: *death glares at Kuwabara* Would you like to repeat that, Kuwabaka?

Kuwabara was about to repeat it but Yusuke covers his mouth just in time.

Yusuke: *looks at Gwen with wide eyes* Remind me to stay on your good side. *sweatdrop*

Shizuru: *looks impressed-which is a new expression for her* Her spirit energy just skyrocketed. Even more than Yusuke’s did in the Dark Tournament.

Botan: *was about to speak when her compact starts ringing* Hello? Yes, sir. I’ll be right over. *closes her compact* I’m sorry everyone, but I have to go. Duty calls.

Yusuke: The toddler has another assignment for us?

Botan: I don’t know. He didn’t say anything to me....he just wants me to come to Spirit World immediately. I’ll let you know what he wants later. Bye. *walks out*

Yukina: Kurama, you said that those dragon demons blocked your powers because they were stronger than you, right?

Kurama: Yes.

Yukina: Well, why weren’t Gwen’s powers suppressed? *looks at Gwen*

Gwen: What? I’m no demon. At least I don’t THINK I am. If I am, that would explain SO much.

Kurama: She’s no demon; Gwen is definitely human. But her spirit energy is staggering.

Gwen: Whoa, hold on. I didn’t even know I could DO all that stuff. *just then her backpack starts to shake and everyone looks at it in fear*

Yusuke: Uh...Gwen? I think your backpack is haunted. *backs away*

Gwen: *walks to her pack and opens it, pulling something long and brown out of it. * Chill, Yusuke. It’s my pet ferret, Trixie. *Trixie crawls on top of her head and squeaks* (A/N: They’re cute if you get a chance to see one.)

Keiko: *giggles* Hi there, Trixie. *goes to pet her and Trixie crawls onto her arm and shimmies up to her neck, nuzzling it* You remember me, don’t you? *pets her*

Yukina: It’s so kawaii!! *pets Trixie*

Keiko: Oh, Puu should meet her. Puu! Come here, Puu! *In flies a little blue fuzzball with a tuft of black hair on the top of it’s head*

Puu: Puu!!

Keiko: Puu, I want you to meet Trixie. Trixie, Puu.

Puu: *looks at Trixie* Puu?

*Trixie squeaks happily*

Puu: *pets Trixie* Puu! *happy*

Kuwabara: Hey, Gwen. When you went all “Exorcist” (A/N: Don’t own.....WAY too creepy! >.<) on Hiei, I noticed that the diamond on your bracelet glowed. Does that always happen?

Gwen: I never knew it did that. *looks at her bracelet*

Keiko: *looks at her watch* Whoa! It’s getting late. Gwen, we better get going.

Gwen: Okay. *picks up Trixie* I guess I’ll see you guys after school tomorrow. I start at Meioh High.

Kurama: Really? I go to Meioh High. So I guess I’ll see you there. *smiles at Gwen*

Gwen: I guess you will. *smiles at him and waves goodbye to everyone*

Keiko and Gwen walk out of Yusuke’s apartment leaving the remaining members of the crew pondering about Keiko’s new friend. Kurama was wondering if Gwen would have any classes with him.

[Inside Keiko’s house]

Gwen is in her room typing in her e-diary when Keiko knocks on her door.

Keiko: *knocks* Gwen? Can I come in?

Gwen: *saves her entry and logs off* Sure. Door’s open.

Keiko: *walks in and sits on Gwen’s chair* Well, today was interesting, wasn’t it? *Trixie jumps onto her lap*

Gwen: Tell me about it. *sits on her bed and kicks her legs*

Keiko: Has that ever happened to you before today?

Gwen: You mean my possession? Nope. That was the first time anything like that has ever happened to me.

Keiko: Well, I’m sure Kurama is thankful that you went psycho. I think he likes you. *gives Gwen a sly grin*

Gwen: Get out. He probably has a significant other.

Keiko: Too bad, ‘cause I think you two would make an awesome couple. *grins*

Gwen: *shrugs* I guess we’ll never know, will we. *just then the blue gem on her bracelet glows, but neither of them notice* I better get to sleep. *yawns* I’ll see you in the morning, ok?

Keiko: Okay. *gets up and puts Trixie on her special bed* Good night.

 

Gwen: Good night. *turned the light out*

Outside Gwen’s window, the same man who was watching Gwen on the plane speaks to his Master on his cell.

Man: Yes, she is definitely the one. No, I won’t fail Master. We will acquire the bracelet and the gems. And nobody will stop demons from taking over the Living World. *sinister chuckles*

***End of Chapter Two***

A/N: Sorry to tease you like that...actually, no I’m not. ^_~

If you like it, Please review and I’ll update. Be honest and let me know what you might wanna happen. I’m always open to suggestions.

CIAO for now.