Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ Windows to the Soul ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

[AnimeJunkie’s Room]

AJ: Sorry about taking so long posting the new chapter(s). I was helping my mother cook and set up for the holidays. I make a MEAN dressing and apple jelly cake. So how was YOUR holiday, guys?

Kuwabara: *pats his belly* I ate myself into bad health. *belches and sniffs the air* That must be the turkey Mom made.

Keiko: *waves her hand in front of her face* UGH!!! That’s just gross, Kuwabara.

AJ: So. What gifts did you all get?

Yusuke: I got a PS2. *playing Need for Speed* I REFUSE to let a girl beat me!!!! GO, YOU STUPID SCRAP HEAP, GO!!!!!!

Kuwabara: My gift is over there. *points to an orange striped kitten playing with Eikichi and Trixie* And Eikichi has a new playmate. *grins*

Hiei: ‘Great another cat.’ *backs away* Kurama gave me this.

  

He pulled out a brand new silver-lined black hooded cloak with a golden dragon embroidered on the back. He turned to Kurama and gave his trademark ‘Hn’-his way of saying ‘thank you’.

Kurama: Someone gave me this artist’s sketchpad and box of colored pencils.

Botan: *looks at Kurama’s gifts with great interest.* Whoever gave those to you had excellent taste. That’s artist quality; and not cheap, either.

Kurama: There was no card or anything. But to whoever DID send these to me, thank you very much.

AJ: *smiles* {You’re welcome.}

Shizuru: The rest of the girls and I got new outfits. *tries not to smile, but fails miserably*

AJ: So THAT’S what you look like when you smile. It’s nice. *smiles* So what did you get, Genkai?

Genkai: Koenma gave me a week’s vacation at a spa. *grins* Seaweed wraps, here I come!

Koenma: What did YOU get, AJ?

AJ: Some much needed time to think of the new chapters. Let’s see if it helped.

(Disclaimer) I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho or it’s characters, or their movies, or their episodes...NO FAIR!!!!! *pouts* I DO have some pics (A/N: *cough* Mostly of Kurama *cough*). BTW, my e-mail addy is animejunkie74@yahoo.com.For those who reviewed, e-mail me and I’ll send you some cool Kurama pics. Or what ever YYH pics you want, just let me know and I’ll get them for ya! *smiles* And I’d like to give a special shout-out to all those who reviewed my fic. (A/N: I might have mentioned some of you before, so bear with me. ^_^) (MM.ORG)-SHIO, KURAMALADY, KURAMAS GURL,, AZAR, THE FLUFFSTER0, ANIME ME11, LORD FLUFFY RULEZ, DIVINESPIRIT00, (ANIMESPIRAL.COM)-HIEILUVER, DARK KITSUNE, DRAGONBEE92, ELECTRA, (E-FICTION.ORG)- PAULA, AIRA, SKOTTER, XPLICIT KHMER, OUTLAW EPEON, POIZENTHORNZ, LEIKO-CHAN, ABBY NORMAL, NEKO-CHAN, HIEIS BAKA ONNA, BLURRY MOON, ANIMEFANGIRL, KONBANWA MEGAMI, B.D.F., KASOUNA, VASH THE STAMPEDE(NLI), and an EXTRA SPECIAL BIG UPS to YYH RRK INY for giving me the idea for this chapter. *everyone blows trumpets and noisemakers* Hope you like it!!! And again, SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG! *bows*

ALL: AND NOW.........FAMILY SECRETS!

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts

~...~-Youko’s thoughts

‘...’-Everyone else’s thoughts

*********************************************************** *******************

LAST TIME on FAMILY SECRETS................

Kurama: *brushes her black hair from in front of her face* /Looks like I’m not the only one who owes you their lives. We’re all alive now because of you./

Youko: ~She’s quite a woman, Kurama. I, too, owe her my life.~

Kurama: I promise you, Gwen. Even if it takes my last breath, I’ll repay you. *bends down and kisses her cheek, just barely kissing the corner of her mouth.* I’ll protect you with my life. *caresses her cheek* /Because I refuse to live without you./

Yusuke: *peeking in on them* We ALL will, fox. We all will.

Youko: ~Don’t leave me out.~

Kurama: /I wouldn’t dream of it, Youko./

**************************************************************** **************

[Genkai’s Temple-Two days later]

It was now Sunday morning and Gwen still hasn’t woken up from her ordeal with the now defunct Crimson Dragons. Genkai and the others-except for Kurama-sat and paced nervously in the living room waiting and worrying about the young woman who had saved them two days ago. Yukina walks in and sits next to Kuwabara who looks at her with heart-shaped eyes. (A/N: Gag me.)

Yusuke: *worried* How is she, Yukina? Any change?

Yukina: *sighs* No, she’s still asleep. Kurama’s still staying with her, though.

Kuwabara: How can anyone sleep so long? It’s not normal. *scoots closer to Yukina*

Genkai: That’s because she’s NOT normal, Kuwabara. Or have you forgotten the fact that her hair grew twice it’s length and shish-kabobed two dragon demons?

Yusuke: *yawns* Yeah, I slept like that before the Dark Tournament and I ended up okay. Granted I FOUGHT while I slept, but still. *chuckles*

Shizuru: After using that much energy, what did you expect her to do, the Macarena? (A/N: Don’t own, don’t WANNA own.)

Hiei: *from his usual corner* In any rate, she needs to train her body and mind to endure the amount of power she uses so she doesn’t black out again. She has to pace herself.

Kuwabara: As much as I HATE to say it, the shrimp’s right. (A/N: KUWABARA AGREES WITH HIEI!????????? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that. On with the story.)

Botan: Good plan. Now all we need is for Gwen to wake up.

[Genkai’s Bedroom]

Gwen was lying in her sensei’s bed in deep slumber as a certain worried red-head kept his vigil; not once leaving her side except for the obvious.

Kurama: *whispers and caresses her face gently* I know you need your rest to regain your energy, but please, wake up soon. I want to gaze into your sparkling, brown eyes again. I miss seeing you smile at me and the lilt in your voice when you say my name.

Youko: ~And the way she looks with her hair wet and clinging to her shoulders....~

Kurama: /Not NOW, Youko!/

Youko: ~I was just trying to lighten the mood. *smirks*~

Kurama: /*sighs* Thanks./

Youko: ~With everything that’s happened, don’t you think you should tell her the truth? About US? I mean she DOES deserve to know. You’re falling for her and I think she feels the same way about you.~

Kurama: *still stroking her hair* /You’re right. But I’m afraid.../

Youko: ~Of what? You can’t be worried about her freaking out when she finds out you’re a demon. Knowing her, she might think it’s the first NORMAL thing that’s happened.~

Kurama: /NO! I’m afraid I might lose whatever trust we have because I DIDN’T tell her./

Youko: ~I still think you should let ME talk to her.~ *smirks seductively*

Kurama: /Like LAST TIME?/ *glares at Youko*

Youko: ~You’re STILL not upset about that night are you?~

Kurama: *lets out an exasperated sigh* /Just let me handle this, okay?/

Youko: ~TCH. Fine.~ *mutters under his breath* ~Chicken.~

Kurama: /I HEARD THAT!!/

As Kurama was busy having a debate with his darker self..and losing, Gwen was in the middle of a very interesting dream.

[Gwen’s Mind]

Gwen was wandering aimlessly through a dark macabre forest of what was the Makai (A/N: She doesn’t know that...YET! ^_~). She hears the screeches and shrieks that surrounded her grow louder and she started to break into a sprint. She was going at a good pace until she runs into a group of demons that seemed to be in the middle of a hunt. (A/N: Lucky her! >.<) The leader looked down at her with fangs beared.

Ito: Well, well, well. What do we have here? *sniffs her* You have a nice aroma, girl. Very tasty! *licks his lips*

Gwen: *stands up slowly and glares a them* {Why does it seem like every evil demon wants to either kill me or eat me?} Look, why don’t you just take your little snaggletooth friends and get lost. I have better things to do. {Like get the heck OUTTA HERE!}

She slowly walks backwards and bumps into the pack’s second in command who looked down at her with her fangs dripping.

Sachi: But we must insist that you stay for dinner. *smirks evilly*

Gwen: And I must insist on declining your invite. BYE!

She tries to run but Sachi wraps her arm around Gwen’s waist and holds her as Ito walks closer to her and cups her face with his hand.

Ito: Feisty little thing, aren’t you? *squeezes the cheeks on her face* (A/N: You KNOW what would happen if he squeezed her OTHER cheeks, right? ^_~) Yes, nice and tender.

Gwen: *punches Ito in the face and wriggles out of Sachi’s grasp.* EAT THIS!

She clenches her fists but to her horror, nothing happens; even her jewels didn’t glow...not even a flicker! Realizing this, she makes a mad dash out of the forest, just barely ducking under low-hanging branches, and into a canyon hoping to lose the very hungry demons chasing her. No such luck. It wasn’t until she looked back at these cannibals that she was cornered.

Ito: You insolent little wench; I’ll enjoy slow-roasting you over a spit!

Gwen: {What’s going on? I can’t use my powers!} I don’t suppose you’d consider going vegan? *Ito and his demon clan inch closer to her as she is backed into a cliff with no hope of escape* I guess not. {Uh, I could use an effectively timed rescue right about now!}

As if on cue, she hears two words echo through the canyon.

Voice: ROSE WHIP!!!!!!

A green, thorn covered vine broke through the night and slashed all of the cannibalistic demons into pieces; much like they were about to do to Gwen. All except one. Her savior expertly bounded down the canyon walls and landed in front of her with his face hidden by the shadows.

Gwen: *breathes a sigh of relief* Thanks, whoever you are. I was about to be Rotisserie Gold for a minute!

Kurama: *walks out of the shadows* It was my pleasure, milady.

Gwen: *she was like this..O.O* Shuichi??? What are YOU doing here? And where IS here?

Kurama: It’s a long story......

Ito: *from behind Gwen with his sword drawn ready to slice* Then allow me to SHORTEN it for you both!

Before his sword advanced, a demon-eating plant (A/N: Imagine a really HUGE Venus Fly Trap.) sprang up between him and Gwen and proceeded to gorge on its victim. The owner of this not-so-garden-variety plant stepped forward out of the shadows and made himself known.

Youko: Miss me, beautiful? *winks*

Gwen: No, but thanks for saving me. *brings her hand to her forehead* But I’m still confused. Just WHAT in the WWF (A/N: now the WWE-don’t own) is going on? Why am I here and how did YOU get here?

Gwen stops her ranting when she sees Shuichi and Youko walk towards each other and meld into one person; as he walked towards Gwen, the images of Youko and Shuichi switch back and forth.

Gwen: *rubs her eyes* What the..........*backs up*

Kurama: *reaches out to her* Please, Gwen.....*the same image switches to Youko with his arm out*

Youko: Don’t be afraid of us.

Gwen: {Too late for that!} Just who or what ARE you...BOTH of you!?

Youko & Kurama: *in unison* You’ll find out soon enough, trust us. But until then, we need you to wake up....*the words “wake up” echo as she is brought out of her confusing dream and into the waking world.*

Kurama: *gently shaking her* Gwen, wake up. You’re having a bad dream. Wake up.

Gwen: *comes out of her sleep swinging* GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!

Without knowing it, her arm does a haymaker windmill move, whacks Kurama upside the head and knocks him off her bed with a thud. Gwen finally opens her eyes to see what poor soul she hit; she peers over the side and sees Kurama with this look on his gorgeous face...@.@

Gwen: Oh, my....*jumps out of bed an kneels beside an unconscious Kurama shaking him by the shoulders* Shuichi, I’m so sorry. Are you alright?

Kurama: *dizzy* I will be when I stop seeing five of you. *shakes his head* I’m fine now, but you sounded like you were having a nightmare.

Gwen: Well, I wouldn’t call it a nightmare...just a weird dream. *blushes when she sees that her hands are on Kurama’s shoulders* Um....*lets go* Yeah.

Kurama: I think I better leave you alone so you can take a shower. I’ll let everyone know you’re finally awake. *gets up and slowly walks out the door* I’m glad you’re okay, Gwen. *smiles*

Gwen: Thanks, Shuichi. *smiles*

Gwen changes out of her clothes and walks into the shower. She turns on the warm water and proceeds to wash her black hair and the rest of her body. As she cleanses herself, she thinks back to the strange dream she woke up from.

Gwen: {First, I find myself in a world I have never been in, I almost get eaten by bloodthirsty demons, Shuichi saves me...which is good, then that perverted fox dude saves me...which is good, but creepy, and the two of them merge into one person. And the weirdest dream I had before then was when I dreamed I was a Power Ranger.} (A/N: Don’t own.) Just what does Shuichi and that fox guy have to do with each other?

[Genkai’s Living Room]

Yusuke and the gang stand up when they see Kurama walk in with a smile on his face, and the whelp he got when Gwen smacked him.

Yusuke: Well, judging by the mark on your face, I’d say Gwen was up.

Kurama: *chuckles* Yeah, she is. And I’d say she has ALL of her strength back...and THEN some. *touches his head where he was hit and yelps silently* Ow.

Hiei: Hn. The great Kurama gets decked by a ningen onna.

Kuwabara: Zip it, Shorty!!! That NINGEN ONNA saved our necks!

Botan: *looks at the figure standing in the doorway and shrieks happily* GWEN!!! YOU’RE OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs to her and hugs so tightly Gwen starts to turn blue* WE WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!

Gwen: *gasping* AIR!!!!!!!

Genkai: Botan, let her go before you suffocate her!

Botan: Oops, sorry. *lets Gwen go and chuckles* I didn’t hurt you, did I?

Gwen: *wheezes* No, I think my ribs will heal in a few years. *laughs* Now, how about I cook everyone breakfast today?

Hiei: Are you sure you’re up to it?

Gwen: I think I can cope, Little Man! *Hiei glares at her playfully, which is a switch for him*

Yukina: Do you want any help?

Gwen: Sure, thanks. I’ll whip up a good ol’ Southern breakfast. The rest of you just sit tight and let us take care of things.

Everyone smiles and voices their agreement ad Gwen and Yukina start the preparations for breakfast. An hour and a half later, there was a huge spread of food in the dining room. Gwen walks into the living room and rings a small crystal bell.

Gwen: *in a BAD British accent* Ladies and gentlemen, breakfast is served.

Yusuke: *sniffs the air and drools* Kuwabara, do you smell what I smell?

Kuwabara: MMM, I sure do!

Both: WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two Spirit Chowhounds and everyone else run into the dining room where, on the long, already set table, were platters filled with bacon, sausage patties, biscuits, a pitcher of syrup, butter pats on a saucer, milk, orange juice, assorted fruits and a platter full of her Grandma Nano’s Secret recipe waffles. {A/N: The secret is cinnamon...YUM!}

Kuwabara: Pretty, smart, can kick ass, AND COOK? What CAN’T YOU DO, Gwen?

Yusuke: *looks at Gwen with dreamy eyes* Gwen, will you marry me?

Kuwabara: Dream on, Urameshi! I’m marrying her!

Yusuke: NO WAY! I CALLED HER FIRST! *goes into another childish fight*

Keiko and Yukina: *coughing and glaring at their two boyfriends* HELLO!?!? REMEMBER US?

Yusuke and Kuwabara stop in mid-swing to look at their annoyed girlfriends.

Yusuke: Uh, *chuckles* you know we were just kidding, right Keiko?

Keiko: *tries to stay mad at him, but can’t* I hate you, Yusuke. *smiles*

Gwen: *sits next to Shuichi* Now that THAT’S over, let’s dig in!

[After Breakfast]

After everyone was finished eating and Botan and Genkai washed the dishes, Yusuke announces that they need to stock up on groceries.

Yusuke: ‘Man, the only thing left in the fridge is a lemon and a box of Arm and Hammer!’ ANYONE NEED A RIDE TO THE STORE? OR ANYWHERE?

Botan: The girls and I want to go to the mall; can you drop us off?

Yusuke: Yeah, who else?

Genkai: I better come with you. If I don’t, all we’ll have is a month supply of cheese doodles and orange soda.

Gwen: I’ll stay here, guys. I really don’t feel like going out.

Kurama: I’ll stay here with Gwen, in case someone attacks.

Hiei: Hn. I’d rather go with Yusuke and the BAKA. Anything’s better than being stuck here.

[Later that day]

Gwen decided to keep busy by cleaning the temple while everyone was out running errands. Or at least as much as she could since the place was enormous. She had the stereo playing full blast so she could listen to her music while she cleaned. She danced and sang along when one of her favorites came on; “Yeah” by Usher. Kurama walked in on her and watched her sultry dancing from behind while she dusted off the shelves in the living room; his eyes traveled down the curves of her body and stopped at her backside. Kurama smiled to himself as he struggled to figure out how this woman found her way into his life; Youko was trying to figure out how to get her into his pants. (A/N: BAKA HENTAI!)

Youko: ~MMM! I bet you could bounce a quarter off of her....~

Kurama: /YOUKO!!! Don’t you dare say it!/

Youko: ~Why? Do YOU want to? *chuckles*~

Kurama: /You KNOW that’s not what I meant!/

Youko: ~You had another chance to kiss her but you didn’t. WHY???~

Kurama: /It doesn’t mean much if the person you’re kissing is UNCONSCIOUS!/

Kurama continues to watch Gwen’s seductive movements and she sings to “Baby Boy” by Beyonce’ and his mischievous darker half can’t seem to control himself any longer.

Youko: ~I must have her!~

Kurama: /Youko, NOOOO...You.....Can’t.../

It was no use. A silver mist engulfed Kurama where he stood and when the smoke cleared, a very eager Youko stood in his place. He looks at Gwen’s backside and growls to himself.

Youko: ~Now the fun begins. I let you go before, but not this time.~

Youko slowly walks behind an unsuspecting Gwen and stands so close to her she notices the difference in body heat. She freezes when she feels Youko’s hot breath caress her cheek.

Gwen: Shuichi?

Youko: *whispers in her ear* No.

Gwen: *whips around and gasps when she sees the tall silver fox she encountered once before stand in front of her* You again. *glares* Isn’t there a strip club you should be haunting?

Youko: Why go there when the REAL show is about to start here? *winks and playfully growls at her*

Gwen: You better back up, Jack! I got something in my hand that can really hurt you!!! *shakes her fist*

Youko: *laughs* You mean your .38 caliber FEATHER DUSTER!?

Gwen: Huh? *looks down at her hand* {Great! Why can’t I be cooking right now? At least I’d be holding a butcher knife.} *throws the duster away*

Youko: *chuckles* That was funny. I like you. I like you a LOT. *steadily closes the gap between him and Gwen*

Gwen: I’m not gonna say this again! You better get away or......OH MY GOD, IT’S GODZILLA! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Youko: WHAT? WHERE?

As Youko turns and looks out the window to see this creature she called “GODZILLA”, Gwen took this opportunity to run out of the living room and hide until the gang returned. Since he didn’t see anything, Youko turns back around only to see that the object of his “affection” (A/N: *cough*UNBRIDLED*cough* ANIMAL*cough*LUST*cough*) has disappeared.

Youko: *sweatdrops* I can’t believe I fell for that.

Kurama: /Neither can I! You’re making me look bad!/

Youko: No matter. I enjoy a good hunt. *smirks and gives chase*

Youko quickly runs through the entire temple looking for his raven-haired prey and laughs as he thinks back to the childish trick he so stupidly fell for. ~I still can’t believe she got me with that.~ He flits outside and searches the grounds while Gwen summons up her invisibility as she did at school. {Invisible, make me invisible!} Just as she opens her eyes, she noticed that she was now invisible. Hopefully, invisible enough to keep her hidden from the obviously deprived Youko that was stalking her.

Gwen: *stands in the hallway while still invisible* {I think I’d like it better if he was trying to kill me.} Is there any way to turn that guy off?

Unbeknownst to her, a certain fox demon was sneaking up behind her as she was searching for an ideal place to hide. Just as she was about to turn the corner, Youko grabs her arms and hugs her.

Youko: Gotcha!

Gwen: *screams and slowly turns visible again* I don’t get it! HOW DID YOU FIND ME?

Youko: You can make your body invisible all you like. I may not be able to SEE you, but I can still pick up your heavenly scent. *gently sniffs her hair* Mmm, peaches. Do you always smell so delicious?

Gwen: Only for people I like. *tries to wriggle free but Youko has a firm hold on her* Speaking of which, where’s Shuichi? What did you do to him?

Youko: *chuckles* Shuichi’s fine, my dear. He’s closer than you think. And don’t try to escape, I know every style of fighting there is.

Gwen: Really? I know ONE you don’t know.

Youko: Oh? What’s that?

Gwen: STREET!!!

Just then, she brings her right leg up behind her and mule kicks Youko in the nether region making him go cross-eyed and emit a scream that could break crystal. Gwen walked forward and watched as Youko grabbed the crotch of his pants and landed roughly on his knees. He rolled on his side and started to whimper in pain. Gwen, being too soft for her own good, couldn’t stand to see him suffer like that; especially since SHE was the cause. So she ran to the kitchen to fill an ice pack for the poor animal. {I’m gonna regret this, I know it.} She ran back to where the she knew the fox was laying and saw.....SHUICHI....in the same position Youko was in; holding his crotch and writhing in pain.

Gwen: Shuichi!? What happened? Did that fox demon do this to you?

Kurama: No, I’m okay. Really.

Gwen: Um...*blushes* I think you better do this. *gives him the ice pack*

Kurama: Thanks, Gwen. *takes the ice pack and places it in his lap* I’m sorry I couldn’t help you.

Gwen: {He is so sweet, always worried about me.} It’s ok, I know when the time comes, you’ll be my knight in shining armor.

Gwen leans in and gently kisses his cheek. As she did, the same visions that invaded her dream came back into her mind. This time the image of Youko appeared to her separately. He was running away from someone and there was a bat-like demon wearing a black hat with a silver buckle in the front and a long ponytail sticking out of the top with him. The bat demon was killed and the fox demon was shot. Gwen walked up to him and asked him...{Who are you?} ~I’m Shuichi. Rather, I’m part of him.~ After he said those words, Gwen regains her composure and breaks her peck on Shuichi’s cheek. Her eyes were wide and the redhead starts to become concerned.

Kurama: Gwen, what’s wrong? What happened? Say something, please.

Gwen: *gasps* Shuichi, you remember the dream I had this morning, where I knocked you out?

Kurama: Yes. I still have the bruise. *rubs his face*

Gwen: Well, in a nutshell, I was chased by demons and you saved me, along with a tall silver fox demon. And when I kissed you, I had another vision of him and when I asked him who he was, he said that he was YOU. Or a part of you. *looks into Kurama’s eyes* Be straight with me. Are you human or not? And if not, what does that fox demon have to do with you?

Kurama lowers his head and sighs heavily. He knew he had to tell her the truth; she deserved that. And he owed it to her for saving his life.

Kurama: Let’s go to the living room, I’ll explain on the way. *stands up slowly, still in some pain and walks with Gwen to the living room* That fox demon that kept chasing you is called Youko Kurama. He was known as the Master Thief of the Makai or Demon World. 300 years ago he was in the middle of a heist when a hunter shot him; he was wounded so bad and lost so much energy that he escaped into your world and inhabited the body of an unborn baby that had yet to develop a soul of its own. The baby was born to Shiori Minamino...

Gwen: Your mother?

Kurama: Yes. After living in your world for ten years, I had planned to leave and return to the Makai. But the love that she gave me changed my mind and I stayed. During the Dark Tournament, I battled with someone named Ura Urashima who used an item called the Idunn Box.

Gwen: What’s that?

Kurama: The Idunn Box had the power to revert whoever WASN’T holding it to their younger form.

Gwen: Whoa!! You mean that thing could have turned you into a baby or WORSE?

Kurama: Exactly. But unfortunately for him, the box had an interesting side effect. Instead of turning me into a baby, it reverted me back to my former self in my past life-Youko Kurama.

Later during the tournament’s finals, Suzuka gave a bottle of the juice that was used for the Idunn Box’s mist. Before my match with Karasu, I drank it and just when I was about to get killed, I transformed into Youko. He always pops up when I need him the most, but sometimes he makes an appearance when I need him the LEAST!

Gwen: Wait. Isn’t Youko YOU? Can’t you control him?

Kurama: No. Youko may be a part of me, but he has a separate mind and soul of his own.

Gwen: And appetite. *looks into his eyes* And why did you take so long to tell me this? I know we haven’t known each other long, but I’d thought that you could trust me. Is that it? You don’t trust me?

Kurama: *frustrated* Yes, I trust you. Gwen, I trust you with my life. It’s just that....

Gwen: What?

Kurama: I was scared. *looks into Gwen’s eyes* I’ve never felt this way about anyone and I don’t want to chase you away because of my secret. Or my horny alter-ego. I like you....and not the way Youko does.

Youko: ~You LIE!~

Gwen: Well, how can I trust you? *looks at Kurama*

Kurama: They say the eyes are to the windows to the soul. Look into my eyes.

Gwen did just that. She looked into Kurama’s brilliant emerald pools and searched his soul. As she did, she heard a velvety voice echo in her mind. /I do like you, Gwen. Please believe me./ They both lean in and their breath catches in their throats as they were dangerously close to kissing. Kurama took a chance and moved in to close the gap. In an instant, his soft pink lips made contact with the cherry-flavored lips of the girl he had a crush on. For what seemed like an eternity, he and Gwen engaged in a warm, tender kiss that took no more than a minute to complete. Youko knew that that one simple kiss ignited a fire within his redheaded host, and from what he could tell, it did the same for the ebony-locked girl sitting in front of him. They parted and looked into each other’s eyes again, this time with adoration for each other.

Gwen: Just for the record, Kurama, I DO trust you....it’s that hormone-driven FOX I don’t trust.

*chuckles*

Kurama: Duly noted. *smiles*

No sooner than they finished their kiss, the gang returns from their shopping escapade dragging in bags and packages filled with food and whatnot.

Yusuke: Hey! How about giving us a hand?

Gwen: Sure. *helps them bring in the packages*

Genkai: So what were you and Kurama up to while we were gone? *raises an eyebrow*

Kurama: We were just working out some trust issues. *smiles at Gwen*

Genkai: Speaking of working out, I expect you to be ready to continue your training tomorrow.

Gwen: Yes, Ma’am. *smiles to herself*

**END of CHAPTER 10**

AJ: I hope you guys liked that chapter. It took me a while to get this out due to the holidays.

Kurama: I think they will. I know I do.

Hiei: Of course you did, you finally got to kiss the girl.

Yusuke and Kuwabara break into the Disney song of the same from the Little Mermaid.

Keiko: AHHHHHHHHHH!!! MY EARS!!!!!

Everyone except Yusuke and Kuwabara laughs.

AJ: I’ll be better about the next chapters. But until then.....Please Read and REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW. CIAO FOR NOW!