Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ FAMILY SECRETS ❯ The Shape of Things to Come ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

FAMILY SECRETS

[AnimeJunkie’s Room]

Everyone was in AJ’s room talking about what they did for New Year’s. Yusuke and Keiko were on the loveseat, Kuwabara and Yukina were sitting on the floor in front of them-Skids(the new kitten), Eikichi and Trixie were curled up in Yukina’s lap, AJ and Kurama were sitting in chairs in front of her computer, Koenma and Botan sat on the edge of the bed and Hiei was sitting in his usual corner and Shizuru and Genkai were sitting in beanbag chairs.

AJ: *looks at her computer screen laden with images and articles about the Tsunamis that hit Indonesia* What a rough way to start the new year. I can’t imagine what I’d do if I lost my entire family that way.

Yusuke: Tell me about it. ‘I’d go crazy if I lost Keiko like that.’

Koenma: I’m just glad they’re getting aid from everyone.

Everyone voices their agreement.

AJ: I wanna thank some of my newest reviewers for taking the time to submit their comments:

(E-FICTION.ORG)-FORBIDDEN FLAME, NANAYAMIYUGI, MIZUNO SUKI, AREKYA, KURAMALOVER987, SPIRIT_WAVE13, STAR, (ANIMESPIRAL.COM)-SILVER-HANYOU, JADEANGELOO, SASONIE AND KAGOME2.

AJ: (Disclaimer) I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho or its characters, but I do want to that everyone for reviewing my fics and to those donating to help the tsunami victims. And to honor those lost, I want you to give a moment of silence before reading on, ok?

Everyone bows their heads and silently prays for those lost in the disaster.

AJ: And now.....”Family Secrets”.

{...}-Gwen’s thoughts

/.../-Kurama’s thoughts

~...~-Youko’s thoughts

‘...’-everyone else’s thoughts

*********************************************************** *******************

LAST TIME on FAMILY SECRETS......

Gwen: Just for the record, Kurama, I DO trust you....it’s that hormone-driven FOX I don’t trust.

*chuckles*

Kurama: Duly noted. *smiles*

No sooner than they finished their kiss, the gang returns from their shopping escapade dragging in bags and packages filled with food and whatnot.

Yusuke: Hey! How about giving us a hand?

Gwen: Sure. *helps them bring in the packages*

Genkai: So what were you and Kurama up to while we were gone? *raises and eyebrow*

Kurama: We were just working out some trust issues. *smiles at Gwen*

Genkai: Speaking of working out, I expect you to be ready to continue your training tomorrow.

Gwen: Yes, Ma’am. *smiles to herself*

*************************************************************** ***************

[Kantaro’s Stronghold]

Kantaro was pacing back and forth with his hands behind his back and his long black hair flowing back; his violet eyes flickering in what little light that beamed in from the window in front of him. Every once in a while he looks at Gwen’s picture longingly. He was amazed at how quickly she was adapting to her new powers. But getting her away from the jewels, let alone kidnaping her, proved to be a more difficult task than he realized. She brought down his Wingblades who were still nursing their wings and being very thankful they were still alive, Ice Ninjas, Super Cultivated Humans, and most recently, she single-handedly destroyed the Crimson Dragons. And if that wasn’t bad enough, she had allied herself with the very people he didn’t want her to come in contact with-Yusuke Urameshi and the Spirit Detectives. (A/N: Kantaro is the name I finally came up with instead of calling the dude “Shadow”)

Kantaro: *slams his fist on the table* Who would have thought that separating her from those jewels could be such an arduous undertaking? She’s barely tapped into all of its power and already she’s defeated every demon I threw at her! ‘But she’s used the powers she has acquired beautifully. That sandstorm maneuver was absolutely graceful and the move with the hair-stunning! She’d make an excellent bride.’

As he was busy thinking about Gwen, in walked Takei who bowed in front of his Master.

Takei: You sent for me?

Kantaro: Yes, has Gwen woken up yet? That last battle seemed to have exhausted her quite a bit.

Takei: Yes, Master. She finally regained consciousness and is getting ready to resume her training.

Kantaro: Excellent. I can’t afford to have a weak queen rule by my side.

Takei: If I may ask, why are you so obsessed with this girl? It can’t be because she looks just like her mother....the one who rejected you for a SPIRIT DETECTIVE! *laughs*

Takei barely opened his eyes when he found himself up against the wall with Kantaro’s hand clutching his neck, his claws digging into his skin and drawing blood.

Kantaro: If you value your pitiful, insignificant life, NEVER MENTION THAT AGAIN!!!! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?

Takei: *gulps* Crystal.

Kantaro: I may be Karasu’s twin brother, but I don’t have the level of patience he had. You just remember your place, Takei, and just MAYBE you’ll live to see me rule both realms. *slowly takes his hand from Takei’s bleeding neck* Who knows, if you play your cards right, I might mane you as ruler of this realm while Gwen and I command the Demon World with an iron fist.

Takei: *rubs his neck* I’m honored, Master. I’ll leave now and continue my surveillance of your future wife.

Kantaro: Good. Don’t let her out of your sight. If push comes to shove, I have a few eager volunteers ready to enter the fray. Maybe they’ll have better luck than the Dragons did. *laughs evilly as eerie yellow eyes are seen glowing in the shadows*

[Genkai’s Temple]

Gwen and the gang sat around the living room after putting up all the packages that they had brought home from their little shopping safari. She was still thinking about what Kurama had told her about him and his darker half and how she was able to see into his mind. {Maybe this is my own special power. Way weird.}

Gwen: Okay, okay. If you were wondering what Kurama and I were doing while you were gone, here it is. Before I woke up, I had this whacked out dream that I was in Demon World. I was being chased by demons when Kurama rescued me; well he AND Youko. Then they melded into one person. While you guys were out, I touched Kurama’s cheek {Actually I kissed his cheek, but I’m not telling YOU that.} it felt like I was traveling inside his mind and I saw Youko and some bat looking demon with a ponytail running. The bat was killed and Youko was shot; when I walked to him and asked who he was, he said the he was Kurama...or a part of him. After that he told me everything about Youko and how he escaped into Kurama’s body.

Yusuke: You had a busy day didn’t you?

Gwen: That’s an understatement. Which brings me to another question...tell me this....who else among you is NOT 100% HUMAN? I know Botan is the Grim Reaper and Koenma is Prince of the Spirit World.

One by one, Hiei, Yukina, and Yusuke raised their hands. Gwen’s eyes widened in surprise when Yusuke put his hand up.

Gwen: Ok, Yukina, you are....

Yukina: I’m an ice apparition. *smiles*

Kuwabara: And my future wife. *grins stupidly*

Yukina: *nudges her elbow in his chest* Kazuma! *giggles*

Hiei: *looking like he’s gonna hurl at any minute* I’m a fire/ice demon.

Gwen looks intently into Hiei’s scarlet orbs and that same feeling that came over her when she kissed Kurama started again. Thoughts started to flood her brain; specifically Hiei’s most guarded secret-him being Yukina’s long-lost brother. {Why would he keep that a secret?} She shook her head and turned in Yukina’s direction and looked into her ruby eyes. Once again, thoughts raced into her head; this time the prominent thought was of Yukina searching in vain for a brother she never knew. Gwen looked back and forth between the two diminutive demons and finally it clicked. {Yukina doesn’t know that Hiei is her brother...and Hiei won’t tell her. Poor girl. Why won’t he?}

Yusuke: EARTH TO GWEN, COME IN, OVER!!!

Gwen: *shakes her head* Huh? Oh, sorry. *looks at Yusuke* Now YOU, Yusuke. I would have bet money that you were human.

Yusuke: Well, I’m half human and half demon.

Gwen: Ok, so you’re not all human, not all demon....and not ALL THERE! *laughs*

Everyone laughs and Yusuke just crosses his arms.

Yusuke: HA HA! That’s real cute.

Gwen: Aw, come on. From what your friends told me about how you fight, you CAN’T be wrapped too tightly. *chuckles* Okay, back to my question. Now I assume that Kuwabara, Genkai, Keiko, and Shizuru are all human?

Yusuke: *looks at Genkai* THAT SLAVEDRIVER? HUMAN? If you believe that, I got some swampland on the moon I’d like to sell ya!

Genkai: *slaps Yusuke upside the head* Yes, were human. Kuwabara and Shizuru are above average because they have an unusually his Spirit Awareness.

Kuwabara: Yeah, that’s how I sensed Urameshi’s ghost.

Gwen: *eyes go wide* HOLD IT! REWIND! How can you sense his ghost and Yusuke is right here?

Yusuke: *chuckles* Oh, right. We didn’t tell you that, did we? Um, It all started when I saved a kid from getting hit by a car. The kid was ok, but I died and became a ghost. That’s when Botan found me and took me to see Koenma.

Koenma: I had offered Yusuke a chance to return to the Living World by hatching a Spirit Beast egg. *gave Gwen a picture of a small, shiny golden egg* He was to keep it with him at all times and hatch it. If the vibes he emitted were pure, then it would hatch into his Spirit Guide, otherwise it would have hatched into a monster that would have devoured him body and soul making him nonexistent in either plane. Also, he had to convince those closest to him to keep his body safe so he could return.

Gwen: How did he do that?

Botan: He appeared in their dreams and told them to protect his body because he’d be coming back. When someone was asleep or unconscious, they’re more in tune with the Spirit World and that’s how Yusuke could travel through their dreams and communicate with them.

Yusuke: But it didn’t exactly work out that way.

Gwen: *looks at Yusuke confused* What do you mean?

Botan: Well before Yusuke could fully hatch his Spirit Egg, someone threw a Molotov Cocktail (A/N: If you’ve never seen one, a Molotov Cocktail is a bottle filled with flammable liquid like gasoline and a handkerchief is used as a wick. It’s lit and when thrown, it explodes) through the window of his house and set it on fire. Keiko ran in and tried to pull Yusuke’s body out before it was destroyed but she became trapped inside.

Yusuke: Botan had to find Kuwabara and get him to run to my house to save Keiko and my body before we were toast. He ran in to rescue Keiko but ended up trapped himself.

Gwen: But where does the egg come in?

Koenma: I told Yusuke that the only way to save Keiko and Kuwabara was to throw his Spirit Egg into the fire and the energy released from it would form a gateway so they could escape. The drawback was that he would be giving up his chance to come back to life.

Yusuke: So I did what I had to do. I threw the egg into the fire to save them. AND KUWABARA, I DIDN’T APPRECIATE YOU HOLDING KEIKO’S HAND LIKE THAT!!!

Gwen: FORGET THAT! How did you get back in your body if you threw your egg into the fire?

Koenma: Well, he could still get his body back. His body had to be prepared first; when it was ready, his body gave off a golden glow. But there was a catch. In order for Yusuke to enter his body, there had to be a transfer of energy from someone close to him, and it had to be done before midnight.

Yusuke: *glaring at Koenma* I had three choices: my mom, Kuwabara, and Keiko. I had to appear to them in dreams and tell them what they had to do, but the ALL-MIGHTY RULER forgot to tell me another catch...they had to give me the energy-THROUGH THE LIPS.

Gwen: You mean one of them had to kiss you while your body was glowing gold? *she imagines Kuwabara and Yusuke in a liplock* EWWWWWWWWWW!!! I JUST GOT A REALLY BAD IMAGE!!! THAT IS BEYOND SICK!!!! He didn’t did he? *looks at Kuwabara*

Yusuke and Kuwabara: *stands up and yells* HELL NO!!

Yusuke: If it was left up to Kuwabara to kiss me, I’d have chosen to stay dead.

Kuwabara: Yeah....HEY!!

Gwen: *laughs* So basically, that left Keiko?

Yusuke: Yeah, she visited me before she went to school. But she didn’t kiss me then.

Gwen: Why not? Wasn’t your body glowing yet?

Yusuke: Yeah, it was. But SOMEONE neglected to tell me that the glow started from the FEET and worked its way up. So when Keiko saw me, she couldn’t see my feet for the covers. If she had, I would have been alright. So I waited for her to get out of school so she could give me my kiss, but just my luck; she got notice that her mom was in the hospital and she had to go to her.

Botan: By that time Yusuke’s time was running out. Keiko would have stayed with her all night if I hadn’t entered her mom and told her to save Yusuke before it was too late.

Keiko: I cut it close, too. It was 11:59 P.M. when I went to Yusuke’s apartment and kissed him. Thankfully I made it in the nick of time.

Yusuke: *teasingly* It was worth the wait; she’s an incredible kisser. *winks at Keiko*

Keiko: YUSUKE! *hits him with a pillow and laughs*

Gwen: *laughs* Okay, now what happened to the egg? Did he still get his Spirit Beast?

Koenma: *stifles a laugh* Yes. It was during the Dark Tournament when I told Yusuke that his egg was ready to hatch. Botan and I met him outside the stadium and I handed him the egg which was about the size of a football.

Botan: When it hatched, it shot up into the air and we thought that it may disappeared. *giggles*

Gwen: I don’t get it. What happened to his Spirit Beast? Where is it?

Just as she finished her question, Puu flies in and lands on Yusuke’s lap. That only made everyone in the room bust out laughing.

Gwen: What?

Shizuru: *smiling* Gwen, you remember Puu, right?

Puu: *happy* Puu.

Gwen: Yeah. Hi Cutie! So when am I gonna see his Spirit Beast?

Yusuke: *pouts as everyone else laughs* Puu IS my Spirit Beast.

Gwen looks at this adorable little fuzzball sitting in Yusuke’s lap and then at Yusuke. She couldn’t hold it in anymore; she reared her head back and laughed her head off so much she banged the arm of the couch with her fist.

Gwen: You gotta be kidding me! Somehow, I can’t imagine this little cutie pie being YOUR Spirit Beast. Keiko’s, MAYBE. Yukina’s SURE! But YOURS!?

Keiko: It may look like a mismatch, but Puu has been really helpful.

Gwen: I’ll take your word for it. *smiles* But that STILL doesn’t explain how Yusuke is a half demon.

Yusuke: Well, remember when we told you about Sensui and the Kekkai Barrier? *Gwen nods* Well during my final battle with him, I died...again, and then along the way I discovered my ancestors were demons. (A/N: I’m sorry that this isn’t thorough but I really don’t know how that all happens.)

While everyone’s laughter died down a bit, Gwen’s cell phone rang.

Gwen: Hello? *smiles* Oh, Hi Mom! How’s everything at home? *her face gets serious* Mom, what happened? Oh, man! *she sits down and everyone else quiets down when they notice Gwen’s somber demeanor* How did she pass? Oh. Do you need me to fly home? You sure? Okay. I love you. Tell Dad and Mya I love them too. Bye. *hangs up her phone and sits down*

Kurama: Gwen, what happened? *sits next to Gwen*

Gwen: My mom just told me that my Great-Grandmother Jez passed away. *hangs her head down* She died of a heart attack.

Botan: *sadly walks to Gwen* Oh, I’m so sorry. *hugs* Are you gonna be ok?

Gwen: *a tear falls from her cheek* Yeah, I’ll be ok.

Just then, the amethyst began to faintly glow; it goes unnoticed to everyone, except Genkai.

Kuwabara: That’s rough, Gwen. So where was she when she died?

Gwen: She was in a nursing home.

Keiko: WHAT!?! How could your family put a sweet old lady in a home?!?

Gwen: They DIDN’T. Great-grandma Jez put HERSELF in a home. She said she wanted to be around some people who weren’t as crazy as her own family. (A/N: I’m not touching that with a ten-foot pole. ^_~) Anyway, mom told me that she was leading a game of Simon Says when she had her heart attack. She was laughing a little because she told me when the paramedics got there, they thought 37 people died.

Everyone looked at her funny and Yusuke tried to keep from laughing. Tried and failed because he cracked up.

Kuwabara: THAT’S NOT COOL, URAMESHI! Have some respect for the dead!

Yusuke: I’m sorry, Gwen. I’m not laughing because your grandma died, I’m laughing because of HOW she died. You do have my condolences, but you gotta admit, it WAS kinda funny.

Gwen: *chuckles* I guess it was funny. She never acted her age.

Genkai: Or looked it. *brings in Gwen’s Family Album* This is a picture of Jez that she took last year.

There in the picture was a tall lady with long gray hair in bun, but the rest didn’t conform to the “little old lady” persona. (A/N: You know how good Tina Turner looks being her age, imagine Gwen’s great-grandma with that body.) She had a body fit for a goddess; her face barely had any wrinkles and she had the most incredible sets of legs. She was 104 in the picture and she looked like she was in her late forties.

Yusuke: DAMN!!! For an old lady, SHE’S HOT!

Genkai: Dimwit, you DO realize you’re ogling a picture of a 104-year-old woman?

Yusuke: Your point? *everyone anime falls*

Gwen: Wait. You knew her too, didn’t you Genkai?

Genkai: Yes, and her special power made her very mischievous. *chuckles* Your great-grandmother had the power to morph into anyone or anything. But that had nothing to do with how she looks in the picture. That’s REALLY HER.

Gwen: You mean she was a shapeshifter? AWESOME!!! But why are you telling me now?

Genkai: Because the amethyst started to glow on your bracelet and that was her birthstone. When she died, her power was transferred into the jewel. But I suggest you don’t use your powers for a while unless it’s absolutely necessary. We wouldn’t want you to black out again. Now I understand that school is out for the next week, so we’ll use that time for your training. We’ll resume tomorrow.

Gwen: Yes, ma’am. {Shapeshifting, huh? THAT could come in handy.}

For the next seven days, Genkai had been cranking up the training regimen to build Gwen’s strength and endurance. (A/N: You remember the training Yusuke had to go through when he won the opportunity to be Genkai’s student, well ad that to what Gwen is going through.) Genkai had Gwen running up and down the temple steps AND run laps around the entire compound, squats and push-ups with a boulder tied to her back, meditating under freezing waterfalls, and even that thing where you levitate upside-down on a point of energy on the point of a pin with one hand behind your back. Gwen would often think to herself that her Sensei Tao back home (A/N: He’s her Tae Kwon Do teacher) was never this tough and that Genkai made him look like a wimp! She was also thankful that things were pretty quiet at school, Ami and her Hormone Brigade basically left her alone-for now. Inside the temple, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama were watching Gwen go through her warm-up stretches-and not because they were concerned about her if you know what I mean. ^_~

Yusuke: She’s one tough cookie. Even I didn’t have to go through training that tough.

Hiei: Hn. Maybe you should have. Then you wouldn’t have taken so long dealing with Toguro and Sensui.

Yusuke: Back off, Short Stack!

Hiei: *slams Yusuke into a nearby wall* NOBODY CALLS ME THAT! ‘Except Gwen.’ GOT IT?

Yusuke: Yeah, just get off me!

Kuwabara: Hey guys! Check it out. Gwen’s doing her splits.

Yusuke and Hiei run to the window to see Gwen doing her splits; she bent and stretched forward with her right leg extended out, then did the same with her left leg extended.

Kurama: /She is very limber./

Youko: ~Extremely. She can wrap those sexy legs around me ANYTIME!~

Kurama: /Is that all you ever think about? Why don’t you give that libido of yours a rest?/

Youko: ~Can you really blame me? LOOK AT HER!! She’s drop-dead gorgeous, athletic, smart...~

Kurama: /Stacked like the Library of Congress..../ (A/N: Don’t own...and not because it’s government-owned.)

Youko: ~AHA! So you DO think about her that way! Welcome to the DARK SIDE!~

Kurama: /Who do you think you are, Darth Vader?/ (A/N: Don’t own, but I LOVE his voice.)

Youko: ~Darth Who?~

Kurama: /*sighs* Never mind. And stop trying to change the subject....you horniness is gonna get me..../

Kurama stopped in mid-rant when he sees Gwen go into a complete straddle splits. (A/N: It’s when your legs are stretched out at your sides instead of the traditional splits.) Kurama and the other guys look at Gwen with their jaws dropped and give and long drawn out WOW! Kuwabara and Yusuke had a little bit of drool escape their lips and drop to the floor. (A.N.: HORNDOGS!)

Youko: ~DAMN THAT’S SEXY!!!~ Kurama if you don’t let me out.....~

Kurama: /FORGET IT!!! She’s MINE. YOU CAN’T HAVE HER!!!/

Genkai walks in and sees the guys transfixed and mesmerized by the sight outside the window. Genkai brought them out of their trance the best way she knew how. (A/N: Hint: it involves a large padded stick.)

Genkai: *gong crashes right in their ears* You dimwits keep slobbering like that and we’ll need life rafts to get around!

Yusuke: JEEZ, Grandma! You coulda just said “Quit staring.”

Genkai: I know. But this was MUCH more entertaining. *smirks* Now let’s go outside, all of you!

[Genkai’s Garden]

Genkai stands in front of Gwen who is wearing a black scarf as a blindfold.

Genkai: From what you have told me about your run-ins with the demons, your ruby seems to act as an early-warning alarm that alerts of you of danger.

Gwen: Kinda like Spidey Sense. (A/N: you know what goes here.)

Genkai: Exactly. Now this training session is to hone your reflexes. You must be able to react without a second thought....or even a first thought. Let the ruby’s power be your eyes.

Genkai walks back to her bench under a tree and waves one of the fighters to attack Gwen. Yusuke rushes in and throws a punch aimed at her nose. Without hesitation, Gwen knocks his hand away with her fist and proceeds to block his attacks while mounting her own assault. As they spar, Genkai watches with great interest.

Genkai: ‘Very good. Now let’s see how well you do when it’s two-on-one?’

She waves again telling Kuwabara to join the fray. He runs in and tries to land a blow but Gwen quickly blocks and starts to trade blows with him as well as Yusuke.

Yusuke: Not Bad. I didn’t think you could handle two guys at the same time. So if you aren’t doing anything Saturday Night.....

Gwen: Don’t EVEN go there, OIL SLICK!! *still fighting*

Kuwabara: *laughing and fighting* That was cold! She got ya good, Urameshi!

While the three fighters were still going through their mock battle, she signals Hiei and Kurama to join in. Kurama and Hiei jump in (A/N: literally) and start throwing punches and kicks. The fire demon gets a little overzealous and draws his katana. He hoists it over his head and brings it down quickly. Gwen would have been her own twin sister if her bracelet hadn’t intervened. The garnet began to glow brightly and a shield formed in front of Hiei’s blade, stopping it cold.

Hiei: What the.....HOW DID SHE DO THAT?

Genkai: ‘It’s the same shield her mother used when she was kidnapped. Amazing.’

The four Spirit Detectives resume their fight and tried in vain to land a decisive hit, but Gwen blocked each punch, kick and chop they threw at her.

Gwen: Ok, time to end this! SPINNING BIRD KICK!! (A/N: If you have ever played Street Fighter-Don’t own-you know what it looks like. Chun Li uses that move all the time.)

As Yusuke and the others close in for their final assault, Gwen flips into a handstand and spins like a top with the legs outstretched in an upside-down splits position knocking her attackers yards away from her. She slows down and flips back onto her feet; she removes her blindfold and sees Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama 20 feet away from her with skid marks dug into the ground where they landed. (A/N: Can you say ROAD RASH?)

Gwen: I guess I don’t know my own strength. You guys okay?

Yusuke:*slowly gets up and brushes the dirt off of his clothes, and picks the dirt out of his hair* Remind me never to piss you off!

Gwen looks around to see the others brushing off dirt and picking clods from their hair. She looks at Kurama and he smirks and winks at her. She turned away because the blush she had on her face matched the pigment of Kurama’s hair.

Genkai: *chuckles* Okay, I think that’s enough for today.

Gwen: Really, Genkai. I’m not tired, I can go another round.

Genkai: I know YOU can...it’s YUSUKE I’m worried about! *laughs*

Yusuke: *pouts as everyone laughs* Very funny.

Gwen: You’re right. I’ll see you tomorrow after school.

[Meiou High]

It was the day after Gwen’s grueling week-long training session and she was ACTUALLY looking forward to a day of school. (A/N: SHE MUST BE WEIRD.)

[Fast Forward to the end of school]

Kurama and Gwen gather their books from their lockers and start to walk out of the building when they both hear that dreaded sound...OH, SHUICHI-KUN!!!...{AMI!} Ami and her Shuichi Squad were in their stampede mode and began chasing them out of the building. {And I was ACTUALLY HAPPY to go back to school?} They kept running through the school building in an attempt to ditch the girls like last time. But as they turn the corner with the girls far behind them, Gwen had a much better idea.

Gwen: Shuichi..(A/N: She calls him that when they’re at school or in public.) When I give you the word, run to the nearest exit and hightail it to your house. I’ll meet you there as soon as I can.

Kurama: What are you gonna do? You’re not gonna hurt them are you?

Gwen: {Not physically.} No, I won’t. But I will keep them from following you. *hears the girls approaching.* Okay, wait for it....

Gwen focuses on Kurama and her eyes change from her usual brown to bright purple. Before his eyes, he starts to disappear until he was completely invisible. Kurama looked up and is shocked as he observes a purple aura surround Gwen as she grows a few inches taller, until she reached Kurama’s height. Her hair changed from black to red, her eyes became green and she wore Kurama’s school uniform. When she spoke....you could swear that she was the original kitsune.

Gwen: *in Kurama’s voice* Okay....GO!!

In his invisible form, Kurama ran through an open door and made a hasty retreat to his house, leaving Gwen to implement her plan.

Gwen: {It should be illegal to have this much fun.} *smirks*

When the Squad became visible, Gwen called to them in Kurama’s voice making them squeal. She quickly ran away from them and dashed through the streets until she was able to duck into an alley. She stood there to catch her breath and she made herself invisible.

Gwen: {Now how should I top this off?}

As if on cue, she sees Kuwabara stroll down the opposite side of the street whistling some silly tune. She smirks evilly to herself as another plot hatches in her brain.

Gwen: {I’m gonna owe you big for this Kuwabara.} *snickers*

Her amethyst glows even brighter and she points her hand at Kuwabara; the violet aura engulfs him and when it dissipated, he looked exactly like Kurama. Ami and her clique stopped on the same side of avenue that Gwen was hiding on when they saw the Kurama facsimile walking across the way.

Ami: There he is! SHUICHI!!! *screams*

Kuwabara sees the horde of girls stampeding towards him and he gets a silly grin on his face. He stands fast and greets them with open arms. Ami throws herself at the fake Kurama, the other girls dogpile on top of Kuwabara and Ami and all that could be seen were arms and legs entangled in a messy mass of flesh and cloth. Gwen, looking on from her hiding place, brings her hand down breaking her illusion. When the girls start to untangle themselves from their impromptu game of Twister (A/N: Don’t own) they gasp in horror when they see the person Ami is playing Tongue Hockey with. She opens her eyes and lets out a blood-curdling scream.

Ami: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?!?

Kuwabara: *covered in kiss marks with hearts in his eyes* A very happy young man!

Ami: *spits and gags* YUCK! I KISSED A MUTANT!!!! (A/N: MAN THAT’S HARSH!) *wiping her mouth furiously* How could I mistake YOU for Shuichi? *gets up and runs home screaming for some disinfectant*

Gwen: {I think Kuwabara should be the one asking for that.} *giggles* {That will probably be the ONLY time Kuwabara gets swamped by a load of girls. Now THAT’S how you end a week of training with Genkai.}

Gwen, still invisible, walks to Kurama’s house very pleased with herself. The other passers-by look around when the hear occasional laughing coming from nowhere at all.

***End of Chapter 11***

AnimeJunkie: *laughs her head off* MAN THAT WAS A COOL PRANK! Ami got just what she deserved!

Keiko: *laughs* GOOD ONE!

Shizuru: I know baby bro liked it.

Kuwabara: Actually their kisses don’t even come close to Yukina’s. *winks at her*

Yukina: *giggles* Cut it out, Kazuma.

Koenma: That was great! We needed a good laugh right now.

AJ: Glad I could help. And you guys can help too, but clicking on the banner for the Tsunami Relief on this sites homepage. I’ll help and I’ll be working ob chapter 12. Please read and review often. Until then, CIAO FOR NOW!