Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fantasy and Reality Collide! ❯ Angels And Bedsheets? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Well, it's now or never,” you thought while you inhaled to answer the question. “Koenma wanted us to help you guys against an uprising cult of fallen angels.”
 
Everyone stops what they were doing and stares at you; Koriko looks at you with a face that practically screams `are you an idiot, do you want to get us killed?”
 
“Wow, I didn't expect that,” said Yusuke, scratching his head.
 
“I don't know what to say,” Kazuma commented.
 
“You never do,” Hiei remarked.
 
“Hey, you shut up, shrimp!”
 
“Please, now is not the time you two, this is urgent business and we need all the information that we can get right now.” Kurama turned away from you and towards Hiei and Kazuma to lecture them.
 
“Sorry.”
“Hn.”
“That's better.”
“Yeah, let's all have a giant group hug everybody,” Yusuke said sarcastically. “Why the hell doesn't Koenma tell us this shit sooner?!”
 
“Well it is highly new and classified information.” Koriko went along with your little charade, hoping that you two wouldn't be caught up in the lies that were spewing from your mouths.
“But we're important people!” Kazuma argued.
“Maybe the rest of us are, but you're not,” Hiei snorted.
Kazuma started to twitch with veins popping out of his head.
“I feel a headache coming on,” Kurama sighed once again. He stands up, going towards the kitchen to get some aspirin and water. “I have a headache too.” Koriko follows him away from the juvenile antics.
 
“I'm gonna call up pacifier-breath right now to straighten everything out!” Yusuke reaches for the spirit detective suitcase to yell at Koenma on videophone. You nearly have a heart attack.
“WAIT!” Uhhhh, is it really a good idea to yell at your boss, I mean we could just tell you what we know and you can call him later.” You stumble over your hasted words to delay the inevitable. The boys that we left in the room gave you an odd look.
“Hm, I agree, I think we should get the information from the women first, then you can yell at the baby all you want, Yusuke.” Hiei takes your side; you're ecstatic that he agrees with you and on something that helped save you.
“Fine, fine. I'll call him later. So what's the deal with the angels, how does one turn rogue?” Yusuke sets back down and adds more sugar to his tea-you do the same; another ploy to stall so Koriko can catch up so you and her could get your story straight.
“You've all heard about when both demon world and human world were the same, right.” They all nodded in comprehension. “It was during that time period when Enma decided that half-breeds, like the Mazaku, were too dangerous and he wanted his army angel to go out and destroy them.” You were on a roll, ideas flooding into your head; you would've gone on if Kazuma hadn't butted in.
“Hey-wait a second, I thought angels couldn't do anything bad like killing other things?”
 
“Not if they were created to be guardian angels or if Enma told them what to do, if they are given the orders, they have to obey them.” Koriko stepped back in the room just in time, a glass of water half-full in her hands. (Kinsey: Yeah, I'm that kind of person. XD)
 
“Incredible, so how do you two know so much about angels,” Kurama asked, sitting back down in-between Hiei and Koriko.
 
“We study them from findings in old books and scrolls that we borrow, I believe Genkai has the only other copies.” You quickly started spouting more lies.
 
“You know Genkai,” Yusuke asked with interest.
“We've never really met, but we were told about her.” Koriko covered your mistake of name-usage. You nodded your head fervently.
 
Before you could go any further, Yusuke's suitcase started to ring, “Well, speak of the devil.”
“But I thought he was a God.”
“Idiot.”
“And it all starts up again when I'm back in the room.”
“I know what you mean.” Koriko was eyeing the suitcase with a look of slight apprehension on her face. You swallowed hard, a lump stuck in your throat. Hiei handed you your tea, another amazing gesture that you will cherish forever, even after he told you that you were weird for the look on your face.
 
The moment finally happens, you hear Koenma talking, shocked; only people with spirit energy can hear and see the videophone of the Spirit World. Koriko gives you a glance from the corner of her eye, confused as well.
 
“Ah, so I see you've finally met up with the girls, -insert name- and Koriko. Good, good, have they informed you yet of your mission.”
“Only the first part about the fallen angels, until you interrupted.” Yusuke glared at the screen wishing he could punch through it to his boss.
 
You and Koriko starred at the monitor, your mouth hanging open and her eyes bulged. Then something struck you, maybe everything you said became true, you decided to test your theory.
“We only got to the point about Enma's orders to kill the half-breeds.” Koriko turned to stare at you, there is a pause before Koenma replies, making you even more nervous than before.
“Ah, I see, well you may continue, -insert name-, I have to go now.” The screen went blank after Koenma waved you all goodbye.
“What the hell?! We just got him on here, lazy little bastard!” Yusuke shouted while kicking his suitcase.
“Calm down, we have the girls here to help us.” Kurama turned to the both of you, both pale-faced, wide-eyed and cold sweat dripping down your faces.
That's the last thing you remember before waking up, relief flooding through your entire body and an unexpected giddy feeling arising within you.
 
“Finally, you're awake.” You look up to se Hiei's face close to yours, you blush, you could feel the heat of his energy radiating off his body. “You talk in your sleep.” He smirked in your direction.
“Oh no! I must've said something stupid, what if it was about him, or Koriko and I. What should I DO?!”
 
“Don't feel bad, Koriko told us the rest.” Kurama walked in with a freshly dampened towel and water.
“Oh, really?” You sighed in relief.
“Yes, its astounding that the angels actually disobeyed his orders and thought it wrong to kill the half-breeds resulting in the angels being banned from Heaven. No wonder they want revenge.”
“Oh yeah, it's awful, isn't it.” You took the towel and whipped your face clean; afterwards you took a sip of nice cool water. Once you sat your glass down you look at your surroundings, it's not Yusuke's place, and it's Kurama's!
Noticing your observations Kurama says, “This is my house, my human family is away on a trip. I brought you in here while we set up the guest rooms.” He smiles, taking your cup and washcloth with him. “Thanks,” you mutter.
 
“You talk quietly.” Hiei stated, “Is that a bad thing?” “No, I was hoping that not all humans had to shout every single word.” When he turned his head away, you can't help but smile. “But if you're too quiet no one will be able to hear you.” He turns his head back towards you. “That does tend to happen to me,” your smile widens because you take his words as helpful hints.
However, being the reclusive soul he is, he walks towards the door and opens it. You look down, sad that he is leaving so soon.
“Aren't you coming, I don't have all day you know,” Hiei's still standing in the doorway waiting for you.
You jump out of bed wanting to catch up with him, but instead you catch something else, the bed sheets around your leg.
You fall, of course, but what you didn't expect was Hiei catching you.