Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fantasy and Reality Collide! ❯ Pasta With A Side Of Laughter! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Kinsey: I want to thank XdemongothXX for writing a review and being the first person to review on any of the fanfics I have posted on this site.<3)
 
You left his warm strong muscles around your body and you couldn't force yourself to speak, much less move. You had no-idea how long you two were in that position, but when he spoke you snapped out of it.
 
“You should be more careful,” your breath caught in your throat as a blush formed over your cheeks, “I don't see how someone so klutzy is going to help us defeat rogue angels.” Your happiness bubble was slightly deflated, but you were still happy-you were still in his arms and you interpreted his gruff attitude as tough love.
 
“Well?” Hiei asked, starring down at you, both of you now face to face.
Your eyes grew wide, “Well what?” You were stunned that his face was so close, now you could feel his breath on your face.
“Aren't you going to un tangle yourself?” He asked, slightly impatient. You could tell that his rare moment of somewhat kindness was starting to disappear. Still, you didn't want him to let you go, so you tried to skillfully remove your legs from the blanket without breaking his hold on you.
 
Surprise, surprise, it didn't work. In all actuality, you just made it worse. As you lifted and twisted one leg, it worsened the trap on the other, making you tangle up with Hiei's legs and both fall over.
 
“Oh shi-“ Was your last coherent thought.
 
You landed on top of him, luckily his head landed on a fallen pillow from the first disaster. Mumbling, you tried to apologize to him, but nothing was coming out right. In addition, to your surprise, he started to laugh. If you hadn't fallen over earlier, you would have now.
 
In between his laughter you heard him say, “You're…*laugh* unbelievable…. *laugh* I…. Can't… Ha! Hahahahaha!” You couldn't understand what he was trying to say, but it didn't matter, you just wanted to say like this forever. Laughter is catchy, so without noticing, you started laughing with him.
 
*creak* The laughter stopped when you heard the noise, the door was closed more now, but you could both see one green eye and one purple eye looking at the both of you.
 
On the floor, laughing, wrapped in bed sheets, you on top of Hiei, you both scrambled to get a hold of yourselves, Hiei unwrapped you both from the sheets.
 
Your face was completely red, Hiei's face was slightly red, but you couldn't see most of it because he turned away from you and left out the window in a flash.
 
“Well then, I'm sorry for interrupting,” Kurama and Koriko slid in the doorway, neither looking ashamed. Although, Kurama did look apologetic, Hiei rarely ever laughs so he must've felt guilty for stopping it short.
 
“Yeah, I had no idea you two would move so fast.” Koriko's comment turned your face from scarlet to maroon.
 
“it wasn't like that!” You tried in vain to defend yourself, and Hiei.
 
“Well at least Kuwabara and Yusuke didn't see,” Kurama tried to cheer you up with that thought. “Lunch is served, shall we go?”
 
“But, what about Hiei?” You glanced worriedly out the window for him, hoping to see a moving shadow.
 
“It'll be fine, he'll be here later.” Contrary to what Kurama said, there was a look of `or I hope so' on his face.
You sighed, “First, let me just cleanup the mess I made.”
 
“We can assist you.”
 
“No, it's fine, I got it.” You wanted to be alone for a moment or two longer to collect yourself-and your thoughts.
 
“Alright, we'll see you there.” Kurama led Koriko out of the room with a hand on her back.
 
When the door was completely shut, you whisper `sorry' not knowing if anyone would here you.
 
“Sorry, for what?”
 
You spun around, not intending to see the Irish wind-master outside Kurama's window.
 
“Woo-wee! Looks like a tornado came through here!” Jin floated into the room and glided around the ceiling observing the mess you made. “What happened,” Jin asked when he landed right beside you.”
 
“An accident, I got hang-up on the covers and Hiei tried to help me, but I just made it worse.” Sadness was now eminent in your voice as you glared at the floor not wanting to cry in front of anyone.
 
“Aww, its okay, lassie! Everyone makes a mess in bed!” Jin tried to comfort you, but after he said that comment you both paused-and then burst out laughing and the perverseness of the statement. “Oops, I didn' mean to make it sound like I did.” Jin grinned sheepishly.
 
“It's okay, I knew what you meant, Jin.” You grinned back at him.
 
“Hey, how`d you know ma name?” He gave you an odd look while he wracked his brain for where he might have met you.
 
“Oh, well I know you from the Dark Tournament, Koriko and I were guests of Sakyo.” The lies seemed to flow easier and easier from your mouth.
 
“Woah, I didn' think a pretty an' petite thing like you would watch somethin' like tha'.” He scratched his head, as he looked you over. “So, you're a fan of mine.” Jin asked a smug smile on his face.
 
“Yes, you and Touya were my favorites from your team.”
“But, you like me better than Touya, righ'?”
 
You giggled, “Yeah, I do, but don't tell him I said that.” You winked and Jin's ears perked up.
 
“Don' worry, it's our lil' secret.” Jin motioned with his hand that he just threw away the key after locking his mouth shut.
“So, is Touya here as well?” you asked, curious, your chore now forgotten.
 
“You bet he is! But I had ta' drag `em `ere, the whole way too!” Jin looked both proud and pleased at his accomplishment.
 
“Bravo. He must be down stares then, with the food.” Once you said the magic word, Jin took you by your hand and ran downstairs to gorge himself on Kurama's cooking.
 
Unbeknownst to you, Hiei was watching the whole time, not outside the window, but quite a was away with his Jagan eye.
 
“I gotta make sure Koriko knows that we've been to the Dark Tournament as Sakyo's guests.” You thought, as you were half-dragged down the stairs by the excited wind master.
 
When you finally reached the kitchen, which took you all of about five seconds, you saw Touya conversing with Kurama and Koriko eating pocky.
 
“Oi, Touya, lookit what I found,” Jin swung you around in front of him to show his best friend his prize.
 
“That's nice Jin, but it looks like you're going to rip her arm off if you don't let go.” Touya sweat-dropped as Jin looked back at you and dropped your arm.
 
“Thanks.”
“No problem-o!”
 
Kurama set two more plates at the table, “So, who's hungry?”
“I AM!” Jin swooped down into a chair while the rest of you calmly took seats. You sat by Koriko and an empty chair it was supposed to be Hiei's.
 
“So, I hear tha' you two girls were at the tournament watchin' us.” Jin said casually as we began to eat his pasta.
 
Koriko looked at you and telepathically asked, “How?” You replied, “Sakyo invited us because I'm a distant relative, but I haven't told them how yet.”
 
She nodded her head, “Yes, we did. -Insert name- is a distant relative of Sakyo's.”
 
“Oh really?” Kurama asked, interested in whatever seemed to come out of your best friend's mouth.
“Yes, -insert name- is the only family member he seemed to have a fondness for.”
“So, you girls already knew our names.” Never letting anything slip passed him, Kurama caught a flaw in your story.
Koriko turned to glare at you.
 
“Yes, but we didn't want you guys to think bad things about us, being in relation to someone who tried to kill you. And besides, its rude to interrupt someone's introduction.” You were hoping that it would work; it worked with the angels story coming true.
 
“That's very polite of you,” remarked Touya. Jin nodded in agreement, but he couldn't speak due to a giant meatball in his mouth.
 
You smiled, there wasn't much chatter after that, in addition, hungry to make small talk or have any life-changing conversations.
 
You heard a door open; Hiei came walking through the other entrance to the kitchen. He didn't say anything; he just got food on his plate and started to eat.
 
You were sad and disappointed; you looked down at your plate-too sick to eat anymore.
 
After the meal, and cleanup, everyone piled into the living room to talk more about the angels, Koriko and yourself.
 
(Kinsey: I would write more, but I have hwk and my brother needs on.)