Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Father's Love ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kurai: Squee!!*glomps reviewers* T'ank you for reviewing!!^_^

*still holding Baby Kurai* How cute!*huggles both Kurais*

Thank you guys for reviewing! And yes, it is cute huh?

~*~

Yusuke stood over Kurai and stared straight into her eyes."How long have you been there?" he asked. Kurai stared back at him."I just came in Uncle Yusuke. Why did the T.V. break?" Yusuke sweatdropped.~Atleast she didn't see it~ he thought.

"The T.V.'s not broken Kurai. We were just watching a movie," Keiko answered.

Kurai beamed,"Ooohh! Can I watch Auntie Keiko?" Keiko shook her head."Sorry sweetie, but its to violent for you." Yume looked at her mother- confused."Violent?" Keiko gave her don't-say-anything look. Kurai's ears drooped."Awww. Okay."

Yume stomache growled-making everyone sweatdrop. Yume laughed nervously and looked at her mother."I'm hungry." Keiko sighed and stood up."I'll get started on dinner then. Suki Aki(sp?) sound good?" Kurai jumped up and down."Yay! Suki Aki!," she squealed. Keiko walked into the kitchen with Kurai behind her.

Yusuke walked over to the VCR and took the tape."Yume put this somewhere where Kurai can't find it," he said, handing the tape to her. Yume stared at the tape and ran to her room.

She turned the lights on and went straight to her closet. Kurai had once been told that her closet was haunted by evil ghosts-Kaori had told her. Ever since then the little fox would never enter Yume's room, for fear of the ghosts. Yume took out a cardbaord box labeled "Past Stuff". She placed the tape amongst the forgotten clothes and toys.

"Maybe I should give these to Kurai," she thought out loud. She looked through the box and found several pictures.

There was one of her as a baby, being held in Yusuke's arms. Yume smiled and began to realize how cute she was as a baby. There was another of her as a toddler, covered in mud and holding up a rollie pollie to the the camera. The teenager laughed at the picture. Her mother had told her about this and was glad to have found the picture. She shuffled through the pictures. Some had her being held by her mother and father, her standing with younger versions of Kaori and Kaiya. Even one of her with Genkai!

Yume smiled at the pictures, she loved the feeling the memories gave off. She looked through the pictures again and stopped at one that caught her eye. It was a picture Yusuke had taken of her on Kurama's shoulders. The red-head held onto the child's legs with one arm and both did the peace sign at the camera. The next was of her and Hiei. The fire demon just stood there as the younger Yume smiled. The next was one she herself had taken, one of Kurai's baby pictures. The little fox was snuggling into her father's chest. Said father had a look of pride on his face as he held the infant.

Yume ran her fingers over Kurama's face."I really miss you, Uncle Kurama. I'm sure would Kurai would too. Too bad she doesn't remember you." She looked at the next the picture and smiled. It was a picture of Kurai's mother. The woman placed her hands over her swollen stomache, happy about the baby growing inside her.

"OW!! IT'S HOT!!" Kurai cried from downstairs. Yume shook her head, put the pictures up, and put the box back in place. She headed downstairs to see what Kurai had cried about.

~*~

"Kurai, sweetie, it's ok. Here put your hand under the faucet." Keiko turned the handle and cold water splashed against Kurai's hand. Kurai sniffed as she felt her hand cool down."That pan burneded me," she sniffled. Keiko pattted the fox's head. "I know sweetie. But I told you the pan was hot." Kurai's head and ears drooped down."`M sorry." Keiko hugged the chibi."It's ok Kurai. You didn't get hurt that bad."

Yume walked into the kitchen."What happened?" she asked."I touched the pan it it burned me!" Kurai cried. Yume shook her head at the chibi."Why did you touch the pan anyway?" Kurai shrugged,"I don' know." Yume rolled her eyes."Baka kit." Kurai stuck her tongue out at the teenager.

Yume sighed and walked over to cabinets to retrieve the plates. She noticed something gleam as she took out the dinner plates. Yume set the plates on the table and returned to the shining object. It was one of Kurai's tear gems! Yume picked up the gem with care and studied it's features. She had seen the gem many times before but what puzzled her was that each one was different. The gems were mixed and swirled with red and blue, creating a sort of spiral.

"Yume?"

Yume glanced down at the child- the chibi human-fox. Kurai's head and ears cocked the side in a confused way."What'cha looking at Yume?" The chibi fox strained her head to see what Yume had in her hands. "Your tear gem. I like the colors," Yume answered. Kurai looked at her quizzically."The colors?" Yume nodded,"Yes. Don't you like them Kurai?" The fox shook her head."No. Uncle Yusuke told me that people might steal 'em for money. And they might steal me too!" Yume shook her head at the child.~Dad needs to stop telling her these things~ Yume thought.

"Yume go get your father, its time to eats," Keiko said. "Alright." Kurai followed after the teenager, jumping from tile-to-tile in a game. Yume found her father in the master bedroom."Dad, food's ready." Yusuke grunted,"Alright. I'm coming." As soon as Yume turned around she saw Kurai dash for the kitchen.

~*~

"Blasted beast! Get back here!"

The fox ran as fast as it's injured legs would let it. The Hunter behind it fired another bullet, barely missing the fox's head.

§I must hurry to the cave. Then I can escape§

The fox hurried out of woods, the Hunter had drawn a sword and was swinging it madly. "Damn beast! Return my treasure!" the Hunter roared. The fox kept running. Soon, the mouth of a huge cave appeared. The fox dashed towards the entrance, leaving vines to cover the mouth of the cave. The Hunter stopped and laughed at the fox."Do you really think that these will keep me out?" He pushed aside the vines and stepped into the cave. Or tried to.

One of the had grabbed onto the Hunter's arm, and another was reaching for his leg. The Hunter gasped and glared down at the fox, who looked smug."If you think that these pathetic plants are going to keep me from killing you, then you're wrong!" The Hunter struggled to let free from his binds, but each time he struggled the grip of the vines tightened.

The Hunter gasped as one of the vines slithered around his neck. He looked down at the fox, who sat on it's hind legs and watched it's predator's last moments."Bastard!," the hunter choked."I'll get you for this!"

He gasped when he heard the fox laugh. But the laugh hadn't reached his ears. but were imside his head! It was as if the fox was psychic!

§You're a fool! You had no idea that I was leading you into a trap. And now, because of you're stupidity, you must die§

The Hunter struggled more as he heard the fox's last remark. But the vines kept tightening their hold on him! The vine around his neck was now crushing his wind pipe.

"Please," he begged," I have a wife and three kids. I can't just abandon them!" The fox laughed. §You expect me to care? How many of my brethrin have you killed, hunter? How many?§

"This is different! You're a fox. A demon, a bastard and pain to Makai! While I am a hunter. A protecter, a savior, and the knight sent to get rid of you vermin."

§Now that is where you are wrong. You are nothing but a coward. I've seen you slaughter many youngs kits and their mothers.§ The fox snarled, showing its fangs. §I witnessed you slaughtering my mate and kits just days ago. You, Hunter, are the bastard and a pain to Makai!§

The vines let the Huntergo, all but the vines around his neck. After hearing the snap of bone, the fox limped to a necklace. The crimson jewel flashed in the dim cave.§Taki, my love, this had been my present to you on the day of our ceremony. It was to be passed down to our children, but it seems that that will never happen.§

The cave filled a blue-ish green light. The colors swirled, a portal the Ningen Kai had formed. The fox watched the portal and limped towards it. He glanced mournfully around the cave. The fox shook his head limped into the portal.

In Ningen Kai, people watched as a huge comet soared through the night sky. It made any star look like mere white dots.

~*~

This was a short one ¬_¬

Kurai: Very short ¬.¬

Baby Kurai: *confused*