Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Father's Love ❯ Chapter 5: Horobi ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello people. I know it's been awhile- ok a month or so- but now I'm back to writing again. Just needed some inspiration,

Disclaimer: I own nothing

~*~

Kurai ran around in the backyard. She was chasing after some bubbles that one of her toys were making.

"Gotcha!" Kurai declared on the unsuspecting bubble. She pounced on the buubble, but it had popped, causing the little fox to fall to the ground. Kurai whined that her "prey" had escaped. She dusted herself off, muttering that something had tripped her. She looked down to see what had tripped her,

"What's that?"

~*~

"Aunt Keiko! Aunt Keiko hurry!"

Yume poked her head from the doorway. "What's wrong Kurai?"

"I need a band-dand! Alot of them!"

"Are you hurt?"

Kurai shook her head."No. It's for Horobi." Yume cocked an eyebrow."Horobi? Who's that?"

"He's a fox like me and he's hurt. Really, really hurt!" The chibi stressed each word, showing how serious this was.

The teenager stood up and walked outside into the backyard."You better not be lying Kurai, or I'll-" She stopped mid-sentence, gaping at the sight infront of her.

A fox, a black one, was sprawled in hedges of her home. It's legs layed limp as did its fluffy, black tails. It's mouth was slightly open, a pink tongue hung out of it. But ahat shocked her the most was that it ws surrounded by a pool of its own blood. It was dead.

"Oh my god.."

Kurai, who had been watching her, tugged vigorously at her sleeve."Yume! Get the band-dands! Hurry! Horo's really hurt!"

Yume looked down t he child. She didn't realize that this fox, this 'Horo' was dead. She knelt down and brought the girl close to her.

"I'm sorry Kurai. I'm so sorry. But I can't save your friend. He's...."

Kurai squirmed away from Yume. Her golden eyes glowed with annoyance for the teenaged girl. She quickly turned on her heels and ran into the house calling for her aunt and uncle.

~*~

It was warm.

Warm and soft. He couldn't feel the pain anymore. Well, not as much. He knew he was awake but didn't want to wake up. He just wanted to lay there and sleep.

But something was next to him, pressing against his side. Slowly, he opened his eyes and glanced to his right to see what was next to him.

It looked like a huge ball of silver-y fluff. Little ears poke out of its head and a small fluffy tail was wrapped around its body. Small hands held onto the blanket that was covering him, and its breathing was so soft, he thought it was dead. It mumble something and curled closer to him.

It was an adorable little fox.

He smiled and began to stroke its head. The little critter flinched away at first, but soon began to snuggle into the touch. His smiled brightened as he heard it purr.

He continued to stroke the little fox's head, slowly closing his eyes and relaxing into the pillow.

~*~

"Aunt Keiko he's waking up! Look look!"

"Shush Kurai. Please keep your voice down."

The little girl's hands instantly went up to her mouth and silenced it. The bed-ridden demon chuckled at this. The small fox's antics amused him.

"So, your name is Kurai, correct?"

Kurai nodded.

"And you saved me?"

"Yups. But Yume said you were dead." Kurai glared at the teenager, who just glared back. The elder fox laughed quietly, amused by the youngster's antics. Sighing, he allowed his body to once again sink into the pillows.

"Wait," he looked at Yume," who are you? Why are you here?"

Smiling he answered before fatigue took over,"I am Horobi, kitsune no kage. As for me being here....your guess is as good as mine."

Then he went limp.

~*~

Koenma sighed as he re-read the stack of papers on his desk. Once again there was chaos in the Makai, but this....this was just..crazy!

As shown in the charts given to him, it clearly stated that the dark world was splitting in two! With his strongest detectives gone, Koenma has had more work than ever. And this was really starting to take its toll on the demi-god. He sighed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"How could I have let this happen? Dammit! If only Kurama and Hiei were here, they'd take care of it, no sweat.

"But this letter I recieved is of no help! Its just useless babble. 'Clear stones' and 'red tears'? What does it mean?"

Throwing his hands up in frustration, Koenma buried his head in his arms.

Soon the roo was filled with his snoring.

~*~

Short! >_<#

Kurai: Very short

Oh go play with Chibi Ken.

Kurai: Otay!

I'm sorry for this chapterbeing so short. But the next one will be longer! Kurai starts school in the next one!

PLEASE R&R!