Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Free My Soul ❯ Repentance ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free My Soul: A Suicide Tale

Disclaimer: YYH belongs to someone, but it's not me so you can't sue, I just happen to be
using these characters to suit my twisted designs, the only thing I own in here is my OC, Miyoh Urameshi.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
//telepathy//
'substitute for italics'
(occassional poem or something else)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Chaps. 3 and 4
I still gaze upon the macabre, unfocused iris
A grotesque protrusion in the center of it all
Gazing at me with that cold, lavender eye, that eye!

I knew it would haunt me
I saw it now, as clearly as I ever could
It wanted to devour what little being I had left!

To get away, to shrink away from that eye
It followed in my dreams
Nightmares, couldn't be free!

Get away from here
Let your horrendous gaze fall upon another unfortunate
Free me from this torment!)

Chapter Five: Repentance

::11:38am, Miyoh's meeting with her boss::

"And we would be great obliged if you would accept..."

Miyoh isn't hearing her supervisor's words.

"We're going to put you in a..."

All she could hear was that sound.

"...room enviroment..."

'Scree, scree, scree...'

"Miyoh? Can you hear me? Miyoh? Miyoh! Stop, what the hell are you doing?!"

Miyoh comes back to herself, first noticing the letter opener in her left hand, and then blood
dripping from a gash on her arm, she had sliced through the bandages.

Her boss grabs the phone and calls the ambulance, he then eases over to her and gently
removes the letter opener from her grip.

"You're going to be alright Miyoh, I've called an ambulance for you. Just sit here and wait for them to come." he
tells her soothingly.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

"No..." she whispers under her breath.

She could see the Jagan so clearly.

"What?" her boss asks, not hearing.

It moved through her thoughts with ease, bringing back horrid memories.

"No...no, no! Get out! Go away, let me go! Let me go!" she screams, her boss holding her in her seat
to keep her from bolting. "Let me go! Let me go!"

"Shh...you're going to be okay, just calm down. You're just in shock, shh..." he says as she relaxes and he loosens his grip slightly, she gets free and races from his office.

"Miyoh!"

She ignores his call, dodging her surprised co-workers that try to help her and cradling her profusely bleeding arm as she runs. Then goes out the back door and doesn't try getting in her car, because the ambulance are there. She runs the few blocks to her home, not stopping for breath until she has locked herself inside.

That eye was watching her.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

That sound wouldn't stop.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

She could feel the blood pooling around her feet.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

"What's happening to me?!" she yells, steadying herself against the wall.

'Scree, scree, scree..."

"That boy...that third eye of his...he did this!"

'Scree, scree, scree...'

"How can I make it go away?!"

'Scree, scree, scree...'

"Tell me!"

'You have to die...'

"What? What did you say?"

'You have to die....Miyoh....you have to perish...'

"I have to die, if I do will I be free of this?"

'Yes, it's all you have to do...'

She's in a daze as she slowly makes her way over to the kitchen counter, withdrawing a large butcher knife from the rack.

'That's it...go on...'

"Alright, then I can be free of this nightmare..."

'Scree, scree, scree...'

The Jagan eye looked at her with so much malice.

That sound wouldn't cease.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

The dark figure was getting closer...and nothing was going to stop it.

She screams, driving the knife deep into her chest and watching the crimson seep onto her white blouse.

"It's fading...finally, nothing more of that horrid sound, that figure. Although now...I realize why it happened..."
she coughs up blood. "It was all because of what I did to Yusu...I know you can't hear me...but brother...I'm sorry."

She falls to her knees, coughing up a bit more blood, then trying to get back up.

"No! I don't want to die yet, I have to make everything up to Yusuke!"

Her plea is unanswered as her hands slip in her own blood, gravity pulling her to the ground. She manages to roll over
and stare at the window, Hiei sits there in a tree, his red eyes looking at her impassively.

"You, I curse you, you took away my life with that eye!" she yells to him, her eyes straying to his headband, chest still
soaked with blood. Her eyes roll up in her skull, mouth giving that horrid form as she calls for death in that rattle deep
from her throat and finally lay still, nothing but a cooling corpse.

Outside, Hiei growls silently to himself.

*Only now,...when she's dying, does she even think of apologizing.*

A neighbor found her a few hours later, calling the police after screaming their head off.

'Scree, scree, scree...'

::1:56pm, Kurama's house::

"...she had no remaining relatives except for a younger brother, whose location is unknown currently. Until there can be accurate arrangements for her funeral she will be kept in the morgue at Shimiga Hospital. {1} The cause of death looked to be suicide, but the police ruled that out, there wasn't a note and so they've put it as accidental." Kurama clicks off the television, sighing.

//Well Hiei, you've got your revenge, so what now?//

Hiei, leaning against the doorframe, doesn't reply.

Yusuke is sitting beside Kurama on the couch, taking up as little space as possible and whispering to himself.

"I don't wanna be a burden on anyone else, look what happened to Miyoh because of me. She was right, I should have listened to her and then none of this would've happened...." he tells himself, drawing his knees to his chest and crying silently.

Both the other demons in the room smell the salt of his tears and Kurama looks over to him in alarm, asking if any of his wounds had reopened.

Yusuke shakes his head, still sobbing quietly into the fabric of his jeans.

//He thinks everything is his fault, all of this, especially her death.//

//Why would he think that?//

// 'None of this would have happened if I'd just went back to her.' That's what he's thinking right now.//

//It's sad...but it's not true, even if...//

//No, don't try and deny it kitsune, it's not his fault however and we have to make him believe that.//

Kurama feels a weight shift on the couch, Yusuke has stood up and taken off to the outside, towards the city hospital, which is conviently located about a mile from Kurama's house.

"Yusuke!" Kurama yells, going after him, Hiei following in the treetops and jumping down in front of Yusuke, startling him.

"Where are you going detective?" he asks, letting a bit of the deep concern he has for the disraught teen seep into his voice.

"I...I'm going to identify Miyoh's body...so she can at least get a proper burial."

"Yusuke," Kurama starts gently. "You don't have the means to pay for it, and besides, would she have done the same for you?"

Yusuke looks to the ground, thinking about it for a few seconds.

"I don't care, I have to see it for myself, she...she can't be gone!" he tells them, and with that he pushes past a stunned Hiei and
continues running to the hospital.

Kurama sighs, pulling a hand through his hair and follows at a sedate pace, catching Hiei by his cloak and tugging it to get him to come with him.

"Come on Hiei, if he wants to see that she's truly dead, then we cannot stop him."

Hiei nods, going with him.

::3:05pm, Shimiga Hospital Front Desk::

Yusuke rushes in, dried tear tracks down his face as he makes his way to the front desk of the hospital, Kurama and Hiei waiting at the door.

"I...I'd like to see Miyoh Urameshi, I'm her brother, Yusuke." he tells the nurse, who looks up and 'tsks'.

"Aw, you po' little child, a'ight, you be coming with me."{2} she replies, patting his shoulder and not noticing him flinch away as they start to the elevators.

She looks back to the two demons standing at the door.

"Ya'll be coming with us dere?"

"Yes." Kurama replies quickly before Hiei can say anything, and they follow the woman to the elevators.

She pushes the down button and go inside the elevator and she pushes the floor marked 'M'.

Yusuke stands solemnly in one corner of the elevator, as far away from everone as he can get.

*Miyoh, you can't be dead, you can't be....* he thinks as the elevator comes to a halt and the doors ease themselves open.

It was 'deathly' cold down here, goosebumps rose up on the nurse's, Yusuke's, and Kurama's arms. Hiei had sense enough to raise his fire ki to a level where he wouldn't freeze.

"Miyoh, Miyoh...." the nurse mumbles under her breath, checking tabs on things under sheets and on the drawers. "Found it!"

She was checking the tag on something on a wheeled cart, it was under a sheet of course. Yusuke comes over to stand beside her, reaching a shaking hand out to take off the sheet, to make this decision or wether or not his sister is dead, a finality.

He whisks the sheet away, to lay his eyes on Miyoh's cold body, slightly rigid with post-rigor mortem as the stench of embalming fluid rises from her corpse.

*No...no, Miyoh, you aren't...*

"Miyoh....come on Miyoh this isn't funny..." he says, grabbing her shoulders, they are cold under the warmth of his fingers. "Miyoh...wake up, come on, you aren't dead! Wake up!"

The nurse turns her head away sadly, trying not to let tears fall.

An image of her laying in the earth, decaying, the worms and such making a feast out of her rotting corpse, flashes in his mind. Yet here, on this cot, she looked as if she could wake up any moment, well, if it weren't for the fact that she still wore that bloodstained blouse. He screams, backing away from his dead sibling.

"No...Miyoh...." he starts as tears start to stream down his face."She's gone...she's gone and it's my fault...."

"Aw, now honey, you don't be blaming yo'self 'bout dis here." the nurse tells him, trying to comfort him.

Yusuke slips out of her grip, looking at Kurama and Hiei who watch genuinely concerned.

"Come on Yusuke....let's go." Kurama tells him, taking his arm and leading him to the elevator.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:

{1} I don't know the name of the city they live in, so I made one up.

{2} Dialect, its based off the lady at my hospital who was very nice to me when my grandpa was dying.

(Chap. 5

Now, I watch...the pretty vermillion
Seeping from my chest
Staining my white blouse...

As I lay here
I plead to you my brother
Forgive me!

Forgive me...
Never should I have
Hurt you brother

I'm sorry I say
To you my brother
Goodbye I say as I die)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: I listened to 'Ghost of you' and 'I'm not okay (I promise)' by MCR (My Chemical Romance) and numerous sad anime songs while writing this.

RC#16: It shows.

Anaki: -burns him again-

RC#16: Revel in her poor attempt at humor and review while I go find some water.